Raptorgunner
RealGunner
REWB
Lex
Jay29
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Swansea 2 - 2 Arsenal: Defensive errors cost Arsenal again - Page 2 Empty Re: Swansea 2 - 2 Arsenal: Defensive errors cost Arsenal again

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:13 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:I was wondering have we won a game this season with Giroud starting?

Giroud is an embarrassment technically. :facepalm:

Yeah, that pass to set-up Gibbs' goal was an embarrassment to all technical players everywhere.

what did he do other than that? I know it was great pass, and Gibbs made a great run.

Giroud who is meant to be strong never hustles defenders. Walcott was awful today also he cant beat players, to space for him to run.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Swansea 2 - 2 Arsenal: Defensive errors cost Arsenal again - Page 2 Empty Re: Swansea 2 - 2 Arsenal: Defensive errors cost Arsenal again

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:19 pm

Swansea 2 - 2 Arsenal: Defensive errors cost Arsenal again - Page 2 1t94p4

We have some hard fixtures this month. Wenger got to make sure that he gets his targets till that Chelsea game at last.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:40 pm

^That doesn't include West Ham (h) on 23rd

AFC next 6 games: Man C (h) Swansea (h) Chelsea (a) West Ham (h) Brighton (a)* Liverpool (h) - *if through to round 4.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:43 pm

At least Swansea and Chelsea have their Capital One Cup semi-final to worry about, so we'll be in similar positions physically.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:49 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
We played against second team Swansea.
What would have happened if Swansea fielded their strongest line up?

Swansea made three changes to their usual line-up: Bartley in for Williams, Tarandelli for Rangel and Graham for Michu. That was in no way a second Swansea team.

Also, the inclusion of Ramsey almost had us out of the cup. When Podolski came on the difference was obvious.

Of course, we can't go without some Ramsey scapegoating. Ramsey was obviously at fault for both of our goals, and the fact that he's playing out of position is obviously not an excuse for his lack of influence in the game.

Rolling Eyes

When did Ramsey last have a good game for us? I sometimes think you argue just for the sake of it.

He's pony. Has been for ages. I'm not saying he can't make it back, he has talent.

No way does he deserve to be starting games for Arsenal at the moment. Absolutely no way.

furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:50 pm

Oh, and since someone asked, these are the games we've won with Giroud has started:

Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal
Montpellier 1 - 2 Arsenal (assist)
West Ham 1 - 3 Arsenal (goal and asssit)
Arsenal 1 - 0 QPR
Arsenal 5 - 2 Tottenham (goal)
Arsenal 2 - 0 Montpellier (two assists)
Arsenal 2 - 0 West Brom

Games we didn't win when Giroud has started:

Stoke 0 - 0 Arsenal
Norwich 1 - 0 Arsenal
Man United 2 - 1 Arsenal
Schalke 2 - 2 Arsenal (goal)
Arsenal 3 - 3 Fulham (two goals)
Villa 0 - 0 Arsenal
Everton 1 - 1 Arsenal

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:50 pm

I thought Ramsey did ok for us today, considering out of position again. And I'm one of his biggest haters.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:55 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:I thought Ramsey did ok for us today, considering out of position again. And I'm one of his biggest haters.

Did anyone actually spot the difference when Podolski came on. Was I dreaming or something? :brickwall:
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:55 pm

furiouswindbottom wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:
We played against second team Swansea.
What would have happened if Swansea fielded their strongest line up?

Swansea made three changes to their usual line-up: Bartley in for Williams, Tarandelli for Rangel and Graham for Michu. That was in no way a second Swansea team.

Also, the inclusion of Ramsey almost had us out of the cup. When Podolski came on the difference was obvious.

Of course, we can't go without some Ramsey scapegoating. Ramsey was obviously at fault for both of our goals, and the fact that he's playing out of position is obviously not an excuse for his lack of influence in the game.

Rolling Eyes

When did Ramsey last have a good game for us? I sometimes think you argue just for the sake of it.

He's pony. Has been for ages. I'm not saying he can't make it back, he has talent.

No way does he deserve to be starting games for Arsenal at the moment. Absolutely no way.

Ramsey was neither here nor there today. Had good and bad moments. That's why I found your statement about his inclusion being responsible for us almost being knocked out the cup to be lacking logic; was he responsible for the goals we conceded? Is it his fault he has to play on the left hand side? The answer to both is no.

You're just scapegoating him for the sake of scapegoating.

Did anyone actually spot the difference when Podolski came on. Was I dreaming or something?

The only difference was that Podolski is more a goal threat than Ramsey. Ramsey had a decent game, but we need more goal threat on the pitch when Swansea were struggling, so he was subbed for Podolski.

Why should we used this as an example of how bad Ramsey is playing out of position?

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Swansea's first-choice XI: Vorm; Rangel Williams Chico Taylor; Britton De Guzman; Routledge Michu Pablo; Graham

Their XI today: Vorm; Tiendalli Chico Bartley Davies; Britton Ki; Dyer De Guzman Routledge; Graham

So their XI today was 5 from it's actual best XI were everyone in their squad fit. Could argue it's almost 2nd string I suppose..
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:03 pm

Swansea's first choice is eleven is more like:

Vorm; Rangel, Williams, Chico, Davies; Britton, Ki, De Guzman; Dyer, Pablo, Michu

Taylor's been injured since the start of the season, Graham has been on the fringes since Michu's form has been better and Routledge has been playing since Pablo has been injured and he's in good form.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:04 pm

The problem with Arsenal is that whenever we are losing it is then we start to play well and have that urgency to move ball quicker. Its all about Arsenal's mentalitly. We have some very good players but they dont seems to play well for some reason.

Mertesacker and Ramsey were the players that didnt do well today. Ramsey's form is nothing new and he had some decent moments though but had hard time against Tendalli. Mertesacker on the other hand has been in very good form for Arsenal this season but his performance today has to be his worst performance of the season. He was easily beaten by Graham and also Michu for the first goal.

Player that played well today has to be Wilshere, Koscielny, Podolski and Giroud.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:31 pm

My XI was "if everyone was fit", but Swansea rotate quite a lot anyway. I don't think they have a definite XI.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:35 pm

You're just scapegoating him for the sake of scapegoating.

Don't tell me what I am or am not doing.

He was poor. Yes, possibly out of position and we did instantly look better when he went off. It's a fact.

After a year of poor form it gets on my nerves that he keeps getting picked. He needs to be loaned out or benched and allowed on when we are 3-0 up with 20 minutes left, hopefully to get his confidence back.

I think playing him is making it worse, for the team and for himself.
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:54 pm

How was he poor ? He had an ok game but Theo was worse than him... He was by no means the flop of the match. The reason we looked good when he went off was because Podolski is a Proper Left Winger and a genuine goal threat.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:57 pm

It's fair enough to say to he needs to be loaned and shouldn't really play at the moment - I'm not disputing that at all - but by no means was he responsible for us almost being knocked out of the cup, as you originally stated. It's just an illogical statement to make when he was out of position and he wasn't responsible for any of the goals we conceded. The fact you pointed him out straight away as someone responsible for the result seems like scapegoatting to me.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:10 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:It's fair enough to say to he needs to be loaned and shouldn't really play at the moment - I'm not disputing that at all - but by no means was he responsible for us almost being knocked out of the cup, as you originally stated. It's just an illogical statement to make when he was out of position and he wasn't responsible for any of the goals we conceded. The fact you pointed him out straight away as someone responsible for the result seems like scapegoatting to me.

Fair enough. My point was that we were losing and not looking like scoring until Wenger changed it.

I'm not scapegoating (trust me). The fact he came off is why we are still in the cup. There were other poor performances too. The two centre backs had bad second halves. Walcott, maybe, perhaps ignored Wenger's instructions and was leaving us open on the right at times as he wanted to play in the middle. Perhaps he was told to drift along the line, but I'm sure Wenger meant when we had the ball!

I still maintain that the introduction of Podolski changed the game.

For the record, I rate Ramsey. He's been unlucky with injuries but it's his form that is worrying. Anyone can have a few bad games. Sagna is not playing too well right now but I won't be moaning about it too much.

But when a guy has been playing badly for over a year...

I think a loan to QPR will be good for him. In a battle every single week and without the pressure he is under at a big club (no disrespect to QPR meant) to succeed...I can see it being a good move for him.

After a few months of constant battles, he may return with a stronger mentality. As I believe, it's all in his head.
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:13 pm

Giroud blew some chances but it was encouraging to see the team finally supply him right. Sublime assist to Gibbs.

Ramsey was good but of course that goes unnoticed and actually he gets scapegoated. Rolling Eyes
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:32 pm

Ramsey was good

Is this a wind up?
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:41 pm

there was no way ramsey was good, he was average at best. there is a reason why everyone attacks ramsey, it is because he is consistently playing average or bad, which is not good enough. i heard rg mention walcott, but the thing is atleast walcott offers offers a threat. ramsey doesn't offer anything atm and we have better options than him on the bench. he needs to go on loan.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:11 pm

REWB wrote:there was no way ramsey was good, he was average at best. there is a reason why everyone attacks ramsey, it is because he is consistently playing average or bad, which is not good enough. i heard rg mention walcott, but the thing is atleast walcott offers offers a threat. ramsey doesn't offer anything atm and we have better options than him on the bench. he needs to go on loan.

+10

I think that's the point (he's either average or bad). When Theo gets it he does try to make things happen. He runs at defenders. I actually feel as though something good could happen. When Ramsey gets it, I'm just hoping he doesn't lose it.

I do agree with others though, that he should only play in CM or not at all.

But for me...a loan move would be the best thing for everyone.
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:20 pm

Wilshere was worse than Ramsey at times today to be honest.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:23 pm

Compare to other players I though Ramsey did better, but no way he should be starting. Starting now I will not blame the players it Wenger's fault for playing them. We all can see it, but somehow the man who is the highest paid cant see shit these days.

Walcott did nothing.
Cazorla should be benched for few games.
Giroud I just dont think he has it, french league a fraud.
Mert, is too slow and need more game time.

Wenger keeps playing Ramsey out of position, what happens when we face Bayren? we would get raped.

Arsenal is slowly dieing, 2/3 years ago we would have raped all these small teams with our youth team.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Benry Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:13 pm

Being held by Swansea, extremely depressing, when you consider the disparity between the two clubs financially.

In terms of the players, Swansea are technically equal if not better than Arsenal, which makes me think what on earth do they do at training. Gibbs goal was sublime, but as a team we do not do that enough. On too many occasions Arsenal lack courage with the ball.

Oh football this year in terms of quality and style has been the poorest in AW's reign.

Defending in open play has improved but our set peice's both attacking and defending has dropped. Getting the second ball is a major issue for this Arsenal side.
Benry
Benry
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:04 pm

Personally I didn't expect us to go to Swansea and win after the way they have been playing this season.

Our defence lacks concentration not sure why but they just make so many mistakes when it matters most.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2