Adebayor flies out to Ghana for pre-ACN training

4 posters

Go down

Adebayor flies out to Ghana for pre-ACN training Empty Adebayor flies out to Ghana for pre-ACN training

Post by CBarca Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:10 am

Tottenham Striker Adebayor in ACN U-turn

Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor has flown out to Ghana to meet up with Togo's national squad ahead of the Africa Cup of Nations later this month.

The move represents a U-turn for the Spurs forward after threatening not to play for his country amid a row over team security and unpaid bonuses.

Mananger Didier Six spoke out in December to try and change Adebayor’s mind, adding that that his involvement in the tournament is vital to Togo’s ambitions.

"Of course we're in the African Nations Cup with Adebayor, we will be together in South Africa," Ameyi Gabriel, the president of the Togo Football Federation told Radio Algeria International.

"It is very important to have him there because he is our player and captain of the team."

Adebayor could miss up to four matches for Tottenham if Les Eperviers progress to the final of the competition – leaving Jermain Defoe as Andre Villas-Boas' only recognised first-team striker.

Togo have been grouped with Ivory Coast, Tunisia and Algeria in Group D.

We're back to the beginning of the season :facepalm:

Defoe for how great he was early on might not replicate his form. Thankfully we got Dempsey now who is starting to score, and Bale is chipping in with the goals as well. But we are NOT a good enough team to nick a goal 1-0 and hold on, due to our leaky defense, and our record with conceding goals in the last 10 minutes. Now that this has happened, and I hoped it wouldn't, I think signing Damiao is our number one priority this January and I think we should go for the Holtby deal as well. The Holtby deal was always my choice anyway- so my point is more that we need to get a striker this January or we may be in trouble.

We don't have 3rd/4th on a lock right now and despite our good form, we need to be able to rely on more than just the streaky Defoe on goals; of whom still misses too many good chances for my liking.

If we don't get Damiao or a recognized striker in other than Defoe, we could be in big trouble. We would have to pray that Dempsey and Bale can chip in with enough goals to get us past some good sides, and hope that our defense improves- which it very well might with Benny back- but it's yet to be seen how good he is coming back from injury.

This is ignoring the obvious, disastrous trouble if Defoe got injured. Then we're playing Dempsey as a CF :facepalm:

He's a good player, but he's no CF.

Levy, please, please sign a striker.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Adebayor flies out to Ghana for pre-ACN training Empty Re: Adebayor flies out to Ghana for pre-ACN training

Post by buddytaller Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:56 am

I never for once doubted Adebayor would make a U-turn, playing for Togo means a lot to him, luckily for Tottenham, Togo would most likely be out after the first round, he'll be back before the month ends. They were drawn against La Cote D'Ivoire, Algeria and Tunisia.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Adebayor flies out to Ghana for pre-ACN training Empty Re: Adebayor flies out to Ghana for pre-ACN training

Post by The Sanchez Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:49 am

Please come Damiao :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:58 am

Best case scenario: he goes out first round and is back a day or two after January 30th (Togo's last match) he's still missing 3 fixtures against QPR, Man U, and Norwich. You then also have to question if he'll be fit and ready to start vs WBA a couple days after Norwich, and just a day or two after he'll be back most likely.

Mind you those are all EPL fixtures as well, and none of them are 'easy' per se.

Despite Ade's bad form (just being honest), he's still useful to have, and I'm not sure if we can rely on just Defoe.

This is the type of situation where I can see us throwing away some valuable points and going back to chasing the #4 spot yet again ffs

We're going to pursue Damiao anyway- please Levy just try and get him now.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:58 am

Am I overreacting here?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by nh01 Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:16 am

CBarca wrote:Am I overreacting here?

Yes. Wink

If levy doesnt sign another striker/forward of some sorts Fatman123 will never come to this forum ever again.

nh01
nh01
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down