Kick
Forza
marottalad
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mauricio Isla Empty Mauricio Isla

Post by marottalad Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:57 am

Juventus splashed 36 million dollars for the combined duo of isla and asamoah much was expected of the pair as they were the backbone of the udinese side that reached the qualifying rounds of the champions league 2 consecutive years in a row. Asamoah has impressed on the left even though his natural position is in the centre of the park finally ending juventus's issues of finding a starting 11 left flank player. Isla on the other hand who some fans regarded more highly then Asamoah at the start of the season has struggled alot. He looks predictable, out of position and error prone. He has alot of floors in his game he isn't particually quick, he is short and he can't dribble past players as soon as he gets the ball he just passes it straight away and doesn't try and create anything. Does anyone give him a chance of succeeding? or do they agree with my stance on the issue that Juventus got trolled over paying for a player when we allready have sufficient wingers in the form of simone pepe, stephan lichsteiner and the fill in martin caceras? that 18 million with the sale of 1 of matri of quagliarella would fetch around 30 million enough for a striker like Jovetic :brickwall:
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Mauricio Isla Empty Re: Mauricio Isla

Post by Forza Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:59 am

There's just no room for him at Juve. We will take Isla gladly... free loan with option to buy? I think he's still a quality player.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:02 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:There's just no room for him at Juve. We will take Isla gladly... free loan with option to buy? I think he's still a quality player.

we give you 10 million+ el sharaawy hmm
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:12 am

Sounds like Sanchez. Both have struggled since moving.

Considering I wanted him for so long before we got Azpilicueta, I am happy we didn't get him.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:26 am

Kick wrote:Sounds like Sanchez. Both have struggled since moving.

Considering I wanted him for so long before we got Azpilicueta, I am happy we didn't get him.

You guys sure dodged a bullet. Azpilicueta is no prize though there's far better choices at right back. Then again you have the same management that spent 50 mil on torres yet neglects youre teams problems in the centre of the park lol. i am so glad chelsea didn't buy fellaini or i would seriously be scared of ur mob in the champions league next season. but you will probably spend 60 mil on falcao or cavani and neglect buying fellaini again Very Happy
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:30 am

marottalad wrote:

You guys sure dodged a bullet. Azpilicueta is no prize though there's far better choices at right back. Then again you have the same management that spent 50 mil on torres yet neglects youre teams problems in the centre of the park lol. i am so glad chelsea didn't buy fellaini or i would seriously be scared of ur mob in the champions league next season. but you will probably spend 60 mil on falcao or cavani and neglect buying fellaini again Very Happy

Azpilicueta has been bossing it, no one gets passed him in 1 v 1s and he is solid going forward too.

The middle of the park isn't much of a problem, we can improve there but what we needed the most was a striker, now we have Ba, we need a decent manager and we will be solid again.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:37 am

Kick wrote:
marottalad wrote:

Azpilicueta has been bossing it, no one gets passed him in 1 v 1s and he is solid going forward too.

The middle of the park isn't much of a problem, we can improve there but what we needed the most was a striker, now we have Ba, we need a decent manager and we will be solid again.

Azpilicueta has been bossing it? ill take ur word for it every time ive seen him play i haven't been that impressed, but i don't watch every chelsea game lol. No offence but i haveto disagree with you on saying you are set in the middle of the park, we bossed you guys 3-0 at our home ground and their are probably 5-6 teams better then us out there. mikel needs to be replaced by fellaini and lampard needs a proper understudy or competition. as for ramires he looks a player, youre attacking mids are amongst the best in the world so you are set there. youre team is pretty much set after that, ba isn't falcao level but he is good enough if you can get falcao or cavani then great
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:57 am

Except Isla's coming back from a long term injury which put him out for more than half a year,plus the fact that he did not have a proper pre-season run under his belt.Besides these obvious reasons ,we have to take into account the form of Lichtsteiner who has been tremendous up until now which is why Isla's underwhelming performances hasnt got me that worried.And its not like he has really received a consistent run of game time either.

Its way too early to write him off.Considering Juve have given the likes of Amauri and Matri umpteenth chances ,this guy deserves another full season under his belt.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:05 am

Surag wrote:

Except Isla's coming back from a long term injury which put him out for more than half a year,plus the fact that he did not have a proper pre-season run under his belt.Besides these obvious reasons ,we have to take into account the form of Lichtsteiner who has been tremendous up until now which is why Isla's underwhelming performances hasnt got me that worried.And its not like he has really received a consistent run of game time either.

Its way too early to write him off.Considering Juve have given the likes of Amauri and Matri umpteenth chances ,this guy deserves another full season under his belt.

I was actually going to say his form is unsurprising because of his injury.

@marot yes, Azpilicueta has been good.
While our CM's aren't WC, we have some good youngsters coming through and we just have to wait it out instead of panic buying fellaini.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 22, 2013 4:57 pm

So why did Isla flop at Juventus?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 22, 2013 5:00 pm

Still recovering from one of the worst injuries you can get.

And because he wasn't anywhere near Licht's level he didn't get enough time to try and get back into proper form.

But his decision making on the ball was pretty bad, and that's not connected to an injury. You can have a broken leg but still know when not to try and cross the ball ffs.

He's young, I'd like to keep him personally. But i'd loan him out for 1 season to a side who WILL use him.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 22, 2013 5:35 pm

Why did Juve buy him with Lichtsteiner already there?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed May 22, 2013 5:41 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Why did Juve buy him with Lichtsteiner already there?

Because he can play in multiple roles, despite only being a back up to Lichtsteiner. It wasn't the greatest of moves by any means, but there was good intentions behind it. Isla was absolute class prior to his injury, time will tell if he can re-gain that form.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 22, 2013 5:53 pm

If Isla can recover he can have our right wing all to himself in a couple of seasons. Licht is 29 I think. Also should we switch to 4-3-3 at any point in a match he can play RB or RW not to mention in CM.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 22, 2013 6:41 pm

One of the reasons Juve want to sell Lichsteiner is because they have Isla methinks. It takes a year to get back from an injury like Isla's. He'll be fine. I really enjoyed watching him at Udi.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed May 22, 2013 8:20 pm

Oh Udinese and their scouts. Cant wait to see what level Muriel will reach next season.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu May 23, 2013 9:45 am

Chileans are overated.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Thu May 23, 2013 1:06 pm

tnx 4 da infu catalunya

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu May 23, 2013 3:40 pm

Wouldn't mind him at Arsenal if Sagna leaves
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu May 23, 2013 4:27 pm

free_cat wrote:Chileans are overated.

Care to elaborate on this weird observation?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 23, 2013 4:44 pm

Sanchez deceived him
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 23, 2013 5:04 pm

Sanchez in double figures for goals and assists and still shit Rolling Eyes

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu May 23, 2013 5:09 pm

May be people have eyes and actually watch the game rather than looking at stats lol.

Fabregas is second best player for Barca 2 season in a row if we are going to trust the Statistics rofl

Apart from the last month Sanchez has been shet.Flopped in all the big games and 1 month out of 10 months ? ya fair to call him shet.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu May 23, 2013 5:39 pm

Still want to know the science of how coming from Chile magically elevates the worlds opinion about yourself.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 23, 2013 5:51 pm

Sanchez hasn't been very good with Barca... let's be real. He's flopped compared to the expectations of him. But that said, he's not shat.

He's as big a biatch as Suarez when it comes to diving and cheating however.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next