McAgger
Art Morte
Onyx
EL Patron
DeletedUser#1
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Manchester United are only 2 signings short of being as good as Barca Empty Manchester United are only 2 signings short of being as good as Barca

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:08 pm

Wilshere and Bale.

I strongly think Fergie would make bids and won't care about the price because those 2 will be textbook SAF signings. British, young, capable of decade of service, and unlikely to want out to La Liga.

Who cares about Rooney or Ferdinand's price tags now ?

Do you think there is a chance that either of them 2 will be a United player in the next 2 years ?

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Manchester United are only 2 signings short of being as good as Barca Empty Re: Manchester United are only 2 signings short of being as good as Barca

Post by EL Patron Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:28 pm

Bale Oui, Wilshere Non. Fergie has a hard on for Wingers :coffee:
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Manchester United are only 2 signings short of being as good as Barca Empty Re: Manchester United are only 2 signings short of being as good as Barca

Post by Onyx Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:29 pm

It doesn't really matter who they sign imo. As long as Barca play the way they do with their current players, I don't think Man Utd will be as good as them.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:31 pm

Neither of them is Messi and that guy can just lift a team to a whole new level.

But I agree that those would be great signings for Manc United, but...

they've got a few attacking players and/or wingers and they just signed Zaha and I don't think United are like City who just sign up-and-coming youngsters to sit on the bench for a few years. I don't think they're going for Bale.

Wilshere would be ideal for them, but the player has indicated quite strongly that he's an Arsenal player and wants to remain that way. I'd also be shocked and even disgusted if Arsenal sold a key player of theirs to United so soon after Van Persie.

So I don't see either of these deals happening although both would be improve the United squad.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:36 pm

While I can already see Bale in a Yanited jersey, I don't think there is any chance in hell Wilshere will join them ever.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:38 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:Bale Oui, Wilshere Non. Fergie has a hard on for Wingers :coffee:

Tbf their wingers are not good enough at the moment.....

They do need an upgrade in both spots for sure, Valencia has been found out as far as i'm concerned, Young was never good enough for an elite level, Nani is leaving.

They don't use the midfield anyway they never have so its an irrelevance.

Can they beat Barca with the right gameplan? sure but i don't see how they can go toe to toe with them and win.

Even if they bought said players.

I actually thought Kagawa would be a weapon to be used in games like that but he hasn't really been used at all so far and when he has he's been on the periphery mainly.

It depends what you're asking, with these players can they beat Barca?

Yes but they can already do that with the right gameplan tbh, but better than Barca implies going toe to toe with them and i don't think they are capable of that.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:38 pm

Wilshere wants to return to his boyhood club AC Milan, i can confirm, i am boyhood club
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:48 pm

Wilshere is a closet pool fan
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:49 pm

While I disagree with the initial statement, those two players would make ManU incredibly hard to beat.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:51 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:While I disagree with the initial statement, those two players would make ManU incredibly hard to beat.

Considering they have only lost 3 times all season i'd argue they are already....

About Wilshere.....

Manchester United are only 2 signings short of being as good as Barca Article-0-16FD69F4000005DC-35_306x423

Future West Ham Legend :bow:

Matty Taylor,Carroll and Joey Cole supported by Honest lad Wilshere :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:53 pm

Meh, I think ManUs lack of midfield will hurt them in the continental game in the long run. I might be wrong though, they have been incredibly consistent this season.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:06 pm

but what about that backline?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:35 pm

Sepi, get some sleep, brah, you're acting like the guy from 127 hours on day 4
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:37 pm

You can have the best game plan in the world, coupled with the most acute tactical awareness, when Messi decides it's time to put a game to bed, there is no stopping him
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:46 pm

In order to be as good as Barca you need a Xavi-Busi-Iniesta like midfield with a Messi like player in front of them. and it's impossible to have that.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:15 pm

Lex wrote:You can have the best game plan in the world, coupled with the most acute tactical awareness, when Messi decides it's time to put a game to bed, there is no stopping him

Uhh, yeah, there is. Example one. Chelsea v Barca, first leg, 2012. Example two, the second leg. Laughing

I don't think either will join Man U. Jack won't, I see him staying at Arsenal forever.

If United want to rise to Barca's level in the long term, they'll have to find a wonderkid as RVP won't be around much longer to save them.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:35 pm

Parking the bus isn't the most inspiring or innovative tactic. Even Tony Pulis, with his pip sized brain, implements it weekly
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vrane Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:45 pm

They should not worry about becoming "as good as barca", theres no need to look at things like that..it implies some irrelevant things...

United have to be good in their own terms, english teams are disasters atm, united have not to worry in their league or cup ties, they have a good team and club mentality..

They just need a capable team with good performances and players, in the cl as long as you have good players, some "luck" and great performances, anything can happen.

It will be hard for a team as good as barca to ever win 2 consecutively, specially when they "narrowly" passed onto the finals of their 2 last cls in the first place..

So its not like barca are an indominable force you have to be perfect to surpass, you need some good performances but sir alex has failed big time against them..

Vrane
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:01 pm

Lex wrote:Parking the bus isn't the most inspiring or innovative tactic. Even Tony Pulis, with his pip sized brain, implements it weekly

So it's not a tactic or a game plan?

Read your original post. Laughing

Doesn't have to be smart, inspiring or innovative, just has to work and it did.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:05 pm

Anyone can park 11 players in their own half and stop the other team from scoring. As far as game plans go, it's pretty lazy, uninspired and weak

And it barely worked. You were one Messi penalty away from disaster Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vrane Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:13 pm

Actually, pulling off a great defensive performance against barca takes some very well placed effort.

Chelsea got "lucky" many times, but all the players did their job as well as they could and barca didnt, thats how it rolls in this sport, specially in the champions league.

You need good performances, and some good "luck".

The butthurt, or really moralistic like to bite at teams who can't "do more" but if you cant understand the basic principle of teamwork in order to win at any way possible in your grasp then you have to be pretty narrow minded.

If you cant accept it, thats another issue.

Vrane
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:23 pm

Lex wrote:Anyone can park 11 players in their own half and stop the other team from scoring. As far as game plans go, it's pretty lazy, uninspired and weak

And it barely worked. You were one Messi penalty away from disaster Laughing

So we agree that it is a tactic and a gameplan? And that it worked?

Enjoy the egg on your face, mate.

I would also like to point out that those two games are not the only ones which we have stopped Messi from scoring, I believe the count is up to 8 now.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:57 pm

Parking the bus might sound like an easy tactic, however passing the ball around constantly sounds easy too. I'm sure there's defensive organisation, concentration etc required when PTB. When to counter-attack, when to close down a certain player etc etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vrane Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:10 pm

Actually in order to win trophies you have to have a pretty good team that knows what its doing, i think the defensive side of football is attacked mostly because many see it as being cowardly or inferior, when in fact theres a whole lot of incorrect logic used on those assumptions most of the time.

The other argument is that the aesthetics are missing or that some of the fouls can set bad example on the children...but in the end, football is too grand and immense for it to be viewed at with such narrow vision.

And no i am not hypocrite enough to throw rocks at man united for sitting back against madrid, ive seen some double standard roll around..

Vrane
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:35 pm

United are also interested in James Rodriguez according to a bunch of sources.
They were also following Quintero, from Pescara.

But who knows?
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next