pdolson
M99
Lord Awesome
BiasedMilanFan3
archwooohh
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

History might be made in a while - Page 2 Empty Re: History might be made in a while

Post by M99 Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:56 pm

Khaledbarca wrote:
milanista99 wrote:0-0 in the 2nd leg we are through cheers

Oh yeah bring on Lebanon Twisted Evil

haha we are going to have some fun in this match:D haha Twisted Evil

Lebanon vs Bangladesh

On 23 & 28 July!?!

Vamos Lebanon Very Happy

Bangladesh Football NT sucks like @$$ though, think you'll win pale

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

History might be made in a while - Page 2 Empty Re: History might be made in a while

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:05 pm

Guiltybystander wrote:
milanista99 wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
milanista99 wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:Has any South(-East)-Asian country ever qualified for the World Cup?

India at 1950 but they didn't show up.

Hahahaha.

Bizzare. You would think, with at leat 1/6th of the world population combined...

I blame cricket.

Yet, they don't dominate in that either :p

We just won the world cup and are the best team in test cricket.So we may not be dominant but certainly we aren't underachieving.Neither can u say that about Srilanka.

The only team that is under achieving is Pakistan that is because of thier pathetic board.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:55 pm

milanista99 wrote:
Khaledbarca wrote:
milanista99 wrote:0-0 in the 2nd leg we are through cheers

Oh yeah bring on Lebanon Twisted Evil

haha we are going to have some fun in this match:D haha Twisted Evil

Lebanon vs Bangladesh

On 23 & 28 July!?!

Vamos Lebanon Very Happy

Bangladesh Football NT sucks like @$$ though, think you'll win pale

Our Football is not any better...

we playeda friendly 3 days ago & lost 6-0 against Kuwait @ Home!!

before this friendly we didn't play a single match "first team" for more than 1year :O:O NOt even a single training :S Our Football federations SUCKS Big Time!! :S:S
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:13 pm

@milanista99, where are you from! You seem updated on Bangladesh football, which is VERY rare for such forums.

BTW, these are Olympic qualification results, not WC, as one mentioned.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:17 pm

iftikhar wrote:@milanista99, where are you from! You seem updated on Bangladesh football, which is VERY rare for such forums.

Ami Bagaldesh theke Smile
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:18 pm

I leaved in England for almost my whole life though.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:00 pm

Guiltybystander wrote:
milanista99 wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
milanista99 wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:Has any South(-East)-Asian country ever qualified for the World Cup?

Hahahaha.

Bizzare. You would think, with at leat 1/6th of the world population combined...

I blame cricket.

i think u shud stop making ignorant statements if u are not aware of the facts..i dont want to bring cricket in here but i just want to inform u that we just won the cricket wc and we are no.1 in test cricket... i know this is completely off-topic but the thing is ,if u dont know the facts i think its better off if u dont run your mouth unecessarily..

and i dont think cricket should be blamed for our stagnation in football..fair enough that there is no proper infrastructure in place and apparently we dont even have a recognized league,but i actually think that the decline of football was down to our success in other sports..i think india winning the cricket world cup in 1983 provided the impetus for what the sport is in the country is today..much blame could be pointed towards the media also..

i think football can grow in india if its backed by success on the pitch..we've had a few corporate companies who have invested in football ,though its a long-term project we have to see where it goes..i think football can take the example of badminton in our country..we've had a lot of success in badminton in recent years..even though adequate infrastructure is restricted to a couple of areas in the country ,we've had our fair share of success..at the end of the day ,success on the pitch is what matters the most..we are going to end up in the middle of nowhere if the blame game continues to happen.. its time to wake up and make amends..

Last edited by Surag.Blueguy on Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:55 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
milanista99 wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
milanista99 wrote:

Hahahaha.

I blame cricket.

i think i shud stop making ignorant statements if u are not aware of the facts..i dont want to bring cricket in here but i just want to inform u that we just won the cricket wc and we are no.1 in test cricket... i know this is completely off-topic but the thing is ,if u dont know the facts i think its better off if u dont run your mouth unecessarily..

and i dont think cricket should be blamed for our stagnation in football..fair enough that there is no proper infrastructure in place and apparently we dont even have a recognized league,but i actually think that the decline of football was down to our success in other sports..i think india winning the cricket world cup in 1983 provided the impetus for what the sport is in the country is today..much blame could be pointed towards the media also..

i think football can grow in india if its backed by success on the pitch..we've had a few corporate companies who have invested in football ,though its a long-term project we have to see where it goes..i think football can take the example of badminton in our country..we've had a lot of success in badminton in recent years..even though adequate infrastructure is restricted to a couple of areas in the country ,we've had our fair share of success..at the end of the day ,success on the pitch is what matters the most..we are going to end up in the middle of nowhere if the blame game continues to happen.. its time to wake up and make
amends..

THATS WHY we are having ipl style football league next year according to india today magazine anyway and even tevez wants to come play here.. madrid and barca want la liga timings to be early to access the indian audience.. football sure is growing.. and we got eliminted against qatar in the olympic qualifications not the wc qualifiers..lol
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:38 pm

milanista99 wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
milanista99 wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
milanista99 wrote:

Hahahaha.

I blame cricket.

India just won a World Cup. Sri Lanka won a World Cup, so did Pakistan and India won twice History might be made in a while - Page 2 2859867778

The world cup final is a questionable game tbh... Suspect
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:37 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
milanista99 wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
milanista99 wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
milanista99 wrote:

Hahahaha.

I blame cricket.

India just won a World Cup. Sri Lanka won a World Cup, so did Pakistan and India won twice History might be made in a while - Page 2 2859867778

The world cup final is a questionable game tbh... Suspect

Here comes pathetic excuses.Whats your excuse for getting thrashed everytime srilanka visit India?

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:01 am

Well... its not India's fault entirely.They have proven a number of times around that they are capable of defeating us in India. Its the corrupt officials of Sri Lanka. There are lots of facts, i'll just outline them and do not expect me to come and defend my points cos I'm trying to forget a world cup which brought tears to my eyes.

Most of all its the political issues. With SL needing India to help them on the world wide stage. Sanga's retirement and his facial expressions on the final. His interview at the end of the WC. His recent speech at England in which he said,

http://www.espncricinfo.com/srilanka/content/current/story/521971.html

In an extraordinary address at the MCC Spirit of Cricket Lecture at Lord's, Kumar Sangakkara has launched a scathing attack on the "partisan cronies" at Sri Lanka Cricket who blight the sport in his country, and who led him to resign the captaincy after only two years in charge, in the wake of the World Cup final in April.

Nevertheless... I respect the fact that India has won it.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:38 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:Well... its not India's fault entirely.They have proven a number of times around that they are capable of defeating us in India. Its the corrupt officials of Sri Lanka. There are lots of facts, i'll just outline them and do not expect me to come and defend my points cos I'm trying to forget a world cup which brought tears to my eyes.

Most of all its the political issues. With SL needing India to help them on the world wide stage. Sanga's retirement and his facial expressions on the final. His interview at the end of the WC. His recent speech at England in which he said,

In an extraordinary address at the MCC Spirit of Cricket Lecture at Lord's, Kumar Sangakkara has launched a scathing attack on the "partisan cronies" at Sri Lanka Cricket who blight the sport in his country, and who led him to resign the captaincy after only two years in charge, in the wake of the World Cup final in April.

From what i read the speech has to do with the political interference in selecting players and how board is run.Like selecting often selecting Jayasurya due to political pressure and the financial mismanagement.Sangakara even said he decided to resign from captaincy even months before World cup not sure what it has to do with the world cup final .Unless u are accusing the likes of Sangakara and Murali as corrupt which i very much doubt.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:56 am

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
milanista99 wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
milanista99 wrote:

Hahahaha.

I blame cricket.

i think u shud stop making ignorant statements if u are not aware of the facts..i dont want to bring cricket in here but i just want to inform u that we just won the cricket wc and we are no.1 in test cricket... i know this is completely off-topic but the thing is ,if u dont know the facts i think its better off if u dont run your mouth unecessarily..

i think football can grow in india if its backed by success on the pitch..we've had a few corporate companies who have invested in football ,though its a long-term project we have to see where it goes..i think football can take the example of badminton in our country..we've had a lot of success in badminton in recent years..even though adequate infrastructure is restricted to a couple of areas in the country ,we've had our fair share of success..at the end of the day ,success on the pitch is what matters the most..we are going to end up in the middle of nowhere if the blame game continues to happen.. its time to wake up and make amends..

Okay, I must agree that I am not actually the world's biggest cricket expert, but I have enough friends from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh - all big cricket fans, to be indoctrinated by their theories about the sport. Of course, India etc. perform well in cricket tournaments, but other commonwealth countries like England, Australia, South Africa etc. are pretty good too, and in those countries cricket is far from being the biggest sport. I find it strange that countries where a sport is so massive and many millions play it do not dominate completely above countries like England (which again is bad enough to lose from the Netherlands, which has barely enough cricket players to form a team --> I knew a guy in it).

In general, I was wondering why South-Asian countries perform so badly in sports tournaments. They have bizarrely low medal-counts on the Olympics too (Bangladesh has 0, just like Nepal; Sri Lanka and India 2 and 20 respectively (while participating in 30). Is there no emphasis on sports at all? It can't just be underdevelopment of large parts of the country, because a country like China is very successful?
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:30 pm

Guiltybystander wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
milanista99 wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
milanista99 wrote:

Hahahaha.

I blame cricket.

Okay, I must agree that I am not actually the world's biggest cricket expert, but I have enough friends from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh - all big cricket fans, to be indoctrinated by their theories about the sport. Of course, India etc. perform well in cricket tournaments, but other commonwealth countries like England, Australia, South Africa etc. are pretty good too, and in those countries cricket is far from being the biggest sport. I find it strange that countries where a sport is so massive and many millions play it do not dominate completely above countries like England (which again is bad enough to lose from the Netherlands, which has barely enough cricket players to form a team --> I knew a guy in it).

In general, I was wondering why South-Asian countries perform so badly in sports tournaments. They have bizarrely low medal-counts on the Olympics too (Bangladesh has 0, just like Nepal; Sri Lanka and India 2 and 20 respectively (while participating in 30). Is there no emphasis on sports at all? It can't just be underdevelopment of large parts of the country, because a country like China is very successful?

I'll answer for Sri Lanka... we have been in a civil war with the most deadliest terrorists for more than 25 years and therefore the country has had to stop its development and infact its been backwards eversince the bloody war started. I don't know if you would be surprised or not but we built the first highway in our country this year... the first in all of its history. This should have been done in the 70's. Our country was without money, without proper stable politicians, people feared to go out.

But now after the civil war the development is rapid and intense. Our lads are doing a bit better in the sports fields as well. We were promoted to the A Division in the Asian Rugby. We got demoted this time again lol tahts another thing. We dont perform at football simply because not many Sri Lankans are interested in football. Its cricket, rugby...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:35 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:Well... its not India's fault entirely.They have proven a number of times around that they are capable of defeating us in India. Its the corrupt officials of Sri Lanka. There are lots of facts, i'll just outline them and do not expect me to come and defend my points cos I'm trying to forget a world cup which brought tears to my eyes.

From what i read the speech has to do with the political interference in selecting players and how board is run.Like selecting often selecting Jayasurya due to political pressure and the financial mismanagement.Sangakara even said he decided to resign from captaincy even months before World cup not sure what it has to do with the world cup final .Unless u are accusing the likes of Sangakara and Murali as corrupt which i very much doubt.

Its all complicated man, but yeah.. in the end.. we were well beaten. I dont want to start an argument. I dont have enough facts to defend myself, cos politics is politics... there are lots that we dont know about. And im fed up with politics.. its shit down here. I loved this party during the war cos thats one thing that they did properly. Now its back to corruption.. its shit man its just pure plain shit! lets not talk about this eh?
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:48 pm

milanista99 wrote:
iftikhar wrote:@milanista99, where are you from! You seem updated on Bangladesh football, which is VERY rare for such forums.

Ami Bagaldesh theke Smile

YAAAAHOOOO. That's three of us in this forum. Bangladesh rocks.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:51 pm

I got the wrong forum... can someone redirect me to the football one please? :geek:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:08 pm

ynwa wrote:I got the wrong forum... can someone redirect me to the football one please? :geek:

On their defence, they might argue that they actually started with football. Then, oh well :-)
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:13 pm

Guiltybystander wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
milanista99 wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
milanista99 wrote:

Hahahaha.

I blame cricket.

there is no question about talent in india..and neither there are questions about interest levels in a particular sport..but u have to understand that there is no sporting culture in the country..people in india
only care about being secure in life and apparently sports isnt run professionally in india..which is why u see ppl revert to 'safer' career options because a career in sports is considered a risk in india..

and corruption is rampant in india..the recently built games village in new delhi which hosted the commonwealth games last year (and it was a success one would say) ..some of the arenas in the games village are used for political agendas which is ridiculous to be honest..and i have to say for a population of 1.2 billion there arent adequate facilities in india for it to really excel as a sporting nation..

I find it strange that countries where a sport is so massive and many millions play it do not dominate completely above countries like England

sorry sir but this is just another ignorant statement..i can probably say that india is entering into the era of dominance having just secured the world cup..and we are so successful in cricket nowadays because of obviously the financial power,a proper system in place and the adequate facilities even though there is a hell lot of competition..

i think u'll take back ur statement in a few years time..i assure u that..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum