elitedam
Funkentelechy
Ganso
gondov
Catracho
14 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Official South American U-20 Championship Thread Empty The Official South American U-20 Championship Thread

Post by Catracho Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:07 am

Its that time again.. Where the stars of tomorrow from South America compete against each other to see who will represent CONMEBOL in next year's U-20 WC.

2011 saw the likes of Neymar, Lucas, Juan Iturbe, Diego Polenta, Andre Carrillo, and Hernan Perez.. and now its 2013's turn to carry on that same excitement that the 2011 tournament left with.

Squads: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_South_American_Youth_Championship_squads

Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

The Official South American U-20 Championship Thread Empty Re: The Official South American U-20 Championship Thread

Post by gondov Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:10 am

I wanna see Rafinha Alcantara light up the tournament bounce

Last edited by gondov on Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

The Official South American U-20 Championship Thread Empty Re: The Official South American U-20 Championship Thread

Post by Ganso Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:13 am

Catracho wrote:

2011 saw the likes of Neymar, Lucas, Juan Iturbe, Diego Polenta, Andre Carrillo, and Hernan Perez..

Those guy are nobodies now lol The only players that actually are becoming something are Neymar,Lucas,Oscar,Danilo,Fernando and Alex Sandro.I had a lot of expectations towards Iturbe and Casemiro,pretty disappointing.

I want to see if Rafinha is that good or just hype.

edit:wtf,Iturbe is playing again.Lanzini is in the Argentinian team too.So is Centurion who is getting a lot of hype
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkentelechy Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:20 am

I don't have high expectations for this, but I'm gonna watch it nonetheless.
Funkentelechy
Funkentelechy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Hamburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:49 am

high expectation for the rest of the teams? ya me neither, I think Brazil dominate again.

Adryan has been wishy washy so far at Flamengo when he's been givin senior minutes.

Bruno Mendes and Ademilson are really good strikers.. Doria is an exceptional centerback, Wallace is a real good rightback.. I think Misael might be a little bit hyped, and so is Douglas of Gremio just because of his performances in The GreNals.. I like Fred a lot though.. he was a player I was thoroughly impressed by when he started for Internacional, I even pointed him out on some boards. I also heard good things of Bebeto's son, Mattheus, but we'll see.

When this team makes the U-20 WC, Lights out.. Marquinhos, Fabinho, based Piazon.. this is gonna get uggo man.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:36 am

Catracho wrote:

When this team makes the U-20 WC, Lights out.. Marquinhos, Fabinho, based Piazon.. this is gonna get uggo man.

It's gonna depend on whether the players are released by their clubs or not. In the last U20 WC Neymar and Lucas didn't play because it took place during the Brasileirao. Doria (if he stays), Bruno Mendes and Jadson are starters for Botafogo so they might not be released.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:03 am

No,neymar and Lucas weren't released because they had to play copa america
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:56 am

You're right. I had forgotten about Copa America but it had already ended by the time the U20 WC started.

Even if there was no Copa America I don't think they would have been released for an junior level tournament.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:10 pm

Yea, but Santos had let Alex Sandro and Danilo go. Maybe they would've pardoned Neymar
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:31 am

Is there a link in which we can see the squads that wiki doesn't show?
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:19 am

tongue nico lopez
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:14 pm

info on groups and fixtures?

Rafinha to do great. He is been playing vs men 2 years and doing very well. Should destroy kids.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:26 pm

Andre Carrillo is not a nobody.

He has played quite often for Sporting this season.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:06 pm

free_cat wrote: info on groups and fixtures?

Rafinha to do great. He is been playing vs men 2 years and doing very well. Should destroy kids.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_South_American_Youth_Championship

go to the bottom.. Argentina kicks the tourney off on January 9th
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:55 am

Brazil Starting lineup vs Ecuador

Luiz Gustavo; Wallace, Luan (c), Doria e Mansur; Misael, Felipe Anderson, Mattheus; Adryan, Marcos Junior e Ademílson

Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:00 am

Argentina vs. Chile game underway right now on BeIn Sports Network

Chile up 1-0 on Argentina right now in Argentina. Chile player just handed his second yellow card.. 44' and Chile down a man.

Crowd looks hostile.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:04 am

Halftime: Argentina 0-1 Chile

Gol de Nico Castillo, Chile also down a man. Should make an exciting second half.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:19 am

Lanzini :facepalm: Iturbe is the only one playing well so far.Vitesse looks like Torres 2.0.I expect them to come back with Chile being one man down though
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:55 am

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

two men down.. Argentina.. PLZ tell me this isn't your next generation??
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:04 am

Was going to post right after the ft whistle, but internet was down.

Anyways, LOL!

While we looked crap with 11 men, and couldn't string four passes for shet, we were more potent than Argentina. With 10 we were fine, and then with 9 we were still fine...

Won in Mendoza with 9 men, vs an Argentina team with some pretty big names (Iturbe, Lanzini, Viette) and the ref.. :bow:

Never been so confident in a Chile team in regards to set piece defense Laughing

Salas :bow:

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:15 pm

Viette is the Second Coming of Fernando Torres.

Fernando Torres 2.0 Laughing
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:32 pm

Brazil game in 30!!
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:11 pm

Brazil started slowly, whoever is supposed to be the deepest midfielder isnt doing a good job coming to recieve the ball from the centerbacks.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:18 pm

The Franchise wrote:Brazil started slowly, whoever is supposed to be the deepest midfielder isnt doing a good job coming to recieve the ball from the centerbacks.

Misael. Who I'm not very fond of.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:31 pm

can't say we didn't see that coming.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next