Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Zeman Sacked  Empty Re: Zeman Sacked

Post by McLewis Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:06 pm

I understand the decision, but I still don't like it. There goes our season right there. Any hope of turning this slump around is gone now.

Aurelio Andreazzoli, technical coach under Zeman, has been handed the job temporarily.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:15 pm

Is it possible for Totti to become a player-manager ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:15 pm

I could see that coming...
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:20 pm

RealGunner wrote:Is it possible for Totti to become a player-manager ?

Ehh unlikely, not the way it's done with the bigger Serie A sides these days.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:35 pm

RealGunner wrote:Is it possible for Totti to become a player-manager ?

lol, I'd feel sorry for any player who'd be managed by that tw**

But Roma's results have been disappointing to say the least. This sacking could have waited until the summer, but imo they were in need of a change.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:26 pm

Sad day for me as a fan.

I have a soft spot for Zeman. I'm unbelievably disappointed that we couldn't make it work with him.

We played some fantastic games with Zeman, but as is the previous 4 years we struggled with consistency. Which is to be expected with the number of injuries/player turnover this year.

I think Baldini/Sabatini/Pallotta made the wrong move here. No, I know they did.

narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:23 pm

Mazzone: 'Incompetent Roma'
By Football Italia staff

Ex-Roma Coach Carlo Mazzone claims the club “is incompetent” after it sacked Zdenek Zeman today.

The Giallorossi directors came together for crisis talks and pulled the plug on Zeman’s brief reign this afternoon, handing the team to member of staff Aurelio Andreazzoli.

“I do not agree with the decision to sack Zeman,” Mazzone told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“When they decided to hire Zeman, they knew his strengths and weaknesses. It requires patience and I don’t think he was responsible for the situation that was created there.

“Zeman has an important career behind him and he would’ve paid out of his own pocket to win with Roma. It was his dream job.

“Over the last 18 months this team has changed so many players, some who are very talented and others who are just kids. They need time to grow.

“I would’ve gone to the end of the season with Zeman and given him time, even after 10 defeats. Whoever made this decision is incompetent. Making a choice like this at this stage of the season is incomprehensible.”

Andreazzoli is only a caretaker manager awaiting talks for a replacement, as Marco Giampaolo, Laurent Blanc and Walter Novellino have been mentioned.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree 100% with Carlo. Sabatini/Baldini heads should have rolled before Zeman.
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:55 pm

Sad

wrong decision , back to level 1
I reckon the main reason was the news of Management doubts in zeman somehow got into locker room and after he lost control there

Grazie iL BOEMO Sad :bow:
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:13 pm

We need a manager who would take control of the players. With Zeman we sometimes didnt look motivated to play or just lazy. Its not all down to management - if zeman had said requested some type of players he needed for his formation - i beliave they would have got those.

And also, it cant get worse than it already is. Montella and Spalleti are dreams, but I believe this job needs to go to an old-skool, defensive Italian manager. Id even bring Ranieri back.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:56 pm

http://www.football-italia.net/30285/moggi-i-knew-zeman-would-fail

and that's the reminder of why i always dislike this man :brickwall:
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:58 pm

Well, he was right. Cant argue with that
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:18 am

Moggi is scum of the earth.

I would be happy if we pulled a Zamp in this case and got him back. Today seems like a nightmare for me.
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:15 am

While I enjoyed the opportunity to see Roma in person outside of Rome, I still think this was a product of the winter trip to Florida. Save the barnstorming for the Summer. All of their momentum disappeared over the winter break...
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:12 pm

I disagreed initially with that, Moto, but now maybe I'm changing my tune. Maybe that trip took more out of these guys than Zeman was willing to admit and for good reason. I would call it a contributing factor, but nothing beyond that.

I still think it was Zeman's failure to adapt and evolve his tactics that lead to the poor results. We made it too easy for our opponents to do their homework and get it right against us. The reality with Zeman is that he was never going to do that anyway though. Everyone knew that when we brought him in and that just makes the reasons surrounding his sacking all the more difficult to understand.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:38 pm

Neal, that last sentence is spot on, which is why I'm gutted by this decision. I was really disappointed with this decision. With Zeman, everyone knew what was coming, so I don't understand how our management could have reached the point of firing him. I would've at least given him until the end of the season. This decision means that our management believes we should be much higher in the table with this squad. If this is the case, then I would reconsider Baldini and Sabatini's positions at season's end if we do not improve our performances. This sacking shows that they did not believe in Zeman one bit and that they chose him strictly for commercial reasons. We all know that the ultimate goal of our American owners is to gain a profit, which necessitates getting a new stadium. In order to get a stadium, yyou have to attract the fans. They initially tried this by getting LE to re-propose the Barca mentality... that didnt work. Then they got Zeman, they knew this would bring those alienated fans back to the stadium and it did. But, now they showed, by sacking him, that they didn't truly believe in his abilities and were never going to stick by him.

I feel very sorry for Zeman, he deserved more. Grazie Zdenek, sempre con te!
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:43 pm

Andreazzoli was Luciano Spalletti’s assistant manager and remained at the club as technical coach.

It is reported he will bring back the 4-2-3-1 system that proved so successful under Spalletti, dropping Ivan Piris and returning Daniele De Rossi to the starting XI with Michael Bradley.

Erik Lamela, Totti and Alessandro Florenzi or Pjanic would then support lone striker Pablo Daniel Osvaldo or Mattia Destro.

Sounds good.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:52 pm

Zeman is awesome. I'm disappointed to not be able to see what he could have done in year two. That's the biggest tragedy of all of this.(Same could be said about Enrique).

If we were still plagued by the same inconsistency midway through next season, then the sacking would be seen as reasonable.

Now, as with most sackings by Serie A sides, this comes across as desperate. Rome wasn't built in a half season.

This is the one guy we could have stuck with. (fan favorite).

When was the last time we legitimately beat Cagliari anyways? They always kill us.

I expected more from the Management.

narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:26 am

Im dissapointed. Zeman deserved more time. Thank you Zdenek.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:07 pm

Time to move on I guess, but I'm still saddened by this news as I think that it's completely unfair. Our management failed in supporting him, both in front of the media and in terms of providing Zeman with the players that he needed. Then, he was let down by the players he did have at his disposal... well, most of them. On Friday, I only saw Totti trying to single-handedly save Zeman's job. Unfortunately, our lack of cohesiveness and the incompetence and laziness of certain players outweighed the strength of our captain.

Now, it's on with Aurelio Andrezzoli who is just a few moments away from his first training session as our manager.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:11 pm

:coffee: pellegrini as next season manager? any idea?
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:54 am

Let's wait to see what Andreazzoli does from here to the end of the season before distracting the team with more names (obviously this won't happen because Roman and Italian media is full completely of shit anyway).

If we don't stick with him, I'd like an Italian manager.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:21 pm

On his way out of Trigoria on Monday, Zeman was acclaimed by a large group of supporters. One fan handed Zeman his season ticket, saying "without you, I don't want to go to the stadium anymore". Zeman suggested he keep it, as "Roma marches forward anyway". Eventually, the Czech coach conceded, saying that he would give it back if the fan ever changes his mind.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:29 am

Hopefully we stray away from what we have been doing and try to pry Pioli out of Bologna.

Won't happen though, as he would be a fool to come to Rome.

I think he has as secure a job as you can find in Italy.

Here's another name...How about Rolando Maran of Catania?

All I can say, whoever takes the reins, they better be prepared to get into the top 3 by Christmas or their practically as good as done in Rome.

narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:37 am

ErPupone wrote:On his way out of Trigoria on Monday, Zeman was acclaimed by a large group of supporters. One fan handed Zeman his season ticket, saying "without you, I don't want to go to the stadium anymore". Zeman suggested he keep it, as "Roma marches forward anyway". Eventually, the Czech coach conceded, saying that he would give it back if the fan ever changes his mind.

eco smile I hope Ultras give a lesson to Baldini .

that fan :bow:
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next