Jay29
DuringTheWar
djoe26
Kick
SamuelJayC
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Manchester United v Arsenal Preview - Page 2 Empty Re: Manchester United v Arsenal Preview

Post by RealGunner Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:12 pm

Oxlade out for tomorrow. Ramsey to start on the Right according to Wayne from goal.com

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Manchester United v Arsenal Preview - Page 2 Empty Re: Manchester United v Arsenal Preview

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:24 pm

Manchester United v Arsenal Preview - Page 2 Zp_155455389SM021_Arsenal_FC_T_7686

Manchester United v Arsenal Preview - Page 2 Zp_155455389SM026_Arsenal_FC_T_4737

Manchester United v Arsenal Preview - Page 2 Zp_155455389SM031_Arsenal_FC_T_557

hmm

-------------------------

Lulz if Ramsey starts. Evra is horrible but Ramsey can't even beat Santos.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:47 pm

I know non of us would like to see Santos but he is the best attacking option we have sadly. Razz
Wenger still has not figured out how to use Giroud.
Manchester United v Arsenal Preview - Page 2 Zp_155455389SM035_Arsenal_FC_T_6757

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:50 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Arsenal's Premier League record at Old Trafford: P20 W3 D5 L12 F10 A33 :facepalm:

Newcastle's Premier League Record at Anfield: P18 W1 D2 L15 F16 A45

:coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:11 pm

I really want to give Mole a hug
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:48 pm

Im more optimistic about this than most people seem. I suppose its difficult after some of our recent performances to see the light, i dont think the qpr/shalke/norwich games have anything to do with this. The team has had a nice rest, wilshere is back and hopefully will improve from his promising display against qpr, and man utd have clearly shown this season they are vunerable in defence. Remember when the team was fresh against liverpool and man city, we were getting plaudits from all over the place, our midfield was a force with cazorla and diaby, since the latter was injured against chelsea we just havent been the same and cazorla has been subdued, but i think wilshere will improve the team even more than diaby, and he will help out cazorla a lot. To quote wenger wilshere was class against qpr but he wasnt in the rhythm of the game, once he gets that back this team will click imo, hopefully tomorrow
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:21 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:Arsenal's Premier League record at Old Trafford: P20 W3 D5 L12 F10 A33 :facepalm:

Newcastle's Premier League Record at Anfield: P18 W1 D2 L15 F16 A45

:coffee:

Razz Hope we both get a result this weekend mate. I think Newcastle will get a draw at least anyway.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:46 pm

Great Great preview Sam

i think we will miss song for this match
if Santos starts Verm has to cover over that flank and song(class of 2009 anyway) could Drop back in those situation and help a lot

with Walcott playing 120 mins i think we can bring both him and Arshavin as impact subs as long as the game is still even
plus Ashley young off the ball movements/diagonal runs into centrall positions can cause problems
Ramsey would be more than happy to track him

their defence is far from convincing
Rio lacks pace our best chance would be with Rafael attack-minded full back
we should use Giroud as a decoy to make runs drag on defender out of position and then the likes of Godolski or Cazorla running at a defender in 1 vs 1 situation same that sp*ds did
imo most important period is first 20-25 mins
if we dont make any silly mistakes and have enough cover when the ball is lost
if after that period we are still in the game we can get something out of it
otherwise chasing the game for long period would be just what they would want to hit us on the break
man utd known for their ability to come from behind late in the games but sofar they have also scored most goals in first 15 mins of their matches in the league with 5
though we are yet to concede in that time range Razz
here is hope for Liverpool/city esque performances
fingers crossed
come on Arsenal bounce
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:07 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2227085/Arsenal-dont-scare-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-more.html

reading this article feels like we are as good as wigan ffs
must win tomorrow and rub it on some peoples face
cant stand manure
come ooon

are we back in contention for the title if we win? Very Happy
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:29 am

I don't know about being back in contention if we win. We won't be able to say for sure until we show some consistency.

A win would do a lot of our belief, though.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:33 am

A win would be wonderful for our morale, particularly ahead of the Schalke game and two London derbies against Fulham and Spurs coming up.

But even if we win, and that's a huge if, will anyone really start saying we can win the title? Maybe it's just me being pessimistic, but our squad isn't title quality. If we win the league in the next 3 years I'll run around London naked.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:52 am

just wish for 2 things. Not only to humiliate United, but also hopefully injury the mother *bleep* in the process (sure judge me all you want).
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:02 am

Giroud to net a hat-trick :coffee:

COYG!
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:06 am

I hope our players are going though similar emotion as we are. I wonder how hyped/wound up they players get? I know the likes of Frimpong will take RVP's personally.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:29 am

From the Guardian
Manchester United v Arsenal Preview - Page 2 Man-Utd-v-Arsenal-001
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:31 am

Just to pump things up:

But this video is more like RIP vs. Arsenal :coffee:

Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:34 am

Santi Cazorla says Arsenal must keep possession if they want to come away with anything from Old Trafford.

The Spanish international, 27, has made a flying start to life with the Gunners and is looking forward to Saturday’s crunch clash with Manchester United.

Midfield maestro Cazorla said: “I think the key to modern football is having possession, the more you have the more you control the game.

“A win would be great for the team’s confidence. To beat such a strong side at their own ground makes you stronger in all aspects.

“Let’s take the example of our match against Manchester City, which was a difficult game against a tough side.

“The team showed incredible quality and could even have won the game, so we came out of that match much stronger than before."

Cazorla has been looking forward to locking horns with the Red Devils ever since he moved to England.

He added: “It’s a great fixture, it’s a great stadium, they’re a good side and it’s a big game — it will be a brilliant experience.

“They’ve got brilliant players like Robin [van Persie], Wayne Rooney and many more who are first class, so it will be very difficult to beat them.

“But all the players in our squad have played against some of the biggest teams in the world, so it’s nothing new for us.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:18 am

From the Guardian

I think that will be the starting line up for us.

I do worry sometimes about AW and his refusal to drop players out of form. Ramsey does seem to be a favourite of his.

We have a stronger defence and midfield. Without the refs helping Utd they would be between 6-9 points worse off this season (Liverpool, Stoke and Chelsea games). As long as Baconface doesn't referee this game as well, we can win it.

That is, if Arsene plays this side:

Mannone
Vermaelen (left back)
Koscielny
Mertersacker
Sagna
Wilshere
Arteta
Podolski
Walcott
Cazorla
Giroud

Arshavin is a little unlucky to miss out, but if we are behind by a goal or two he should be given at least 30 minutes (probably for Podolski as he seems to run himself into the ground after an hour). Theo did play 120 minutes midweek, so perhaps Gnarby could get a run out too. He's talented and an unknown quantity. Could be interesting if he's used.

Wenger has been leaving his substitutions too late for my liking this season. If he sorts this out (if we need them), then we may be ok.

But, if I see Ramsey and Santos starting...I will be expecting us to go behind in the first half.

So, my prediction is (Ramsey and Santos starting) 3-1 to Man Utd with Van Pussy scoring at least two after Valencia rapes Santos all game.

With Walcott and Vermaelen at left back (to counter Valencia)...Man Utd 1 Arsenal 2 with Theo and Giroud on the scoresheet. Assuming the ref is unbiased of course. Seems ridiculous for fans to be worrying about officials when playing Utd, but everyone worries because they get too many decisions in their favour.

My team + Ref ok = win cheers I can but dream Very Happy
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:11 am

Nice preview Sam Thumbs up

I'm sooo excited about this game 2bhonest ,it's our chance-our day -our WIN....no matter if myPC is working very slowly lol ! today is a perfect day...it's a sunny day-me =OK

However ,i agree with Arsenalfaithfull -post 32 ,yeaah m8 i hope soooo...it's a very important point u mentioned above .
@Kick -if u remember one of my post at old forum ,lol -heyyy u'v been my fav poster n me yours Smile soooo , asking me and my fellow gunners -yeah we gonna Thrash em -very badly- i promiseeeee m8 ( butttttt u can't blame me for any case)! Deal .
Well- i'd love to see Gibboss thrashing em but u know..anyway ,as u remember guys ,i like our away kit (red n black-to me)! Our pl. looks like Alb. in a way ! that's another reason why i'm very optimistic as our pl.should be !

Finally - this is a must win...luckily not 4both sides ! it's for Arsenal only . Wink

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:43 am

Kick wrote:Please thrash them.

Get one of our CB's to take out the ref and then you won't have a problem. Without their best player they are only an average team.

lol. U MAD?

----

great preview OP.!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:45 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Look at their midfield, cleverley and carrick, two of the most average scrubs to play at the top level. We really should run rings around them, just have to be clinical and solid at defence. We must not play santos, seriously, utd are a wing play team, as long as our full back keep the flanks locked down and our CBs keep it tight we should be ok from there. However i am resigned to the inevitability that he who must not be named will score a goal

How can I take you serious with this type of post. smh.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:49 am

Surprised one or 2 posters here have said Valencia is in good form. He has been really poor by his standards imo. Actually all our wingers are out of form atm.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2