Amar
Raptorgunner
SamuelJayC
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arsenal v Fulham Preview Empty Arsenal v Fulham Preview

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:15 am

Arsenal v Fulham Preview 52280Arsenal v Fulham Preview 75386 Arsenal v Fulham, Saturday 10th November, 3pm, Premier League, Emirates Stadium

Arsenal v Fulham Preview 908351-15136041-640-360
Arsenal let a two-goal lead slip against Schalke in midweek and now have three successive home games

Premier League Table

1. Man Utd 24pts
2. Chelsea 23pts
3. Man City 22pts
4. Everton 17pts
- - - - - - - -
5. WBA 17pts
6. Spurs 17pts
7. Arsenal 15pts
8. Fulham 15pts

Gunners have to bounce back as trio of home games arrive

After the unprecedented 7-5 victory at Reading last week, Arsenal entered two games which could ultimately decide how far their season goes. The visits to Old Trafford and the Veltins-Arena to take on Manchester United and Schalke were billed by the media as the fixtures that would determine whether the gunners were really in the title race and whether they could finish top of their Champions League group. With the morale of both the team and the fans low, it was hardly surprising that the outcome was depressing. The defeat to Sir Alex Ferguson's side was all too predictable - particularly Robin van Persie's opener - as was the collapse in Gelsenkirchen on Tuesday night. The reaction of the travelling gooners was understandable: frustration. With three home games on the bounce against Fulham, Spurs and Montpellier, Arsene Wenger has called on his team to help the fans create a positive atmosphere with good displays on the pitch.

"The atmosphere comes from the team, not the fans and we have to think like that," Wenger said at Thursday's press conference, "We had one or two flat game at home, I agree, especially the game against Schalke and even the game against QPR. I believe that it’s down to the quality of our game - that’s our responsibility."

Jol putting his blueprint on Cottagers

After finishing 9th, 8th, 12th and 7th in the last four seasons, it's fair to say Fulham are now a competitive, well-managed Premier League football club who no longer aim to 'just survive'. But when When Moussa Dembele and Clint Dempsey joined Tottenham in the summer, fans and media predicted Fulham would slide down the table. It wasn't just their two best performers departing the Cottage either, Danny Murphy, Dickson Etuhu, Andy Johnson and Pavel Pogrebnyak also left for pastures new. In total, 14 first-team players left the club during the transfer window, but Martin Jol, enjoying his second season with the Cottagers, managed the situation calmly.

Dimitar Berbatov, so nearly of Fiorentina and then Juventus, signed with Fulham as did steady performers Kieran Richardson, Hugo Rodallega and Mladen Petric. An early exit from the league cup and an absence from the Europa League means Jol can focus entirely on the Premier League, though, the club's form isn't perfect. The side do sit 8th, level on points with Arsenal, but just 1 win in their last 5 league fixtures is a concern. But it's possible that Fulham could end the weekend in fourth if they win at the Emirates and other results go there way, and the club look set to reward the manager with a new contract, reports said on Thursday. "I'm happy to stay," Jol told journalists.

Last season - Fulham outdo Arsenal

Arsenal 1-1 Fulham (26/11/11) - Vermaelen scored at both ends as the gunners avoided a surprise home defeat against Jol's side.
XI: Szczesny; Djourou Mertesacker (Diaby) Vermaelen Santos; Song Arteta; Walcott Ramsey (Gervinho) Arshavin (Chamakh); Van Persie

Fulham 2-1 Arsenal (2/1/12) - Sidwell and Zamora scored with 5 minutes remaining to beat 10-man gunners. Koscienly's header had put Wenger's men ahead.
XI: Szczesny; Djourou Mertesacker Koscielny Coquelin; Song Arteta; Walcott (Rosicky) Ramsey (Squillaci) Gervinho (Benayoun); Van Persie

Match Facts

* Fulham have never won away at Arsenal in any competition, losing 22 and drawing four of 26 visits.

* Last season’s 2-1 comeback win at Craven Cottage was the first time Martin Jol had enjoyed a win over Arsene Wenger in the Premier League (W1 D4 L4).

* Fulham have lost 12 points from winning positions this season, more than any other side.

* Fulham have hit the target with a higher percentage of their shots than any other side this term (57%).

Team News

Arsenal v Fulham Preview 52280

Oxlade-Chamberlain (hip) & Ramsey (groin) will have fitness tests, whilst Szczesny (ankle) could also return. Wilshere (suspension), Rosicky (tendon), Diaby (thigh), Gervinho (ankle), Fabianski (ankle) & Gibbs (thigh) are all unavailable.

Arsenal v Fulham Preview 75386

Davies (thigh) is a long-term absentee, whilst Diarra (knee) is "50-50" according to Jol.

Arsenal v Fulham Preview AbDGMhAap9

Arsenal subs - Szczesny, Santos, Jenkinson, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Arshavin, Chamakh

Fulham subs - Stockdale, Senderos, Sidwell, Karagounis, Dejegah, Petric, Rodallega

Managers

Arsene Wenger ( http://bit.ly/TyaWzY )

"My desire is to keep Theo. We do what’s needed to keep him and hopefully as I told you many times, we can sort this situation out very soon. Very soon is before the end of December - one way or another, that is for sure. I don’t want to go into any details but you can believe me [that] we do the maximum we can to keep our best players."

"I believe it’s important to have potential central strikers. We have Walcott, Podolski, of course Gervinho can play through the middle. We still have Giroud and Chamakh so it’s good to have plenty of players who want to play there and can be capable to play there."

Martin Jol

“Arsenal have always been a good footballing team and they will have been disappointed to lose their last league game against Manchester United; but those are two top teams who want to win. Against Schalke they were okay and drew 2-2, even though they were 2-0 up. And they beat Queens Park Rangers 1-0 recently so I think they are doing fine. If we play a good game then we can cause them problems. We did that last season at the Emirates but they scored a late goal to make it 1-1. Then at home Bobby Zamora won the game in the last couple of minutes, so hopefully we can do the same this time.”

Smile
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Fulham Preview Empty Re: Arsenal v Fulham Preview

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:28 am

Great preview as always Sam.

I had a good feeling about the game until i got to this.
* Fulham have never won away at Arsenal in any competition, losing 22 and drawing four of 26 visits.
affraid

This game is up to Wenger if he wants to win or another embarrassing performance. Fulham will be tough as always even though their recent games have been ties and losses.

Fulham have always given us hard times and I hope we can give them a good beating this time. Will be a mistake starting Giroud, he will be useless.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:12 am

Don't worry we've got Mannone back there, anybody remember his last performance against them :coffee:

But a must win here without doubt, we can't afford to drop more points, the gap from the top is already big enough
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:36 am

How do we have so many injuries already! This is pathetic
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:39 pm

Guess who is back?
http://instagram.com/p/Rz4V72E3RC/
Arsenal v Fulham Preview A7Qy9NjCMAEWpQL
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:38 pm

Fullham games have never been easy for Arsenal and we will have to be at our best to beat them. With Wilshere suspended i would like to see Coquelin start over Ramsey as he did good against Reading.

Btw great preview Sam! Thumbs up
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:00 pm

2 players should never start for Arsenal Ramsey and Santos.

I had enouph of Ramsey, look at Jack 18months out and he is back but Ramsey is still shit.

Ramsey is good coming off the bench.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Arsenal v Fulham Preview 684843160

I wonder what was said here. :bow: Arsenal v Fulham Preview Zp_156015863SM025_Arsenal_Trai_4241Arsenal v Fulham Preview Zp_156015863SM026_Arsenal_Trai_7468
Arsenal v Fulham Preview Zp_156015863SM037_Arsenal_Trai_7180[img][/img]
Gays?Arsenal v Fulham Preview Zp_156015863SM018_Arsenal_Trai_3422
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:07 pm

Great work Sam

with inverted winger such as Duff,a Right footed full back like Jenko/or sagna can do the job and offer more
verm should play centrally

there was stat that fulham score a goal with every 43.5 final 3rd passes which was most efficient in the league
i think full back will be key for us both in how much impact they can have going forward and the positioning not get drawn too centrally

Fellaini played left of center while Jelavic occupied Hangeland
so with crosses from right to far post for Giroud we can feed him

i hope we play our game
sometimes with this team i wish we dont score early( as late as possible Evil or Very Mad ) because we absorb too much pressure by retreating
Fulham havent been counter attacking threat so far i hope it will be one of those home game we can control IF! we take a lead rather than sitting back
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by abirking Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:19 pm

i donot get the hate for ramsey. There are worse midfielders out there. Atleast he is not injured for 80% of the season like a certain frenchman. Plus he is being played out of position as a winger. I dont think wilshere will be effective if he is asked to play at RW.
Anyways two massive games coming up. We no longer have a world-class player to dig us out of a mess unless someone like arshavin is bought in january who changes the season.
Hoping for a win tomorrow.
I dont get why we didnot try to get berbatov. He is doing well, and even though he is lazy he is a far better striker then what we have right now.
abirking
abirking
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:20 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Arsenal v Fulham Preview 684843160

I wonder what was said here. :bow:

Wenger: Arterta! Can u be captain after Christmas ? thinking about selling that snob Thomas.

Arterta: Would be my honor Mr Wenger. I'm gonna be like a boss as usual. ButTomas Rosicky ? why?

Wenger: No No, Thomas Vermalen

Carzola: Why?

Wenger: Well you're new here but we have a tradition of selling our captains, plus he's playing like Tony Adams high on weeds anyways.

Carzola
: Why? Aren't we rich enough?

Wenger: I don't know, ask Ivan. I only do what I told

Carzola: But..but does that mean you gonna sell Arte..?

Wenger: psh

Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:22 pm

If Wenger wants to win, he will go with this line up.

-------------Mannone
Sagna, M'sacker, Koscielny, Vermalean
-----------Arteta----Coquelin
Walcott, Cazorla, Arshavin
-----------Podolski----------

Arsenal 3 Shitham 1
I hope to god, I dont see Santos or Ramsey anywhere near our starting 11 or the bench.

But knowing Wenger he got a point in Germany and is ready to go with the usual.
-------Mannone
Sagna, M'sacker,Vermalean-- Santos
-----------Arteta----Coquelin
Ramsey, Cazorla, Podolski-
---------Giroud--------------

Fulham 4 Arsenal 0-
No shots on target.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:39 pm

looool twoism
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:19 pm

If Wenger plays Ramsey over Theo, I might shift my allegiance to the "Wenger out" camp. There is absolutely NO reason NOT to start Theo bar injury
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:28 pm

Lex wrote:If Wenger plays Ramsey over Theo, I might shift my allegiance to the "Wenger out" camp. There is absolutely NO reason NOT to start Theo bar injury
lol

What happens if you see both Santos and Ramsey start? rofl
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:06 pm

Thanks for compliments guys
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:38 pm

Great work as always mate

I am not all that confident about tomorrow, but i should be since we are at home. Fulham have gone stronger this season and have some quality players in their side with Ruiz and Berbatov. Their defence is very solid as well which will mean if they score early, it will be a long day. But if ( hopefully ) score early, it will be an open game and will suit us as long as Santos doesn't come on with Gear 6.

I'd go with the same back 4 as against Schalke but i have a feeling Santos might play. With Wilshere injured, Coquelin would be a good option indeed since Arteta would then be able to move forward. Perhaps we can play Arshavin instead of Santi ? But that won't go well with the fans.

Theo is a must, Giroud is a must too. Giroud is getting better with each game, finally showing his montpellier form.

Hopefully a good scoreline. Will take anything though apart from a defeat or a draw Razz
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:55 pm

RG, why do you want to bench Cazorla? Very Happy
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:29 am

Cazorla just doesn't 100% fit right now. He's played just about every single game since arriving, on top of internationals. He could do with a break.

It's the same with Podolski, too.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:44 am

Cazorla must be on the bench for me, he's going to Panama mid week and will already be dead tired for the early NLD kickoff.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:45 am

exactly!
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:17 am

I get that he is tired and maybe abit off form too but he is needed for tomorrow game. With Jack not playing tomorrow and Arteta playing deep there will be no one to create chances. Arshavin and Ramsey are other options but they are not as good as him.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:42 am

Give Arshavin a chance. He' bossed in the Coventry and Reading games, as well as basically setting up the winner vs QPR. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:46 am

Fulham at home tomorrow is going to be one of those games where we have a tonne of possession but no end product. I think the game will mirror that of QPR to be entirely honest.

I feel we're too slow when attacking; Giroud gets poor services; and a few tired legs will be obvious around the 70min mark.

I'd start with a 4-5-1 come 4-3-3 as Wenger won't be using my preferred 4-4-2

Vito

Sagna Mert Kos Verm

Arteta Cazorla Coquelin

Walcott Podolski Arshavin

2-1
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:18 am

I would definitely start Theo, and Giroud too. I'd like to see Cazorla get some rest and come off of the bench in the 2nd half if things go sour, but he will probably start. It will be interesting to see what Wenger does at LB - if he does not play Santos, can we believe that he, too, does not rate him anymore? hmm
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next