Does embarrassing even begin to cover it?

+25
free_cat
Twoism
yoonie
CBarca
furiouswindbottom
Emaharg
Raptorgunner
RedOranje
6unner
The Verminator
SamuelJayC
djoe26
El Gunner
DuringTheWar
Eman
julias
RealGunner
MJ
Wilson37
Lex
Amar
Sri
VendettaRed07
TalkingReckless
Jay29
29 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Does embarrassing even begin to cover it?  Empty Does embarrassing even begin to cover it?

Post by Jay29 Tue 11 Dec 2012 - 23:32

I'm trying my hardest not to lose all sense of perspective here. Believe me, it'd be very, very easy to launch into a massive rant about how poor this team really is.

It's becoming increasingly harder to find excuses for these types of performances and results and, really, it's the same shit we've seen before, just in a different toilet. I'm not going to sit here and harp on about how we suffered yet another embarrassment. We all know how it happened.

The real question is: what are we going to do about it?

There has to be some serious consequences for this performance. This is not a situation where the players require protection and cuddling. This is a situation where they require a slap.

There is no way Vermaelen can get away with these repeated poor performances, now compounded by being made to look worse than a Conference player by some League 2 nobody.

It makes no sense for highly-criticised, out-of-form Aaron Ramsey to continue playing in a position that he is not comfortable in.

It makes no sense for a striker like Podolski to continue as a winger.

It makes absolutely no *bleep* sense for a player as poor as Gervinho to continue playing in the first team, let alone as a striker.

And it certainly makes no sense that we persist with this boring, out-dated and worthless style of play that even a League 2 team can stifle. Yeah, just when we thought it was bad that some of the Premier League's worst teams can defend against us with ease, Bradford come along and prove that any one can do it. Surely that suggests that this system needs to change, one way or another.

I might be not giving Bradford the necessary credit here, but damn it, a team playing with a lot of spirit and desire to work hard and win is not anything special. It's should be a standard for any football team, no matter how good and how well-paid. The fact this Arsenal has so many games without showing these basic attributes disgusts me.

Is it the players? Is it the manager? Is it the chef? I don't know. Who really does know? In any case, I don't care who's fault it is. Someone has to do something.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Wed 12 Dec 2012 - 0:04; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Does embarrassing even begin to cover it?  Empty Re: Does embarrassing even begin to cover it?

Post by TalkingReckless Tue 11 Dec 2012 - 23:34

Vermaelen SHIT, SANTI SHIT, GERV WORSE THEN SHIT

Jack was the only one doing anything, he was the one defending and attacking and playmaking, while santi was doing shit
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Does embarrassing even begin to cover it?  Empty Re: Does embarrassing even begin to cover it?

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue 11 Dec 2012 - 23:35

Sell everyone other than Jack
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue 11 Dec 2012 - 23:36

GoonerJay29 wrote:I'm trying my hardest not to lose all sense of perspective here. Believe me, it'd be very, very easy to launch into a massive rant about how poor this team really is.

Discuss away while I prepare a rant that doesn't make me look like an ungrateful hater of some sorts.

Don't bother with it today Jay, the pitchforks and torches are going to render any attempt at rationale futile.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue 11 Dec 2012 - 23:36

Legend wrote:Vermaelen SHIT, SANTI SHIT, GERV WORSE THEN SHIT

Jack was the only one doing anything, he was the one defending and attacking and playmaking, while santi was doing shit
VendettaRed07 wrote:Sell everyone other than Jack

I thought Rosicky played well too :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Tue 11 Dec 2012 - 23:37

This team is a disgrace and a total joke.

Everything from the upper management down to the players is in total shambles.

We can sit here and discuss all the problems all day long, but whats the point...they won't be solved and they'll just keep growing bigger and bigger.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue 11 Dec 2012 - 23:39

Rosicky comes on and immediately makes everything better

Fck everyone else, offer him 120k and a new contract
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue 11 Dec 2012 - 23:39

The mighty Arsenal first team outplayed and beaten by a fourth division side 65 places lower than them...
Sczeny - 6
Sagna - 4
Metskr - 5
Verm - 3
Gibbs - 5
Coquelin - 5
Wilshere - 5
Rosicky - 6
Cazorla - 4
Ox - 5
Podolski - 3
Ramsey - 3
Gervinho - 2
Chamakh - 4

Last edited by Wilson37 on Tue 11 Dec 2012 - 23:43; edited 1 time in total
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue 11 Dec 2012 - 23:40

Sell the fans :facepalm:

Myself included. I prefer somewhere warm Cool #crazygoonertalk
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 11 Dec 2012 - 23:40

Thought the Swansea defeat was embarrassing. This is a new low. Pathetic bunch.

Our captain is shit. Wide players even more shit. There is no hunger in this team, no desire.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue 11 Dec 2012 - 23:43

MJGunner wrote:Sell the fans :facepalm:

Myself included. I prefer somewhere warm Cool #crazygoonertalk

I would have suggested Manchester, but it ain't too warm I suppose. How about some country closer to the equator? I am gonna start watching Indian football drinking Can't be worse smoking

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue 11 Dec 2012 - 23:44

Amar wrote:
We can sit here and discuss all the problems all day long, but whats the point...they won't be solved and they'll just keep growing bigger and bigger.

THIS.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Tue 11 Dec 2012 - 23:49

Lol I cannot express my disgust for this team, I mean do I seriously have to go to every game before they think about winning Very Happy

On a serious note though today showed that the club/squad needs an overhaul from bottom up.

Knee jerk this is not, Bradford were nothing special however they showed the absolute minimum needed to be a professional footballer....

passion, commitment, responsibility and desire

We showed none of that until the last 10 minutes ffs, I don't GET THIS TEAM

they have no ability to show professionalism and win the game professionally.

Tbh this isn't even about the fact that we lost but the absolute dog s**t performance that went on for about 80 minutes, honestly some of the football I saw today was a joke, struggling to complete 5 yard passes, missing OPEN goals from a distance of a yard out, offside offside off-F**KING side

I'm gonna stop typing because its a waste, I'm done with Arsenal for this season I couldn't give two f**ks whether we win or lose this season

I'm not spending another penny watching this garbage pathetic side until they can at least show the basics of pro football

Oh and learn to f**king cross a ball!

ps Jack Willy is BOWS
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed 12 Dec 2012 - 0:02

Pathetic. Absolutely fecking pathetic :facepalm:

I did not see this game due to an exam, and I was okay with that because frankly this is Bradford we're talking about. There is no way we could manage to lose against Bradford, especially given the strong side fielded. Our reserves should comfortably be able to beat a club like Bradford...and yet we still fecking lose?? This club is beyond crisis.

Also, Bradford may have been on a good shootout run, but this isn't England vs. Germany ffs. Szczesny saves 2 penalties and we still lost :facepalm:

The way we played against West Brom was clearly a false dawn. Any team in the world who isn't on shit form will beat us right now it feels like.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed 12 Dec 2012 - 0:15

Id prefer to attack arsenal now, but i feel compelled firstly to point out that we arent the first nor the last big team to get beaten by a minnow. We need to understand any team can make a game dificult especially when the conditions suit them (icey pitch and home advantage for example) This aint in anyway justification for losing but there is an overreaction to how significant this defeat is imo. I mean people acting as if its the end of the club....

Anyway, our finishing today was utterly horrendous, thats what cost us, the amount of awful shots we had was mindboggling. Honestly it seemed like cazorla for example shot about 1000000000000 times without troubling the keeper, even the penalties were terrible (respect to the youngsters wilshere and chamberlain though). Even the posts were against us, you realise we hit the post twice in the shootout, once in the first half, and hit the crossbar as well. Gervinho continued to demonstrate his fear of the goal, it borders on hilarity. I was like "oh my days" when chamackh, the guy known for running AWAY from goal when he has a chance to shoot, went to take the penalty, predictable miss really. And vermaelen, well, congrats for the equaliser, but he cant defend can he, hes just not a top player, he cant lead the team as captain if he cant even play well.

Well played wilshere and rosicky. Both played well, i was impressed how wilshere got better as the game went on, when the team got utter shet thats when he carried us, captain material clearly.

Ramsey wow. Im gonna start critising players that even pass him the ball, they are effectively guilty of passing to an opponent.

What a shet game
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed 12 Dec 2012 - 0:19

How can you be so stupid to keep on playing Ramsey and Gervinho... :facepalm:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Wed 12 Dec 2012 - 0:27

'We sold Van Persie for football reasons' - Gazidis.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed 12 Dec 2012 - 0:28

Hehe, feck... We actually lost to motherfecking BRADFORD CITY with a supposedly strong starting XI... :facepalm:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed 12 Dec 2012 - 0:32

djoe26 wrote:'We sold Van Persie for football reasons' - Gazidis.
I don't even know what to say about that.

Absolutely disgusting to see what our club are going through at the moment. And unfortunately the future doesn't look anymore brighter atm.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Wed 12 Dec 2012 - 0:37

Why is Wenger experimenting on players and play them out of position? Ramsey playing wide who is not so fast and his dribbling skills arent that good. Also gervinho as a striker :facepalm: his touch, passing, shooting and he isnt that strong either. The only thing he can do is dribble but that is also limited. I think Chambo would do better than him if he played in that position, hell i think Jenks would do better.

It is so hard to watch Arsenal these days. Arsenal's football was joy to watch but now it is just boring and frustrating.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed 12 Dec 2012 - 0:44

I don't see how anything like this, which keeps happening every season, will change unless something dramatic happens - like Wenger and/or the board all being replaced.

SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed 12 Dec 2012 - 1:02

Does embarrassing even begin to cover it?  A933GPMCIAEssw7
Pic when Vermaelen missed pen. Says a lot.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Wed 12 Dec 2012 - 1:04

Gerv didn't even give a s***. Ox and Wilshere were shattered though.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed 12 Dec 2012 - 1:08

Gervinho looks like what he is. A complete asshole.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed 12 Dec 2012 - 1:10

Look at Chamakh :facepalm:

oh and this :facepalm:

Does embarrassing even begin to cover it?  1355257750059
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum