Who is Juventus' Most Important Attacker?

5 posters

Go down

Who is Juventus' Most Important Attacker? Empty Who is Juventus' Most Important Attacker?

Post by Luca Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:30 pm

The attack
Sebastian Giovinco
Mirko Vucinic
Fabio Quagliarella
Alessandro Matri
Nicolas Anelka
Nicklas Bendtner

Statistical analysis (2012/2013 season, whoscored):
Sebastian Giovinco 23 (7 substitute) appearances/10 goals/6 assists/3.3 shots per game
Mirko Vucinic 19 ( 8 ) appearances/8 goals/5 assists/2.8 shots per game
Fabio Quagliarella 11 (9) apperances/10 goals/1 assist/2.8 shots per game
Alessandro Matri 11 (9) apperances/5 goals/2 assists/1.8 shots per game
Nicolas Anelka N/A
Nicklas Bendtner 3 (7) appearances/1.4 shots per game

The first number represents game started, and the number in brackets amounts to matches where the player was subbed in- add them up for the total number of appearances. It is not fair to discuss Anelka or Bendtner since they have not impacted the team in a way to be the team's most important attacker.

Giovinco is the most potent attacker, the most consistent in terms of appearances. He can create his own shot but only shares a tie for goals scored with Quagliarella, and has one more assist than Vucinic despite playing more. He is not efficient by these numbers but a constant threat with 10 goals, 6 assists in 30 games, with more than 3 shots per games. 16/30

Vucinic is roughly at the same place as Giovinco despite missing more time with injury. In 27 appearances he has 8 goals and 5 assists. 13/27

Quagliarella shares a lead in goals with Giovinco at 10, despite having one-third less of the appearances. He averages nearly 3 shots per game, but has only picked up one assist. He has also almost been a substitute as many times as a starter. The moment he gets the ball he is looking to shoot on net. 11/20

Matri has the same number of appearances as Quagliarella but half the goals, picking up one more assist but struggling to average two shots per game. He cannot create his own shot. 7/20

Statistical scores (G+A/APPS):
Sebastian Giovinco 0.53
Mirko Vucinic 0.48
Fabio Quagliarella 0.55
Alessandro Matri 0.35

The statistical edge goes to Quagliarella (narrowly), over Giovinco. Followed by Vucinic and Matri.

Commentary:

I think the statistics speak volumes about the imperfectness of Juventus' attack. A striker who shoots more than anyone but doesn't lead in goals but assists. A striker who shoots on sight but does not assist. A striker who, despite horrid form at times nearly matches Juventus' best attacker's numbers. Another striker who, in the same amount of appearances as Juventus' most potent striker has half the goals and cannot create his own shots.

This is an imperfect attack force looking for the perfect combination to fit with the team's preferred 3-5-2. Off the top of my head I can think of matches which support this lack of consistency. Moments where one striker was hotter than another and saw the field more, allowing more goals/assists but then dropped in favour of another striker. What this amounts to is three players around the same goals/assists and more importantly, influence. What is lacking is one standout player to rely on for even a short term basis. There is no game breaker, no game changer. There is three players, four (on his day), around the same level. Each with different strengths but the same result.

Conclusion:
Quagliarella is selfish. Giovinco is inefficient. Matri cannot create his own shot. Vucinic is extremely statistically similar to Giovinco, so I'll say he is inefficient as well.

Juventus' most important attacker? He left a year ago

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Who is Juventus' Most Important Attacker? Empty Re: Who is Juventus' Most Important Attacker?

Post by DeviAngel Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:01 am

yup it was ADP

but we'll have to see the other thing to in our formation our attackers have different job for example Matri needs to create space, Vucinic is *Inside Forward, Gio is used as SS and CF sometimes but he is winger type he always preforms best played as Inside Forward in my eyes... Anelka well I am sure he will be used same as Matri. Quagliarella is mix from everyone here but he is selfish,fustrated, the last few months started fight with Lichtsteiner,Marchisio, Alessio somerhing I don't cherish ( where has our Quagli gone Sad )

I know you are all against but if we sell Matri we are screwed he is not world class but he is good enough to be sub for Llorente he is pure #9 and in attacking formation he is beast plus he is just finding his form 4 goals in 5-6 apps is good. I hope I don't jinx it pls god. This up just shows that IF Matri is fed with balls as he should he will score goals and it shows that Matri's main problem is not scoring but creating

*( The inside forwards would support the centre forwards, running and making space in the opposition defence, and, as the passing game developed, supporting him with passes. The role is broadly analogous to the "hole" or second striker position in the modern game, although here there were two such players, known as inside right and inside left.)
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Who is Juventus' Most Important Attacker? Empty Re: Who is Juventus' Most Important Attacker?

Post by Juventude Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:08 am

The midfield.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:04 pm

DeviAngel wrote:yup it was ADP

but we'll have to see the other thing to in our formation our attackers have different job for example Matri needs to create space, Vucinic is *Inside Forward, Gio is used as SS and CF sometimes but he is winger type he always preforms best played as Inside Forward in my eyes... Anelka well I am sure he will be used same as Matri. Quagliarella is mix from everyone here but he is selfish,fustrated, the last few months started fight with Lichtsteiner,Marchisio, Alessio somerhing I don't cherish ( where has our Quagli gone Sad )

I know you are all against but if we sell Matri we are screwed he is not world class but he is good enough to be sub for Llorente he is pure #9 and in attacking formation he is beast plus he is just finding his form 4 goals in 5-6 apps is good. I hope I don't jinx it pls god. This up just shows that IF Matri is fed with balls as he should he will score goals and it shows that Matri's main problem is not scoring but creating

*( The inside forwards would support the centre forwards, running and making space in the opposition defence, and, as the passing game developed, supporting him with passes. The role is broadly analogous to the "hole" or second striker position in the modern game, although here there were two such players, known as inside right and inside left.)

I wouldn't go as far to say we are screwed without Matri, I think that's an exaggeration. Far better players have left this club than him but I see what you mean. The problem with Matri is in the numbers, less than 2 shots per games, how can you score if you don't shoot? You can't, compare that with Giovinco who is over 3, closer to 3.5 shots per game but still doesn't score as much as Quagliarella who is under 3 shots per game. I know we shouldn't rely on statistics, but these tell a decent story about the Juventus attack.

Giovinco doesn't need support but he needs to improve his finishing 100%. Quagliarella is selfish but I think Giovinco-Quagliarella could be viable if they wanted to play together. Giovinco-Matri could work but Giovinco has to play provider. Vucinic does a bit of everything, he could realistically partner any of our strikers and do a fine job but he certainly needs to step up his game to what it was last season at this time.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:27 pm

Beltrame is our best attacker :coffee:
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:45 pm

juveman17 wrote:Beltrame is our best attacker :coffee:

I dare to say Gabbiadini !
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:47 pm

DeviAngel wrote:

What happened to Boakye?

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:10 pm

Devi's favorite players list:

1) Matri
2) Matri
3) Matri

Razz
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:27 pm

Luca wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

What happened to Boakye?

I love him but I know he won't get the chance soon in the first team... Boakye >=Gabbiadini > Immobile

juveman17 wrote:Devi's favorite players list:

1) Matri
2) Matri
3) Matri

Razz

hahahah Thumbs up
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Targus Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:01 pm

Luca wrote:The attack
Sebastian Giovinco
Mirko Vucinic
Fabio Quagliarella
Alessandro Matri
Nicolas Anelka
Nicklas Bendtner

Statistical analysis (2012/2013 season, whoscored):
Sebastian Giovinco 23 (7 substitute) appearances/10 goals/6 assists/3.3 shots per game
Mirko Vucinic 19 ( 8 ) appearances/8 goals/5 assists/2.8 shots per game
Fabio Quagliarella 11 (9) apperances/10 goals/1 assist/2.8 shots per game
Alessandro Matri 11 (9) apperances/5 goals/2 assists/1.8 shots per game
Nicolas Anelka N/A
Nicklas Bendtner 3 (7) appearances/1.4 shots per game

The first number represents game started, and the number in brackets amounts to matches where the player was subbed in- add them up for the total number of appearances. It is not fair to discuss Anelka or Bendtner since they have not impacted the team in a way to be the team's most important attacker.

Giovinco is the most potent attacker, the most consistent in terms of appearances. He can create his own shot but only shares a tie for goals scored with Quagliarella, and has one more assist than Vucinic despite playing more. He is not efficient by these numbers but a constant threat with 10 goals, 6 assists in 30 games, with more than 3 shots per games. 16/30

Vucinic is roughly at the same place as Giovinco despite missing more time with injury. In 27 appearances he has 8 goals and 5 assists. 13/27

Quagliarella shares a lead in goals with Giovinco at 10, despite having one-third less of the appearances. He averages nearly 3 shots per game, but has only picked up one assist. He has also almost been a substitute as many times as a starter. The moment he gets the ball he is looking to shoot on net. 11/20

Matri has the same number of appearances as Quagliarella but half the goals, picking up one more assist but struggling to average two shots per game. He cannot create his own shot. 7/20

Statistical scores (G+A/APPS):
Sebastian Giovinco 0.53
Mirko Vucinic 0.48
Fabio Quagliarella 0.55
Alessandro Matri 0.35

The statistical edge goes to Quagliarella (narrowly), over Giovinco. Followed by Vucinic and Matri.

Commentary:

I think the statistics speak volumes about the imperfectness of Juventus' attack. A striker who shoots more than anyone but doesn't lead in goals but assists. A striker who shoots on sight but does not assist. A striker who, despite horrid form at times nearly matches Juventus' best attacker's numbers. Another striker who, in the same amount of appearances as Juventus' most potent striker has half the goals and cannot create his own shots.

This is an imperfect attack force looking for the perfect combination to fit with the team's preferred 3-5-2. Off the top of my head I can think of matches which support this lack of consistency. Moments where one striker was hotter than another and saw the field more, allowing more goals/assists but then dropped in favour of another striker. What this amounts to is three players around the same goals/assists and more importantly, influence. What is lacking is one standout player to rely on for even a short term basis. There is no game breaker, no game changer. There is three players, four (on his day), around the same level. Each with different strengths but the same result.

Conclusion:
Quagliarella is selfish. Giovinco is inefficient. Matri cannot create his own shot. Vucinic is extremely statistically similar to Giovinco, so I'll say he is inefficient as well.

Juventus' most important attacker? He left a year ago

Luca you're a genius a man
By the way, I love the last sentence Thumbs up
Targus
Targus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:56 pm

Thanks Targus, welcome to the forums btw. Post more!

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down