Top 5 attacking/creative midfielders ever ?

5 posters

Go down

Top 5 attacking/creative midfielders ever ? Empty Top 5 attacking/creative midfielders ever ?

Post by Don Carlo Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:19 am

After a good 10 minutes of thinking I`ve came to the conclusion that the top 5 attacking/creative midfielders are..... in no particular order....

Johan Cruyff
Diego Maradona
Michel Platini
Zinedine Zidane
Zico

Agree ?... disagree ?
Don Carlo
Don Carlo
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Top 5 attacking/creative midfielders ever ? Empty Re: Top 5 attacking/creative midfielders ever ?

Post by juventus101 Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:07 pm

Depends if you consider Baggio and Garrincha as midfielders...
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Top 5 attacking/creative midfielders ever ? Empty Re: Top 5 attacking/creative midfielders ever ?

Post by Don Carlo Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:29 pm

juventus101 wrote:Depends if you consider Baggio and Garrincha as midfielders...

Mmmm... I wouldn`t class Garrincha in that mould, I think wingers should come under their own bracket but I`d definitely class Baggio as such, I don`t think he was better than any of those guys though, they were all a bit better.
Don Carlo
Don Carlo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:38 pm

Laudrup should surely be up there.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:49 pm

With Baggio considered one and Garrincha not, my list would look like:

1. Diego Maradona
2. Roberto Baggio
3. Johan Cruyff
4. Michel Platini
5. Zinedine Zidane
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Carlo Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:21 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Laudrup should surely be up there.

In place of who though ?

Do you think he was better than any of the 5 I mentioned ?
Don Carlo
Don Carlo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:40 pm

1. Maradon
2. Pele
3. Zidane
4. Cruyff
5. Platini
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Carlo Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:12 pm

daneq wrote:1. Maradon
2. Pele
3. Zidane
4. Cruyff
5. Platini

I`d class Pele as a striker much more than a creative midfielder, a second striker rather than an outright striker (though the amount of goals he scored suggests he is an outright striker) but definitely a striker more than a midfielder.
Don Carlo
Don Carlo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:34 pm

I agree with that 5.

Zidane wasnt a number 10 in the sense that he didnt play strictly in between the lines, but his role was that of a number 10 so I am cool with that.

Laudrup is talented enough to be in the discussion, but that isnt enough. On talent, Riquelme is going to start getting talked about. Garricha is a winger if I ever saw one and Baggio isnt on this level.

Pele was not a creative midfielder, nor a striker. If he played in todays game, it would be basically the same position as a second striker.

I know you didnt put it in order, but swap Zico and Zidane around and im good with it. Maradona could be called better than Cruyff and I wouldnt argue, but like you have it reserved I wouldnt argue either.

So yeah, I like the 5.

On the outside looking in is more difficult.

Say, number 5-10.

Candidates include Laudrup, Baggio, Rivaldo, Totti, Zizinho, Rivelino, Charlton, Gullit (played so many different roles maybe he shouldnt be included), Rivera, Kopa, Francescoli and probably someone im forgetting.

No way to get the next 5 out of those without debate.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down