worms
Real Kandahar
RealGunner
FalcaoPunch
Onyx
47 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Pellegrini to Man City - Official - Page 3 Empty Re: Pellegrini to Man City - Official

Post by Red Alert Sat May 11, 2013 6:30 am

There's a massive difference between the two... lol

Infact, it's like comparing Steven Gerrard to Tom Cleverley and asking who's better...

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Pellegrini to Man City - Official - Page 3 Empty Re: Pellegrini to Man City - Official

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sat May 11, 2013 6:56 am

sure

I hope he goes to a club where he has less money at his disposal and shuts up his doubters.

Napoli 2013-14 Scudetto winners. Proud
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat May 11, 2013 12:08 pm

Loooool Pelle getting the City job about the same time Mou talking about a u turn rofl

Pellegrini to take City to a CL final and whipp the domestic league sideways. Can see Toulalan and Isco joining him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat May 11, 2013 5:18 pm

its about time city played some good football for a change, im happy for pelle finally got a real chance in the big time, since flo never intended to him more than a season
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Sat May 11, 2013 7:18 pm

Should announce it when the ref blows the whistle on the last game.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat May 11, 2013 7:20 pm

anyone but Mancini, those city fans chanting his name before the match rofl

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Sat May 11, 2013 7:45 pm

Man City should be bending over backwards to get Pelle....after the dire season mancini's had

Razz
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat May 11, 2013 8:12 pm

Who remembers Alcoron and Lyon in the Round of 16?

It was clear as day the City side were unsettled, no idea what they were doing leaking such a drastic change days before a final.

Only those with an agenda will hold this against Mancini.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat May 11, 2013 8:25 pm

did pellegrini choose his players?? Perez effectively chose the line up ffs
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Sat May 11, 2013 8:26 pm

Gil wrote:Who remembers Alcoron and Lyon in the Round of 16?

It was clear as day the City side were unsettled, no idea what they were doing leaking such a drastic change days before a final.

Only those with an agenda will hold this against Mancini.

and the owner who wants glory :coffee:
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Sat May 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Whats Pellegrini's record against big teams?
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat May 11, 2013 9:33 pm

Gil wrote:Who remembers Alcoron and Lyon in the Round of 16?

as opposed to wigan and ajax in the group? Laughing
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 13, 2013 10:49 am

Anyone read this yet? rofl

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2323509/Manuel-Pellegrini-replacing-Roberto-Mancini--British-manager-MARTIN-SAMUEL.html

urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Mon May 13, 2013 11:40 am

Dailymail = :facepalm:

'Newspapers' in general = :facepalm:
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon May 13, 2013 3:35 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Anyone read this yet? rofl

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2323509/Manuel-Pellegrini-replacing-Roberto-Mancini--British-manager-MARTIN-SAMUEL.html

Jerk
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 15, 2013 12:20 pm

Manuel Pellegrini has reportedly reached an agreement to terminate his contract with Malaga, allowing him to leave the club at the end of the season.

According to Spanish radio programme, El Partido De Las 12, Pellegrini has decided to leave the remaining one year and €4 million in salary on the table at the end of the season.

Pellegrini has been heavily linked with a move to Manchester City, which accelerated following the sacking of manager Roberto Mancini on Monday.

The report goes on to state that Golden Boy of the Year, Spanish U21 midfielder, Isco will also leave Malaga this summer and join Pellegrini in Manchester City.

This move comes as a massive blow to the Andalusian club, who were held together by Pellegrini’s leadership in a year where they were handed sanctions for unpaid debts and forced to sell of their best players before the season began, yet managed to reach the quarterfinals of the Champions League.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 15, 2013 2:25 pm

Pellegrini signs 2 year deal with Manchester City and will join the club in July.

http://www.malagahoy.es/article/malagacf/1523607/pellegrini/y/malaga/acuerdan/su/salida/julio.html

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 16, 2013 12:46 pm

Malaga have reportedly waived the €4 million release clause for manager, Manuel Pellegrini, allowing the Chilean to leave the club for free on 30th June and join any club he wishes for free.

According to Spanish newspaper, Diario Sur, Malaga, amid numerous off-field distractions and outstanding debts, the club and manager have had a long-standing agreement that the coach’s release clause would be waived should he request it.

Pellegrini’s inicial buyout clause was set at €2 million, but following his first successful season, was automatically raised to €4 million as per his contract.

Due to Malaga’s financial situation, it is perhaps more of a way to wipe the slate clean as Malaga have failed to pay Pellegrini several months worth of wages as they continue to struggle with outstanding debts.

Pellegrini has already made his decision and will likely make the formal announcement at the conclusion of the season, as the promise of a grandiose football club, poised to rival the duopoloy of Real Madrid and Barcelona with massive signings and an unlimited budget never came to fruition, but rather Pellegrini placed himself in the hearts of all Malaguistas due to his ability to keep a cool head and guide the club to unprecedented success.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon May 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Barcelona’s board of directors have reportedly sounded out current Malaga manager, Manuel Pellegrini as they are contemplating the idea of keeping current manager, Tito Vilanova in the front office for one season to allow his health to improve.

According to Spanish sports daily, Marca, Barcelona are planning the worst case scenario, as Tito continues to make routine trips to New York to undergo cancer treatment sessions.

Vilanova announced at his pre-match press conference ahead of this weekend’s match against Valladolid that he will leave on Monday morning and be gone through the week to meet with his doctors and receive another round of treatment.

While in New York, Vilanova will discuss his health and decided what the best course of action will be for his future and if he would be better off sitting on the sidelines until he receives a clean bill of health.

Barcelona president, Sandro Rosell is keen to keep Vilanova on as manager, but have sounded out Pellegrini to let him know that the Barcelona job is an option, while sporting director, Andoni Zubizarreta and Rosell will meet with Vilanova once he’s back from New York to discuss the immediate future of the club and who will be at the helm.

http://www.marca.com/2013/05/19/en/football/barcelona/1368979052.html

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon May 20, 2013 5:59 pm

Plsss Pellegrini, come to Man C! :bow:
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 20, 2013 6:18 pm

Not surprised at all Pelle is being considered for Tito's position.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 22, 2013 2:31 pm

Malaga coach Manuel Pellegrini says he is in his "last hours" with the club as he nears a summer switch to Manchester City.

The Chilean has been in charge of the Andalusian outfit for two seasons but is widely expected to replace Roberto Mancini, who was recently sacked by the Premier League club.

"Professionally, I'm going through my last hours at Malaga," he is quoted as saying by AS.

"Sunday will be my last game as coach of Malaga at La Rosaleda. It will be very emotional and I hoped to leave the club qualified for Europe with the mission accomplished, but the team's luck changed.

"The agreement with the club has been rewarding and fulfilling. Everyone has the right to move on. I'm not looking for [financial reward] but a for sporting project which allows me to feel fulfilled."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2013/05/22/3996821/pellegrini-these-are-my-last-hours-at-malaga

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 am

Pellegrini told Spanish TV channel Canal Sur: "I have a verbal agreement with them [Manchester City, ed.] and I hope it goes through."

The former Real Madrid manager did admit though that pen has not yet been put to paper.

"As of today I have not signed a contract. Until it is signed you cannot say that everything is done."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri May 31, 2013 3:13 pm

Pellegrini on his time at Villarreal, Real Madrid and Malaga.

Malaga manager, Manuel Pellegrini has opened the box on his spells at Villarreal, Real Madrid and Malaga, and explains why he chose to leave the Andalusian club and will ultimately join English Premier League side, Manchester City.

In an interview with Rafael Pineda of Spanish daily, El Pais, Pellegrini, who will manager Malaga for the final time this Saturday against Barcelona at the Camp Nou, explains what he will remember from his time at the club and why he decided now, after all he’s been through with the club, he chose to walk away.

“We arrived at a difficult moment [in November 2010] but the second half of the season we were among the best of the Liga teams. We got out of a hole and after a big investment the following season we were able to compete with Valencia, Atlético, Villarreal, Athletic and Sevilla. We qualified for the Champions League and this year was unforgettable, with Málaga able to compete on an even footing with any team in Europe.”

Pellegrini then explained that he didn’t ask for an explanation from Malaga on why things turned out so poorly, but noted, as early as January of this season, that he would have to leave.

“I didn’t ask for one and I didn’t get one. I am grateful for the trust placed in me by the owner but from a sporting viewpoint the path the board has chosen is not the best one. I couldn’t continue to be a part of it. I have to say my authority was never questioned by the owners and after the sale of [Santi] Cazorla and [Salomón] Rondón they made a nice gesture. I asked them to stop dismantling the team. After the two players mentioned, they planned to sell people such as [Jérémy] Toulalan, Joaquín, [Martín] Demichelis and [Júlio] Baptista. I told them that without these players we would not be able to compete and they stopped the sales. I recognize that, but the project was definitively undermined with the sale of [Nacho] Monreal in January. It was then I realized we would not be able to compete for a place in the Champions League.”

The Chilean then praised his former club, Villarreal for their business model, while blasting his former club, Real Madrid and Malaga for their lack of infrastructure.

“Villarreal has the ideal model, an example in every aspect. It was relegated but it has good infrastructure in sporting and administrative terms. I feel for Real Madrid because every year it makes enormous investments but doesn’t know how to focus them because it lacks a clear model of management as an institution. It hasn’t worked because of excessive authority and mistrust between people at the club. Málaga has no model at all. There was an idea and a big investment but the base was never there to move it into the future.”

Pellegrini then spoke about his time at Real Madrid, which many consider a failure before he was ultimately forced out to make way for another soon-to-be former Real Madrid manager, Jose Mourinho.

“I don’t know if my image from the outside is of a submissive or weak coach but I don’t need people at board level to be sacked to be able to change things. What I do need is that the club believes in my ideas. At Madrid they didn’t. I wanted to keep [Arjen] Robben and [Wesley] Sneijder and I think it was a huge mistake to sell them. Time has proved me right. Robben is a European champion and Sneijder was in 2010, when both were also runners-up at the World Cup. But I left Madrid with a clear conscience. We played well and fought with a great Barcelona team to the end.”

Pineda then stated “Falcao is leaving, maybe Isco too, and Barça has signed Neymar. The two-team league seems eternal…”

“There is no possibility of breaking the status quo. The difference in income is astronomic and it will only get worse. In 2004, when I arrived in Spain, Valencia, Atlético and Sevilla were as competitive as Madrid. Even Betis was buying expensive players. Now the possibility of competition is zero.”

Pellegrini concluded by stating that he had no regrets, other than not winning La Liga title with Real Madrid, but is proud of the work he’s done at Malaga and will miss La Liga.

“That I never won a title in Spain, especially with Real Madrid. I had won titles in every country I had worked before. It’s also not easy to be [Liga] runners-up with Villarreal or to take such a team to the Champions League semifinals. What we achieved with Málaga this season is also worthy of merit. But I never won anything, it’s true. It’s been nine years in a country that has embraced me warmly. Even in Madrid I felt the affection of the people despite what I saw as a systematic campaign to provoke my departure. It will be strange not to be part of La Liga.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:41 pm

Manuel Pellegrini is expected to be announced as Manchester City manager early next week, Sky Sports understands.

Speculation linking the Chilean with the Etihad Stadium hotseat has been rife for some time, with the 59-year-old confirming at the start of the month he would be entering into talks with the club.

Pellegrini led Malaga to the quarter-finals of the UEFA Champions League this season, where they were knocked out by eventual finalists Borussia Dortmund.

He now looks set to be tasked with leading City in the competition, after they twice failed to get out of the group stage under Roberto Mancini.

The club's owner Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan will also expect City to put up a stronger challenge for the Premier League, after they lost their crown to rivals Manchester United this season.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:18 pm

officially new city boss, 3 year deal
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next