Marotta: 'Ref is from Naples'

Go down

Marotta: 'Ref is from Naples' Empty Marotta: 'Ref is from Naples'

Post by DeviAngel Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:22 pm

Juventus general manager Beppe Marotta stirred up huge controversy by suggesting referee Marco Guida didn’t give a penalty “because he is from Naples.”

The Bianconeri were furious after a 1-1 draw with Genoa, as in stoppages Andreas Granqvist accidentally kicked the ball on to his arm in the box.

“There are six officials around the pitch, but no synchronicity between them,” slammed Marotta.

“You can’t go in with your arms raised and then be given the benefit of the doubt because of your mistake.

“This is a period in which different situations have been occurring, but the fact remains the goal line referee was not listened to.

“I will only say that it is a mistake. The referee Guida is from Naples, so perhaps that is why he felt he was in a difficult position. He is a young official, so it’s normal to be under pressure in certain situations.”

Marotta was pressed on this suggestion Guida had wanted to favour Napoli, who are in second place and fighting for the Scudetto.

“I am sure he is a good man, I am just discussing the error. If referees are not assigned to clubs from their own region, there must be a reason.

“Assigning such a young official to this game made it difficult for him. Imagine if a referee from Turin had gone to officiate Napoli.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum