Wenger"I don't expect Stan Kroenke to intervene"

2 posters

Go down

Wenger"I don't expect Stan Kroenke to intervene" Empty Wenger"I don't expect Stan Kroenke to intervene"

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:10 pm

Wenger said: ‘I am responsible for the football front, I don't expect Stan Kroenke to intervene.

‘The way to support me is to let me do my work and do my job, I don't expect anything else. I'm very determined and very hungry - if I wasn't I wouldn't be here.

‘I love the club, I sit here and show how much I love the club. We have been through difficult periods before and I know how to turn this around because I have been here 16 years.’

Wenger is looking to pick his players up at Reading on Monday evening after a difficult week, but believes he and his players should be looking forward, not back.

'We are top professional people. What is important is what happens tomorrow, not what happened yesterday. We are sorry for that [Bradford] but what is important is the next game.'

'They [Reading] are a team who deserve a lot of credit because they came up last year, for me surprisingly.

'They make it difficult for every team in every game, so we expect a battle. Our results are quite consistent and good away from home.

'We had a good game against West Brom [and] it’s important to confirm that in our next away game.'

The Frenchman believes his players are committed and resilient enough to bounce back from the Bradford loss.

He said: 'This team cares, is serious and wants to do well, I do not question the spirit of the team.
I believe I have a strong team.

'If you look at our season at the moment, we have not produced our performances at home, away our results are in the same bracket as the two top teams.
'Where we have lost the points is we made too many draws at home.

'Manchester United are top of the league, six points ahead. They have lost three games, we have lost four. We had more draws, especially at home, that is where we have lost the points.'

The Arsenal manager was also asked whether, after 16 years at the helm, he had been at the club for too long.

He said: 'I can understand people criticise when the results are not as expected. It looks like has become the modern way to think.

'You say that 16 years can be a handicap, but it can also be an advantage because you have experience, you love the club.

'If I sit here, it is because I have really shown how much I love his club. We have gone through difficult periods before and you know how to turn it around.'

There has also been speculation that all-time top goalscorer Thierry Henry could re-join the club on loan in January, but Wenger refused to comment on the proposed move, and said: 'I cannot tell you anything about it because nothing has happened.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2247995/Arsene-Wenger-tells-Stan-Kroenke-wants-turn-Arsenal-round-alone.html
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Wenger"I don't expect Stan Kroenke to intervene" Empty Re: Wenger"I don't expect Stan Kroenke to intervene"

Post by Eman Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:04 pm

This is the way it should be. The day an owner decides he knows more about football than a manager who has spent his entire life in the game is the day the club becomes unstable (see: Chelsea). All Arsene needs is Stan's trust to do a good job when Stan's funds are available. It sounds like money is being made available, so I don't see the issue.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum