Donuts
gondov
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

iniesta skill - Page 2 Empty Re: iniesta skill

Post by Jack Daniels Fri 23 Nov - 20:05:45

Nah man.

Grafite's goal against Bayern is shit since he could've just placed the ball forward instead of a back heel since it seems more effective.

Purists lol.

Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 23 Nov - 20:09:09

Jack Daniels wrote:I don't even understand why people doesn't appreciate such skill.

Effectiveness my ass, he just bamboozled a defender ffs. Maybe we should just portray Ronaldinho as a clown now since his flicks is as effective as a short pass.

Jesus Christ.

I can understand why people would want to see effectiveness and artistry combined....

But very few have done that and they end up being GOAT's.

I understand Jiber's POV even if it is a bit OTT but as Dani said football is suppose to be entertainment.

The reason people love Zidane so much was because of exactly this even if he wasn't as effective as say maybe Raul, Rivaldo, Figo etc etc were.

People watch the game to be entertained, depends what your looking for i suppose.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Fri 23 Nov - 20:14:12

Gibberish... If you're not entertained in such things, then watch chess on TV.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 23 Nov - 20:14:52

How did you remember Grafite goal lol

I didnt even remember him, I was whos Giraffe..then I saw Grafite and though of graphite.LOL

For like 5 seconds I was completely lost.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 23 Nov - 20:16:24

Don't be hating on chess lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Fri 23 Nov - 20:17:36

The Franchise wrote:How did you remember Grafite goal lol

I didnt even remember him, I was whos Giraffe..then I saw Grafite and though of graphite.LOL

For like 5 seconds I was completely lost.
Hmmm.. Maybe I'm the purist then? lol

I may never indulge in such debates about footie, but never underestimate my memory capacity when it comes to beautiful goals. lol

Last edited by Jack Daniels on Fri 23 Nov - 20:20:30; edited 1 time in total
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri 23 Nov - 20:19:57

I can understand if people want to talk about effectiveness when taking into account ranking the best players in the world or something-which is one reason Iniesta will never surpass Messi- but there is nothing wrong with appreciating this skill even if it could have been done an easier way.

This skill was beautiful and amazing. I'm glad he did it and I appreciate how unbelievably hard that is, and I'm entertained. In the end that's what I watch football for.

Iniesta :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri 23 Nov - 20:59:20

Not sure if nice skills or poor ball recovering by Spartak here..Must be both hmm
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri 23 Nov - 21:41:27

An artistic player - usually because of their control - will be heavilly involved in games, their job is to make their team play well. If they are not notching up gaols + assists, it really doesnt mean they arent effective just because you cant quantify it easilly. Their contribution is one of the most valuable in the team.

Anyway, i want to see iniesta leave barcelona. Firstly, because i dont like barcelonas dominance, but secondly, i want to see him if he starts getting more goals and assists once he is not subordinate to messi and xavi
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri 23 Nov - 23:27:33

The Franchise wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Nope.

He uses both feet, has nice moves and makes it look very nice because of his style but Messi is quicker, more explosive and sells the change direction too well.

Iniesta does moves like these where you really impressed and it looks really classy, Messi doesnt have that style, but he beats people easier and more often.

I do belive that Messi might edge it in short spaces but im not sure if explosiveness and quickness really does make alot of difference when someone has a little space, maybe quickness...

I think it does, if your crowded, all it takes is a little bit of space and you can explode out of it and leave the crowd. Without that, its harder to escape.

If Messi was in Iniesta's position, he would of probably ended up in the box rather than not really going anywhere productive.

Dont get me wrong, I do belive that it does make some difference but just not as big as some other aspect..

And its pretty obvious what Iniesta got by doing that dribble, he won the possesion of the ball...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat 24 Nov - 3:43:41

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:An artistic player - usually because of their control - will be heavilly involved in games, their job is to make their team play well. If they are not notching up gaols + assists, it really doesnt mean they arent effective just because you cant quantify it easilly. Their contribution is one of the most valuable in the team.

Anyway, i want to see iniesta leave barcelona. Firstly, because i dont like barcelonas dominance, but secondly, i want to see him if he starts getting more goals and assists once he is not subordinate to messi and xavi

Iniesta is no "subordinate" to Xavi. Messi I get, but not Xavi.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sat 24 Nov - 6:32:13

People who say Iniesta isnt effective for Barca clearly dont watch 90 mins of Barca matches and only wait for Jiopsi's starts tables for assists and goals. The whole barca possession game is based around iniesta, busquets, xavi and messi.

Iniesta's brilliant ball control is seen all over the pitch, he helps alleviate pressure and keeps the ball moving, hence u hear the term chasing shadows during Barca matches. All that running after the ball from rival players, really counts towards their eventual demolition. Iniesta is a silent assassin !

(All those who are hating on Iniesta would be fapping all over the place if it was a player from that team)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat 24 Nov - 8:15:22

Iniesta ineffective? What are you smoking people have you not seen him in the world cup or any major game for that matter? He shows up 95% of the time and always makes big contributions, mainly with his dribbling.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Sat 24 Nov - 12:14:44

I think he did very well. He has created a space for his team mates to run into by dragging those defnders away from thei positions. Football is more than goals and assists. As footballers, it is their responsibilty to entertain us, and noone is more artistic than Iniesta.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2