'Clubs in Europe at a disadvantage'

4 posters

Go down

'Clubs in Europe at a disadvantage' Empty 'Clubs in Europe at a disadvantage'

Post by DeviAngel Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:59 pm

Juventus sporting director Giuseppe Marotta has called on Serie A to improve fixture congestion for club's involved in European competition.

The 57-year-old has claimed that Italian clubs are at a disadvantage when it comes to the Champions League and the Europa League, because of treatment from the League authorities.

“The Italian League is a difficult one that's very balanced,” he told reporters. “It's a really tough championship.

“So I think we need to appeal to the authorities for better planning of fixtures in relation to European commitments.

“This is a line of inquiry that we will be pursuing, and we hope to achieve something in the future.”
==========

sorry marotta but you are wrong
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

'Clubs in Europe at a disadvantage' Empty Re: 'Clubs in Europe at a disadvantage'

Post by Juventude Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:05 am

I disagree with you, Devi. Italy needs a shorter break over the Christmas holiday. Playing just a couple games over that time period would provide a lot of relief for Italian clubs in European competitions. If the EPL can do it, so can Italy. Plus, more fans would watch the games on tv since that is a dead period for games. The season should also start earlier.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

'Clubs in Europe at a disadvantage' Empty Re: 'Clubs in Europe at a disadvantage'

Post by Juventude Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:14 pm

This week is a classic example of poor fixtures. Serie A could have easily pushed the Roma match and any of the matches of the Europa League teams to today. It makes no sense to have Juve playing a Saturday game after a mid-week CL match. At the very least, Juve could have been scheduled for Sunday. Meanwhile, a well run league like the EPL, had cup matches this weekend. If Serie A wants their UEFA coefficient to rise, then you have to schedule accordingly for your CL and Europa League teams. Otherwise, the FIGC is just disrespecting the UEFA competitions and, as a result, Serie A will suffer.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:07 pm

I agree with Juventude. Juventus ARE at a disadvantage when playing in more than one competition because of all the travelling and extra matches which result in a lot of fatigue and less time to prepare for other games. The Roma game is proof of that. So yes, the teams that aren't partaking in Europe do have an advantage over others who do in my opinion.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:34 pm

No no I agree but I see it as 'crying' now, it shouldn't be mentioned now it should be after the season ends as there is no point on talking about it
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:07 pm

DeviAngel wrote:No no I agree but I see it as 'crying' now, it shouldn't be mentioned now it should be after the season ends as there is no point on talking about it

Yeah, but if you don't point it out now while the issue is current, no one will care about it over the summer. It just so happens that this is a perfect example. Poor scheduling really hurts the Italian teams in European competitions because the clubs already can't compete financially with the EPL and top La Liga teams. Those teams can have much greater depth than most Italian teams.

The FIGC are idiots. I don't understand why they do not act in the country's best interests.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:43 pm

while i do agree with everything that has been said here i must add..

..there is another option for this...many teams do it when they are in a situation like this...

...it's called....SQUAD ROTATION!

it wouldn't kill our staff to learn that term
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:52 pm

Adrian0911 wrote:while i do agree with everything that has been said here i must add..

..there is another option for this...many teams do it when they are in a situation like this...

...it's called....SQUAD ROTATION!

it wouldn't kill our staff to learn that term

Squad rotation is fine, but most Italian teams do not have the same depth as the top teams in the EPL. I think Conte could rotate the squad more than he does without sacrificing too much talent, but, overall, the Italian teams do not have the same depth that they may have had five years ago. In 2006, we were rotating Del P, Trez, Ibra, Mutu, and Zalayeta. That's not quite the same as rotating Matri, Quags, Giovinco, and Vucinic. Things have changed.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum