Le Samourai
RealGunner
worms
7 posters

Go down

Léo Baptistão Empty Léo Baptistão

Post by worms Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:31 am

http://www.soccernews.com/atletico-agree-summer-deal-for-leo-baptistao/111249/

He is set to join Athletico at the end of the season,from the little I have seen from he looks very good.Brilliant considering he's only 20 years old and that this is his debut season in professional football.He has scored 6 goals in 16 games for Ray Valllecano and they are really good goals.One of them was a thunderbolt from 30 yards.

Looks like he will be a perfect fit for Athletico.He's direct and fast but skillful with nice technique.Good crossing and passing and nice shooting technique.Reminds me a bit of Adrian,maybe they will him for £15 million,buy Baptistao for the reported £4 million and they will make a nice profit without weakening.

On wiki it says he got spotted by scouts playing futsal:

Dem skills :bow: Future Brazil striker in the making?
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Léo Baptistão Empty Re: Léo Baptistão

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:47 am

Has been getting some great reviews. Spain trying to make him play for them instead of Brazil lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:03 pm

RealGunner wrote:Has been getting some great reviews. Spain trying to make him play for them instead of Brazil lol

He should...I genuinely think he could be a starter for us while more well marketed names will always be considered ahead of him for Brazil.

He's a great player - hard but inspiringly selfless runner, will make scoring runs , auxillary runs anything that suits the play. He's relatively skilled though in my opinion that isn't really his strong point. He has a football brain , positional and situational awareness and technique to render those assets effective.

If I had to make a comparison it would be Tomas Mueller.

I hope this deal doesn't go through. To me it isn't even good for Atletico- they have Adrian already and should be adverse Torres or Ninguez who are both remarkably talented.

Hopefully *praying* Malaga can find a way to pay his release clause in the summer.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:12 pm

RealGunner wrote:Has been getting some great reviews. Spain trying to make him play for them instead of Brazil lol

I am not a fan of this sort of thing,I don't care how good the player is it just ruins international football IMO.It's like the way in dozens of national teams there is Brazilians playing for them because there is so many talented Brazilian footballers that the leftovers are good enough to start for 90% of other national sides.Like the way Portugal is now essentially Brazils B team.It defeats the point of international football,what next buying some other countrys players?Maybe this way England can win something. Wink
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:14 pm

Le Samourai wrote:

He should...I genuinely think he could be a starter for us while more well marketed names will always be considered ahead of him for Brazil.

He's a great player - hard but inspiringly selfless runner, will make scoring runs , auxillary runs anything that suits the play. He's relatively skilled though in my opinion that isn't really his strong point. He has a football brain , positional and situational awareness and technique to render those assets effective.

If I had to make a comparison it would be Tomas Mueller.

I hope this deal doesn't go through. To me it isn't even good for Atletico- they have Adrian already and should be adverse Torres or Ninguez who are both remarkably talented.

Hopefully *praying* Malaga can find a way to pay his release clause in the summer.

But isn't Adrian unhappy ie wants more money at Arsenal or somewhere like that?

Don't you think he would be a good replacement for him if he left,added to the fact that Athletico would have approx £10 million spare to spend or pay of debts?

Just found out he has 6 assists as well as 6 goals this season.

It looks like the deal is all but done anyway.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:33 pm

worms wrote:Like the way Portugal is now essentially Brazils B team.It defeats the point of international football,what next buying some other countrys players?

You're exaggerating a bit. Out of the 24(?) players that form the Portugal squad there's only 1 brazilian - Pepe.
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:32 pm

Bruno Alves is half Brazilian :coffee:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:27 pm

This kid is so good :bow: Showing Atleti what they'll be getting next season right now. :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:27 pm

He just goes at you . No fear :bow:

He hasn't signed for Atletico yet :coffee:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:33 pm

I hope he doesn't then. GTFI Rodgers.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:44 pm

If he isn't bought by oil dictator money, he isn't interesting.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum