OT: French 75% tax found unconstitutional

+4
free_cat
julias
OLpower
sportsczy
8 posters

Go down

OT:  French 75% tax found unconstitutional Empty OT: French 75% tax found unconstitutional

Post by sportsczy 29/12/2012, 20:43

Constitutional court denied the 75% tax bracket as it found it would discriminate against a segment of the population.

This saved Ligue 1 tbh as well as a lot of French businesses. There was a mass exodus in progress. This stops any possible increase for at least 1 year.

lollande lucked out.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

OT:  French 75% tax found unconstitutional Empty Re: OT: French 75% tax found unconstitutional

Post by OLpower 29/12/2012, 21:16

Ligue 1 can breath for one more year. Ayrault has said that he will try for next year, but the bad news are coming at a quick space for our governements.

They look completely amateurish, and there are chance that the council will deny them again on another ground.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

OT:  French 75% tax found unconstitutional Empty Re: OT: French 75% tax found unconstitutional

Post by julias 29/12/2012, 21:19

looool i don't know why you want to introduce such a stupid bracket anyway

Charging stupid amounts won't guarantee more tax receipts if people f off lol
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower 29/12/2012, 21:24

The reasonning is that it make Hollande looks like an anti riche people, to make him popular among his hardcore left political base. This new tax is supposed to only raise 500 millions, when it will cost several billon by damaging the image of the country and by pushing rich people to leave.

Hollande approval ratings are pummeling across all the country. Even the low class are tired of him and don't trust him anymore. He has the lowest popularity for any president in history after only 7 months.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy 29/12/2012, 21:34

Any chance he's forced to quit? I really can't stand him. What's worse, i can't believe that most of my countrymen actually believed the bs promises he threw around... made me downgrade my overall opinion of french people ffs.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower 29/12/2012, 21:37

sportsczy wrote:Any chance he's forced to quit? I really can't stand him. What's worse, i can't believe that most of my countrymen actually believed the bs promises he threw around... made me downgrade my overall opinion of french people ffs.

I don't see how he can be forced to quit. He will not resign, that's for sure, and not parlementary elections will happen before the next presidential election. He will see his five years mandate that will end in 2017 and will run for a second term.

I knew people were making a mistaje by electiong a clown like him. They did it because they disliked the blingbling Sarkozy and because Strauss Kahn raped that american maid. Stars got aligned to allow that clown into presidency.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by julias 29/12/2012, 21:45

OLpower wrote:The reasonning is that it make Hollande looks like an anti riche people, to make him popular among his hardcore left political base. This new tax is supposed to only raise 500 millions, when it will cost several billon by damaging the image of the country and by pushing rich people to leave.

Hollande approval ratings are pummeling across all the country. Even the low class are tired of him and don't trust him anymore. He has the lowest popularity for any president in history after only 7 months.

Oh I see, very stupid way to gain credibility or support. Blatantly distancing yourself from a part of the population is a dangerous way of moving, whats more he risks damaging the economy and hindering entrepreneurial drive and people looking to start up businesses and get rich.

Quite sad that such a clown is going to be President for the next 4 ish years.
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower 29/12/2012, 21:48

julias wrote:
OLpower wrote:The reasonning is that it make Hollande looks like an anti riche people, to make him popular among his hardcore left political base. This new tax is supposed to only raise 500 millions, when it will cost several billon by damaging the image of the country and by pushing rich people to leave.

Oh I see, very stupid way to gain credibility or support. Blatantly distancing yourself from a part of the population is a dangerous way of moving, whats more he risks damaging the economy and hindering entrepreneurial drive and people looking to start up businesses and get rich.

Quite sad that such a clown is going to be President for the next 4 ish years.

Earlier this year, he was forced to drop a tax, when small company creators revolted and called themselves " The pigeons", quickly make wawes in the media.

The unemployement rate continu to grow in the country, and has accelerated in the pas few months. Hollande is basically saying "wait for 2014". He is losing support very quickly.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat 30/12/2012, 11:17

why would this be unconstitutional though?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy 30/12/2012, 11:44

free_cat wrote:why would this be unconstitutional though?

You're discriminating against a segment of the people and targeting them. There's an "equality" clause in the french constitution. It doesn't involve just race and gender... it protects any group that cis a defined segment. They're drastically increasing taxes for a small segment without any precedent and not changing taxes for anyone else...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr 30/12/2012, 11:50

Meh, people would've put their money in Monaco anyway.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower 30/12/2012, 12:12

French who lives in Monaco pay French taxes.

The tax has been denied because it included virtual profit and because it was targeting individual regarless of the earnings of its wife/husband.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy 30/12/2012, 12:18

In any case, it was beyond stupid and thank god it's repealed. Unfortunately, there are many other aspects that are equally as moronic and they passed :facepalm:

A friend of mine who's family owned a restaurant for 45 years decided to pack up and open a restaurant in Montreal as a result. Small example... but that's the problem. It's not just losing an invidual's tax income. You lose their overall business, which has a lot more ripple effect.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower 30/12/2012, 12:22

The government was mad when Depardieu basically spit on their face.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 30/12/2012, 12:22

honestly if your rich enough to fall into this bracket then your rich enough to leave France too or at the very least pull a shifty so you cna live in France and pay tax in another country (im sure its possible)
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 30/12/2012, 12:26

fatman123 wrote:honestly if your rich enough to fall into this bracket then your rich enough to leave France too or at the very least pull a shifty so you cna live in France and pay tax in another country (im sure its possible)

There was a famous French actor (?) who did this, went to Belgium.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat 30/12/2012, 20:05

sportsczy wrote:
free_cat wrote:why would this be unconstitutional though?

You're discriminating against a segment of the people and targeting them. There's an "equality" clause in the french constitution. It doesn't involve just race and gender... it protects any group that cis a defined segment. They're drastically increasing taxes for a small segment without any precedent and not changing taxes for anyone else...

But it's the same now, the top earners pay at least 50%. Why 50%+ is ok and 75% isn't? I don't see the reason to be honest.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte 30/12/2012, 21:25

Common sense should say it already that a 75% tax rate is not a fair idea.

But then again, France need to do something about their finances. Like most European countries.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum