Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol?

+14
worms
tonykross
eelir
billy_gr
BarcaKizz
windkick
Donuts
CBarca
The Sanchez
gondov
RealGunner
The Franchise
Great Leader Sprucenuce
free_cat
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rate Pedro's game.

Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol? Vote_lcap16%Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol? Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]
Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol? Vote_lcap16%Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol? Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]
Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol? Vote_lcap58%Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol? Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 11 ]
Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol? Vote_lcap0%Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol? Vote_lcap10%Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 19

Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol? Empty Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol?

Post by free_cat Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:24 pm

I want to make a point, but first gather your opinions.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol? Empty Re: Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:42 pm

Yes, he's been shite all season though.

It's good if he can back on form but i'm not holding my breath.

he's been out of form for going on 2 years.

For Barca's sake he needs to perform consistently, As Tito doesn't trust anyone else.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol? Empty Re: Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol?

Post by The Franchise Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:46 pm

I would say 8 maybe.

First goal was kinda lucky, but his goal none the less.

Very good second.

Other than that, didnt do much with the ball. Impact alone, Ill go for 8 especially as it was two early goals when the game was still on the line.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:47 pm

8 for me too, Should have had a hattrick but denied by the linesman
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:55 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yes, he's been shite all season though.

It's good if he can back on form but i'm not holding my breath.

he's been out of form for going on 2 years.

For Barca's sake he needs to perform consistently, As Tito doesn't trust anyone else.

Pedro hasn't been "shite" all season.

He hasn't been getting goals but has definately been involved in creating a lot of goals this season.

Pedro is a big game player anyway. I wouldn't expect him to waste good chances in big game like el classico or CL final.

His workrate and all round play is a bit underrated at times. Someone has to do the dirty work upfront.

He got the goals today but overall it was his usual performance this season.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:08 pm

That was exactly the point I was going to make gondov.

Pedro played well today and on top of that scored 2 goals. But today's game was his usual performance this season: giving a lot in terms of link up, off the ball runs, workrate passing etc. but today he was fortunate to finish every chance he had, other days he might miss. Of course, missing a chance means playing worse, however as gondov said he has been creating and assisting a lot which compensates.

Imo Pedro's season not only is not shite, but good. I would rate his season so far with a 7. In my view, he is crucial in his role of receiving many balls between lines and linking up, something only messi does better of our forwards.

As of shite games, he only had a couple of ones a month or so ago. apart from that he has played like today almost every week.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:12 pm

People are calling him crap simply because he hasn't been great in front of goal... Work rate on and off the ball has been tremendous.
Today he was always making runs and looked very dangerous at times. Should have got a hat trick though Spanish officials as usual denied him that opportunity...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:41 pm

I agree today was his normal with 2 goals on top. However, we really do need his goals in my opinion.

Especially since we are playing Cesc and Iniesta together so much more recently.

I dont think he has been totally bad, but I dont think he has been very good either.

I expect more honestly (overall not today), despite some of the good things he has done despite not scoring goals.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:46 pm

I agree, he can play better.
But he is playing good enough and far, far, from shite as suggested by many.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:33 am

Again, if you want his performances without goals, we might as well play Cuenca, who performs that role better.

But we need the goals from Pedro. That's why today is better, but that's why his season still hasn't been good. We can have that general play any day, we need goals on top of that though if you're a starting winger at Barca. Pedro as much as I love him hasn't been doing that.

Good job today though. Great finish for the second- Messi like really.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:37 am

our season has past good, it's been amazing we only want Pedro to get inform "just incase" and that's about it.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:48 am

I like Pedro, Alexis is the one I don't like in our system.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:43 am

My MOM, though I maybe biased because I was just over the moon to see him doing well.

Pedro has been fine this season. Only thing is, it would be nice if he had 7-10 goals by now instead of 3. Lets hope he goes on a hot streak now.

I thought he started the season very lively. His contributions have generally been good and thats why the coach keeps picking him.

After a while, and just before the NY it seemed the goal draught was getting to him and he was down on confidence. Before that, contrary to popular opinion, his finishing wasn't that bad, he was simply having very few chances to score (tactical change). Recently though, he was getting more and then missing them. Maybe in the 4 games before this he wasn't very good at all.

However, tonight he was superb, everything he did looked good. Great outlet, good passing, and dangerous runs. Maybe had a bit of luck with that first goal, but then he had no luck with the offsides. Deserved a hattrick.

Messi was excellent as usual, but not far and away best as he often is. Almost every player was pretty damn good really. Even Valdes made his trademark 'the messiah coming down from the heavens to save us in a 1v1 situation' save Very Happy.

Espanyol sucked though. Sergio Garcia and Verdu only ones who showed heart.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:27 am

He’s not having a shite season.
By any means. Although it gets more and more painful to see only Messi scoring from our 3 fws.
I applaud Pedro’s contribution overall, but we need goals from other sources too.
That’s why I want Villa in. I hope he keeps it up
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:34 am

CBarca wrote:We can have that general play any day, we need goals on top of that though if you're a starting winger at Barca.

That's where you are wrong because our other forwards are unable to have Pedro's general play. Tello, Alexis or Villa are less involved in buildup and link up and work worse between line.

Cuenca MIGHT do better than Pedro at that role, but don't forgetc Cuenca is slower and have much less workrate than Pedro, which is also important for stretching the defense and pressing.
Anyway, that's not even something to be considered as Cuenca is not even ready yet.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:40 am

I rated Pedro about 7.5 without the goals, with goals (including the one that was wrongfully called offside) i rate his game 9. Pedro so far had everything but the goals. So i can't say he was too bad, but we need our wide players to score!
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tonykross Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:05 am

One player in our cantera who reminds me of Pedro is Ebwelle,relentless in defence and a tremendous workrate.

tonykross
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:30 am

Unless Villa replaces Sanchez we need Pedro to start scoring some goals,if we just rely on Messi to score again like last season all it takes is one bad performance by Messi or the opposition concentrating just on stopping Messi and we could get knocked out of the CL.I know Xavi is scoring a few goals now but we need one of our wide forwards to chip in with some goals too.And deep down we all know Sanchez isn't going to start scoring on a regular basis.So it has to be Pedro or Villa...

This is why I really want us to keep Villa,even if he is a sub,if we need a goal against Bayern/Juve/Madrid in the CL who would you rather bring on....Villa or Cuenca? Villa or Tello? Villa is still lethal in front of goal,as you seen against Sevilla he only needs one chance most of the time.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:49 am

Cuenca is maybe better at dribbling and crossing/final pass. Pretty much everything else Pedro is better at so I don't see why Cuenca would be an auto upgrade without goals.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:43 pm

Still having the worst season of his life.

Been shite the majority of the past 2 years (no, I don't care about his 10 assists) and a single decent goal in a rout doesn't change that. This guy should have been benched months ago.

I used to think the old Pedro would be back sometime, that he would start to bang the goals in again and start playing like his old self. I don't think he is capable of this anymore.

Imagine if Messi got injured and we had to depend on Pedro for goalscoring? Thankfully we don't, and I don't rate his general play over other of our forwards, aside from maybe Alexis, which I'm not sure of, since Alexis is more effective. I agree with CBarca's analysis. Give me any other of our forwards over Pedro. Hell I'll even take Iniesta on the wing over Pedro.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:20 pm

Sorry, you are very wrong. Worst season of his life was last season, he is playing way better.
Not worth reading you post, dunnow why so biased against him.

Alexis more effective... lol.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:26 pm

free_cat wrote:Sorry, you are very wrong. Worst season of his life was last season, he is playing way better.
Not worth reading you post, dunnow why so biased against him.

Alexis more effective... lol.
With the time he gets on the field, I am more satisified with Alexis' contribution than Pedro, who probably has as many minutes as Messi at this point.

I've simply had enough disappointing performances from Pedro who should be getting better and not worse. I hope he proves me wrong but he won't.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:31 pm

Yeah ok dude, haha.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:42 pm

Last season was the worst Pedro season, not this season in my opinion.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:56 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:Cuenca is maybe better at dribbling and crossing/final pass. Pretty much everything else Pedro is better at so I don't see why Cuenca would be an auto upgrade without goals.

Better at staying wide as well. I can see where you're right, but what has Pedro mostly been doing this season? The majority of the time he's been out wide dribbling and trying to make the final pass (which is why he has more assists this season). Occasionally he makes a run inside and gets a shot off, but that's been much more rare this season than in seasons past.

I'm serious when I say you put Cuenca in at RW and he could do just as well as Pedro has this season minus the goals, and Pedro doesn't have that many of those anyway.

Still, I agree last season was Pedro's worst. I think he's done OK this season. Still not the vintage Pedro we know and love.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next