Lex
fatman123
Tomwin Lannister
nandrolona
RealGunner
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lazio fans Stab Tottenham supporters after a bar brawl Empty Lazio fans Stab Tottenham supporters after a bar brawl

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:09 am

A Tottenham Hotspur supporter has been seriously injured and nine others hurt in clashes with rival fans in Rome.

Spurs are due to play Lazio in the Italian capital later in a Europa League match, and hundreds of their fans are in the city.

The Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper reported the Spurs fan was seriously injured in the bar brawl.

He is understood to have suffered a serious injury to an artery after being stabbed.

Nine of the injured fans are believed to be British and the 10th is American.

The BBC's Rome correspondent, Alan Johnston, reported police as saying 30 people - armed with iron bars and with their faces covered - approached the bar where the English fans were drinking in the early hours of Thursday and fighting broke out.

Our correspondent said the bar was wrecked and five people were arrested.

All of them were Italians who the police believe to be Lazio fans.

Some Lazio supporters have in the past been associated with fascism - the club was supported by Mussolini before the war - while Tottenham have traditionally drawn support from the Jewish community.

Some Spurs fans refer to themselves as the "Yid Army", and earlier this year Peter Herbert, chairman of the Society of Black Lawyers, threatened to report them to the police.

The newspaper La Repubblica said "urban warfare" broke out at the Drunken Ship bar in the Campo de' Fiori with up to 100 "Ultras" attacking Spurs fans.

It said Lazio fans were armed with knives, baseball bats, and knuckle dusters.

A spokesman for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office said it was investigating and would provide consular assistance.

BBC

Disgraceful as always, the Nazio fans
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Lazio fans Stab Tottenham supporters after a bar brawl Empty Re: Lazio fans Stab Tottenham supporters after a bar brawl

Post by nandrolona Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:36 am

My Italian friend always warned me not to get into fights with Italians because they will either pull a weapon on you or come back with all their friends and family.
nandrolona
nandrolona
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Lazio fans Stab Tottenham supporters after a bar brawl Empty Re: Lazio fans Stab Tottenham supporters after a bar brawl

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:53 pm

Disgraceful. If you're going to have a brawl don't take weapons and do it man to man. I hate all of this knife and back up sh*t people do these days.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:55 pm

barca 2011 wrote:
nandrolona wrote:My Italian friend always warned me not to get into fights with Italians because they will either pull a weapon on you or come back with all their friends and family.
In other words, dont mess with those crazy Eye-Ties!!!!

theres a Thai restraunt in the Italian part of Sydney called Eye-Thai :bow:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:06 pm

I blame the Brits. They probably said something provocative to those Lazio fans.....like "hello" Rolling Eyes
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:16 pm

No Lex when it's about Lazio it's their fault. Scum of the earth.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:48 pm

shouldn't lazio be banned?
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:02 pm

They are scum. The absolute worst in the world. Horrible, vile football club from top to bottom.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:54 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:No Lex when it's about Lazio it's their fault. Scum of the earth.

Perhaps you didn't catch the sarcasm.

Absolute scum Lazio is. How anyone could support such a club is beyond me, this is just awful stuff. Typical Nazio fans, I'm not sure why this club hasn't been sent to the depths of hell yet.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:13 pm

My best friend supports Lazio and he's a very nice person Very Happy

Lets not generalize people.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:44 pm

shite club, shite team, shite fans....do you expect anything less from the shame of italy?
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:21 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:My best friend supports Lazio and he's a very nice person Very Happy

Your best friend supports a club that is known for their extreme right-wing and racist displays, including Nazi salutes by their captain and fans alike... what possible justification does he have to be associated with them? "I liked them as a kid" is hardly good enough as he's old enough to see them for what they are now.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:30 pm

http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it...omanista.shtml

Lazio ultras had nothing to do with it. One of the arrested was a Romanista and according to Lazio president there are also 3 foreigners apprehended.

of course lazio always get a bad rep.
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:31 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:My best friend supports Lazio and he's a very nice person Very Happy

Your best friend supports a club that is known for their extreme right-wing and racist displays, including Nazi salutes by their captain and fans alike... what possible justification does he have to be associated with them? "I liked them as a kid" is hardly good enough as he's old enough to see them for what they are now.

you could say the same thing about roma, inter, or any other club.

stop generalizing.
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:38 pm

I don't think Roma and Inter quite fall under that category. I may be wrong, but nothing like this has happened in recent memory, and Lazio fans regularly salute their team during derbies.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4158591.stm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:41 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I don't think Roma and Inter quite fall under that category. I may be wrong, but nothing like this has happened in recent memory, and Lazio fans regularly salute their team during derbies.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4158591.stm

sure you can. roma are far far right, just like lazio.

as for violence, roma fans stabbed a bunch manchester united, arsenal, and middlesborough fans a few years ago.

Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:51 pm

Rossonero23 wrote:http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it...omanista.shtml

Lazio ultras had nothing to do with it. One of the arrested was a Romanista and according to Lazio president there are also 3 foreigners apprehended.

Legit Link there lol

http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/calcio/europa_league/articoli/93464/raid-ultras-arrestato-un-romanista.shtml
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:04 pm

Rossonero23 wrote:sure you can. roma are far far right, just like lazio.

as for violence, roma fans stabbed a bunch manchester united, arsenal, and middlesborough fans a few years ago.

It's not entirely accurate to say Roma is far far right. There are far right groups and far left groups within the Roman ultras. Additionally, the club stands up against that kind of action. The last time it happened the coach and payers stoop up against it, publicly denounced it, and management tried various measures to try to ensure it doesn't happen as well as trying to get referees to stop games if it happens again. With Lazio, their own captain does it. You are true to say that I shouldn't generalize, and I'm sure most Lazio fans are normal non-hating people, but something is institutionally rotten with that club.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:22 pm

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri
JUST IN: 2 Roma fans - not Lazio - arrested for the attack to Tottenham fans

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:32 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Thankfully football is played on a field

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:42 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Rossonero23 wrote:sure you can. roma are far far right, just like lazio.

It's not entirely accurate to say Roma is far far right. There are far right groups and far left groups within the Roman ultras. Additionally, the club stands up against that kind of action. The last time it happened the coach and payers stoop up against it, publicly denounced it, and management tried various measures to try to ensure it doesn't happen as well as trying to get referees to stop games if it happens again. With Lazio, their own captain does it. You are true to say that I shouldn't generalize, and I'm sure most Lazio fans are normal non-hating people, but something is institutionally rotten with that club.

you're right. extremely to the right is a better description.

you make it seem like roma are clean and lazio are dirty, when they're both the same imo..
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:44 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Rossonero23 wrote:http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it...omanista.shtml

Legit Link there lol

http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/calcio/europa_league/articoli/93464/raid-ultras-arrestato-un-romanista.shtml

does that mean roma are nazi's??? fascists??? lol

no outrage. only when lazio does it, when this crap happens all of the time between every clubs ultras/fans.

Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by bowjob Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:10 pm

Can you imagine how terrifying that must have been for the Spurs fans and others in the bar? We've heard lots of terrible European hooligan based stories in the past and stabbings have occurred. But how this went down seems to be on another level. It sounds like something out of the movies. 100 masked thugs with metal bars and knifes surrounded the bar and then swarmed on it. It's insane and I can't believe it's getting so little in the way of press coverage.

Scum. As usual nothing will be done.
bowjob
bowjob
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:29 pm

Do you guys really believe they got stabbed for just wearing a shirt? Is it impossible words of exchange were given or a situation that had nothing to do with football happened and they just so happen to be wearing the jersey?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:21 pm

Lazio fans Stab Tottenham supporters after a bar brawl 21743_457391084307029_1699694420_n
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next