The Sanchez
Donuts
barca 2011
Kubalathegreat
10 posters

Go down

Not many outsiders succeed at Barca Empty Not many outsiders succeed at Barca

Post by Kubalathegreat Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:04 am

Goal.com has given a report of some of the things that happened while at Barcelona, and some of the things said after he departed, Though Zlatan had issues with the club, the question must be asked. Was selling Ibrahimovich absolutely necessary?

One thing that could make Barcelona an even stronger team would be the presence of a tall and powerful target man. Zlatan is just the player that would help Barcelona break down a packed box in defense

No matter how good of a player one is, no player is bigger than the club. This is especially true at Barcelona. Yes, Zlatan as a player would only make Barcelona better by giving another option. But, Zlatan the person did not, and could never, fit in the Catalan club.

Barcelona is known as a club that is a family. The ego and attitude of Zlatan made his ability as a player not worth the effort off the field. From bust ups with then coach Pep Guardiola to playing second fiddle to Messi, Zlatan did not work out (via goal.com).

Kubalathegreat
Kubalathegreat
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Not many outsiders succeed at Barca Empty Re: Not many outsiders succeed at Barca

Post by barca 2011 Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:41 am

Kubalathegreat wrote:Goal.com has given a report of some of the things that happened while at Barcelona

Things that happened while at Barca for Zlatan, or what?

As far as outsiders who have succeeded, just off the top some of our most influential and important players come to mind:

Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Dani Alves, Figo, Villa and of course Cruyff....
These were all successful outsiders.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Not many outsiders succeed at Barca Empty Re: Not many outsiders succeed at Barca

Post by barca 2011 Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:49 am

Yaya Toure, Stoichkov, Krankl, Romario, Kubala, Laudrup, Deco, lol. We can go on.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:23 am

Every club has flops in transfers and great ones, especially a big club like Barcelona, Madrid, etc etc.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:23 am

There are some who can play within the playing style, there are some who can't. Ibra were one of those guys who couldn't. Shame he costed so much!
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:04 am

The Sanchez wrote:There are some who can play within the playing style, there are some who can't. Ibra were one of those guys who couldn't. Shame he costed so much!
I know. I wouldve loved Eto for just one more season.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:59 am

It's a popular yet unfounded theory levied against a club that is dominating world football...Less focus/attention levied against the capital club who all they do is bring in foreigners but it is what it is

As for Zlatan, massively talented player with an ego & disruptive personality to match...His departure is like many he's had before and has little to do with the club...I would've loved for it to work out because he remains the most talented big man in the game, for me, but he would've become a cancer that ripped the team apart
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:05 am

still pissed off we sold off etoo he had 2 years left in him Sad , dono why we didnt give him a pay rise.
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:06 am

MaraVilla wrote:still pissed off we sold off etoo he had 2 years left in him Sad , dono why we didnt give him a pay rise.
We did just fine without him in the past couple years.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:07 am

There are as many success stories as there are flops.

It's this way with every club.

It sounds like you are basing an entire overarching idea of outsiders not succeeding at Barca on the sole case of Zlatan...
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:41 am

If Alexis doesnt turn it around by seasons end I'm sure he is likely out as well
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:13 pm

I wouldn't mind selling Masche and Alexis at the end of the season, and signing Nerman and a WC CB. Masche just renewed, though, so that makes me think it's unlikely we would sell him
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:46 pm

I don't think it is a case of outsiders not being able to succeed at this club. It is a case of Barcelona not having found players adaptable to their system while making countless of poor, poor signings whom to me were obvious no-go's.

I mean seriously, Alex Song Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down