Juventus underachieved with Capello - Conte launches attack on former trainer

2 posters

Go down

Juventus underachieved with Capello - Conte launches attack on former trainer Empty Juventus underachieved with Capello - Conte launches attack on former trainer

Post by DeviAngel Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:09 pm

Antonio Conte has hit out at Fabio Capello, suggesting that Juventus should have achieved much more in the Champions League under his tenure.

The Old Lady sit at the top of Serie A and set a new record in December for points accumulated in a calendar year, with 94 gained in 2012 - eclipsing their previous record of 93 set under Capello in 2005.

However, the former England boss appeared somewhat reluctant to congratulate his former side and was quoted by Corriere dello Sport as suggesting Italian football was now significantly weaker than when he was in charge of the club.

"In my time the competition was of a higher level," the 66-year-old Italian stated.

"Opponents of great quality have disappeared."

Conte reacted by criticising Capello over his record in Europe, suggesting that he should have brought more success to the club considering the calibre of players at his disposal.

"I would say that he [Capello] has really done very little in the Champions League," the 43-year-old Italian commented in reference to the fact that Capello's side managed only two quarter-final appearances.

"Juve in those two years [2004-2005 and 2005-2006] were stratospheric in terms of quality. In fact, I'd say they were stronger than ever: eight players participated in the 2006 World Cup final, there were two Ballon d'Or winners [Pavel Nedved, who won the award in 2003, and Fabio Cannavaro in 2006] and we had Alessandro Del Piero and Adrian Mutu just on the bench.

"It's the proof that in addition to great players it takes organisation of the game, it takes a certain mentality to match the stage," he concluded.

Juventus go into the second half of the season top of the table with 44 points from their first 18 games.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Juventus underachieved with Capello - Conte launches attack on former trainer Empty Re: Juventus underachieved with Capello - Conte launches attack on former trainer

Post by zarola Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:52 pm

he sounds mad and crazy,but I'd agree with his words.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Juventus underachieved with Capello - Conte launches attack on former trainer Empty Re: Juventus underachieved with Capello - Conte launches attack on former trainer

Post by DeviAngel Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:05 pm

zarola wrote:he sounds mad and crazy,but I'd agree with his words.

Capello on 3-4 occasions provoked him while he was banned so ...
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum