RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Rev
SamuelJayC
Jay29
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Schalke 2 - 2 Arsenal: Decent point in the grand scheme of things - Page 3 Empty Re: Schalke 2 - 2 Arsenal: Decent point in the grand scheme of things

Post by Jay29 Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:38 am

An interesting stat is that Giroud has only scored when he and Walcott have played together (Coventry, West Ham, Reading, Schalke). hmm

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Schalke 2 - 2 Arsenal: Decent point in the grand scheme of things - Page 3 Empty Re: Schalke 2 - 2 Arsenal: Decent point in the grand scheme of things

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:41 pm

Schalke 2 - 2 Arsenal: Decent point in the grand scheme of things - Page 3 M3dep
rofl
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:47 pm

“We managed the first part, not the second one. I felt that overall we played reasonably well, but dropped physically in the second half. The regret we have is that we conceded the goal just before half time and we missed the [Theo Walcott] chance at the end of the game. I think the two, of course, have a big impact on the result overall. Schalke never gave up and worked hard. I believe we have shown a good response to Saturday’s game and you feel the team is getting better. I think in one month, if we continue to develop, we will be there.”

A month? we dont have a month Wenger. :facepalm:

I would feel better if he says next year, in a month we will get kicked out of all the competition.

I waited 7 years another month wont kill me but I know what 1month means. :facepalm:
What scares me is that he said 1 month, and not 3 weeks. affraid
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:06 pm

Mannone was brilliant. For me, I would keep him in the team for a bit. Give Szczesney something to think about. Despite our poor recent form, Mannone has been the shining light. He has earned the right to play imo.

I managed to use about 15 swear words in 5 seconds when the ref stopped the game when Poldi was in on goal. Shocking refereeing.

Theo looked lively. His movement made a big difference. He must start on Saturday.

Wilshere did ok for an hour but Wenger missed a trick by keeping him on. He was clearly exhausted. He has just come back and that does happen.

At the back I thought we were fairly poor second half, but you weren't covering your eyes as much when they attacked down our left.

And...hands up who almost soiled their pants when Santos came on near the end? I was convinced he was gonna mess it all up for us. affraid

But in the end...not a bad result. Any team, be it Barca, Real, Man Utd or Dortmund would be fairly happy with a point at Shalke.

Olympiacos are the threat but we should have just about enough to qualify ,where we will be drawn with Barca as usual Sad
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:12 pm

Wilshere did look tired but he did need to complete a full game, not just for fitness reasons but for confidence reasons, too. It's similar to how players need to be kicked a few times during a match to ensure that their injury has well and truly healed. Wilshere managed both.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:32 pm

lenear1030 wrote:is it just me or does it feel like almost every player in the team is off form?

Again, welcome to my world Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:40 pm

Well, on a positive note, Shalke have already beaten Olympiacos away in the CL.

If they do the business and if we beat the Montpellier, then we are through.

If..if...if Laughing
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:53 pm

lenear1030 wrote:is it just me or does it feel like almost every player in the team is off form?

I thought that in the first half we looked pretty good. In the second half to me it seemed as though there was a HUGE tactical change to try and park the bus and preserve the win. Then when Schalke scored the second we tried to start our attack again. I just do not think that we are good enough or have the players to sit back in our final third trying to stop people. We need to keep them unbalanced and attack. With the subs of Santos and Coquelin I thought (even tho we almost scored) that the tie was what we were playing for.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:57 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Again, welcome to my world Laughing

Just randomly jumped from the U-21 thread to this one Laughing
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:06 pm

I was hoping that would happen Laughing

It's true though our u21s are playing better football than our first team and most of our players are off form.

Suspect
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:31 pm

Haven't got time to write up too much feelings on the game tbh (damn you work). Will try n include the feelings in the preview for Fulham game. That'll be online on Friday night btw. Thumbs up
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3