An Arsenal supporters’ group have arranged a demonstration Hill-Wood to be removed

+5
boss
TalkingReckless
furiouswindbottom
Kwame2u
Raptorgunner
9 posters

Go down

An Arsenal supporters’ group have arranged a demonstration Hill-Wood to be removed  Empty An Arsenal supporters’ group have arranged a demonstration Hill-Wood to be removed

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:30 pm

An Arsenal supporters’ group have arranged a demonstration where they will call for drastic changes to the club’s board, spending policy and ticket scheme.

Arsenal’s travelling fans aimed their anger at chief executive Ivan Gazidis during Saturday’s 2-1 defeat at Manchester United.

Protest group ‘Where Has Our Arsenal Gone?’ are planning a march before the game against Swansea on December 1 where they will demand chairman Peter Hill-Wood is removed from the board.

They also want minority shareholder Alisher Usmanov to be given a seat on the board, questions to be asked about who purchases players and changes to the club’s ticketing policy. Marc Harold from Where Has Our Arsenal Gone? said: “We’ve been sold the future for five years now, that tomorrow we’ll arrive at the promised land.

“We aren’t labelling it as a protest march, although we are demanding changes at boardroom level. The board has lost focus, is complacent and insular, feeling all is rosy at Arsenal when it most certainly isn’t.

“We have done this before (in May 2011) and the turnout was a few hundred. I’d safely say that number will be quite a bit bigger this time

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-fans-turn-on-board-8282097.html
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

An Arsenal supporters’ group have arranged a demonstration Hill-Wood to be removed  Empty Re: An Arsenal supporters’ group have arranged a demonstration Hill-Wood to be removed

Post by Kwame2u Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:59 am

The best way to get the baord to sit up and take note is to hit them in their pockets. Best way to do that is to somehow, get all fans to boycot 1 game at the stadium in protest of the manner things are being done. I'm sure that is something the AST would b able to get done.

This will def. make them realize that they have to stop taking fans for a ride
Kwame2u
Kwame2u
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

An Arsenal supporters’ group have arranged a demonstration Hill-Wood to be removed  Empty Re: An Arsenal supporters’ group have arranged a demonstration Hill-Wood to be removed

Post by furiouswindbottom Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:02 am

The best way to get the baord to sit up and take note is to hit them in their pockets. Best way to do that is to somehow, get all fans to boycot 1 game at the stadium in protest of the manner things are being done. I'm sure that is something the AST would b able to get done.

This will def. make them realize that they have to stop taking fans for a ride

Problem is Arsenal have a long waiting list for season tickets. The owners already have the money. The first 7 cup games are also included but not sure if Champion's League games are.

Any game coming up that relies on box office sales should be used. Problem is, a lot of fans don't get the chance to see them much so take any opportunity.

Personally, I think it would be a good idea. I was really unhappy with Hill-Wood's comments at the AGM. After a difficult and justified question regarding sales of our best players every season, he muttered ''The same lot again.''

That's just not good enough.

Since 2006 we have sold (key transfers), among others (for mainly financial reasons or not sorting out contracts which could be deemed the same in my opinion)...

Thierry Henry
Ashley Cole
Mattheiu Flamini
Emmanuel Adebayor
Kolo Toure
Cesc Fabregas
Gael Clichy
Samir Nasri
Robin Van Persie
Alex Song

Let's look at the replacements (some already at the club).

Clichy for Cole. Then we sold Clichy!
Adebayor for Henry. Then we sold Adebayor!
Diaby for Flamini. Always injured.
Vermaelen for Kolo Toure. Not a bad swap.
Ramsey for Cesc. Nowhere near good enough a replacement.
Arteta for Nasri. Good , but not as good.
RVP: Replaced with Giroud. No comparison.

You could argue that Song has been replaced with Coquelin, but he is on the fringes of the team.

So, nearly half of the 'replacements' we sold on. And the others...well tell me if it adds up?

OUT: IN:
Nasri Giroud
Cesc Arteta
RVP
Song

I know we used some squad players we already had (Wilshere is a very good player but Ramsey?), but you can see the squad getting thinner and thinner in terms of quality every season now.

I am very worried for our future tbh, as the board are just getting as much as they can for themselves. They go on and on about FFP, but I don't think FIFA/UEFA will have any power over clubs at the end of the day. Lawyers for the likes of Real Madrid, Chelsea and Man City will be able to delay certain penalties for years.

We can't rely on FFP. Keep you eyes on it, sure. But don't bank on it and DON'T USE IT AS AN EXCUSE FFS! Mad
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:18 pm

Song was never replaced and the reason we are in the situation we are in is because Wenger thought that Diaby would play but we all know he is made of glass.

An Arsenal supporters’ group have arranged a demonstration Hill-Wood to be removed  15466877

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:45 pm

Song was replaced with Carzola.... all Song did was be the player maker last season he barely defended......and Santi is doing that this season

Last edited by Legend on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:57 pm

I'm @Arsenal supporters side....but is it just Wood....nah... Logically >He has collaborators - partners ..imo Razz !..maybe "boss" knows best ! However.....

"Where the hell our Arsenal has gone"

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:54 pm

Tbf furiouswindbottom, you didn't mention Cazorla, Mertesacker, Podolski, AOC, Koscielny or Jenkinson in your critique of our transfers. I can understand the frustration, but everybody seems to be looking for a scapegoat these days. I guess we can't just blame it on Arshavin or Squillaci anymore eh.

We don't really have proof that the board have forced Wenger to do anything in terms of transfer activity or preparation of our squads each season either. If anything, the frustration with them should be about issues such as ticket prices, but blaming them for transfers is sort of believing what is likely a conspiracy theory. I also love Wenger btw, but I'm still pretty certain he has been the one calling the shots.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:30 am

Eman wrote:Tbf furiouswindbottom, you didn't mention Cazorla, Mertesacker, Podolski, AOC, Koscielny or Jenkinson in your critique of our transfers. I can understand the frustration, but everybody seems to be looking for a scapegoat these days. I guess we can't just blame it on Arshavin or Squillaci anymore eh.

We don't really have proof that the board have forced Wenger to do anything in terms of transfer activity or preparation of our squads each season either. If anything, the frustration with them should be about issues such as ticket prices, but blaming them for transfers is sort of believing what is likely a conspiracy theory. I also love Wenger btw, but I'm still pretty certain he has been the one calling the shots.

look how bad Wenger has been handling the Walcott contract, its just embarrassing. If Ramsey or Gervinho comes back we wont see Walcott start again. To me Wenger is putting his ego before Arsenal, for 7 years the whole world has been crying to Wenger to change but we keep seeing the same shit every year.

Wenger signs a injured Diaby to 5 years contract but will rather see Walcott go for free than give him a raise. Do I think Walcott worth 100k? no but 90% of our team making way more money than they are supposed too. What has Wenger done in the past 7 years to get the highest pay in EPl?

Losing Walcott is not a big loss but I am tired of the world calling a selling club. Why is Wenger so quick to make a billionaire more money but will bench a player so he will sign a contract for less. Wenger should have sold him in the summer and replaced him, not play the whole season and keep making lies, Walcott is injured.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:38 am

Losing Walcott would be a giant loss
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:41 am

Lex wrote:Losing Walcott would be a giant loss
Agreed. Thumbs up
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:28 pm

Lex wrote:Losing Walcott would be a giant loss

Now it is, we have no real goal scores and the whole team is struggling. If he continues to play like this, more teams will offer him that 100k and Wenger will replace him with Ramsey.

It looks like Sagna will be leaving the way he has been talking about Jenkinson quality you would think he has made up his mind and wants to leave.

Theo loves the club and wants to stay but Wenger will let him and Sagna go.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:00 am

I heard this statement from the CEO of Nintendo Japan Saturo Iwata today.. And I know its pretty unrealated...But hearing a couple key words made me instantly think of the board and how I really wish they shared the same mentality.

"I always and strictly tell Nintendo employees never to use the term ‘success’ to describe our own performance," Iwata said. "If we call a result of any of our efforts a ‘success’… we might apply it as the standard for success for future projects as well, and we could wind up not trying to do better than that or not making something which is very different in nature."

VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum