Hire a temp coach?

+2
Zealous
eelir
6 posters

Go down

Hire a temp coach? Empty Hire a temp coach?

Post by eelir Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:38 am

Do you think it is possible to hire a temp coach? There are no news about this, and i think the club should react. I would try bringing Luis Enrique. He might not be that good, but he is probably better then Roura.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Hire a temp coach? Empty Re: Hire a temp coach?

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:26 pm

What would a temp coach do exactly? The only thing you can realistically change is your starting line up. A new coach wouldn't be able to change anything as far as how you play, he might make better subsitutions but that's about it imo.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:19 pm

Nah. Its pointless now, everything is already decieded more or less.

All someone has to do is hold onto the league.

If this would have happened as soon as Tito went down, maybe, but none of us had any way of knowing how bad Roura is.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:53 pm

People inside the club should have known this. How in the world could such a mistake be made in Barca?
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:49 pm

Well lets be honest, did any of us say we should hire a temp coach at the time?

None of us knew how long Tito would be out, I also guess neither did the board.

At the time, I did say maybe we should get someone...but I wasnt demanding it, because I had no idea who or how long Tito would be out.

So to be fair, its hard to blame anyone here, its not an easy decision.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:00 pm

Well Dani the thing is that Tito was only supposed to be out for a month. I don't think it's fair to place blame either as it seemed at the time that no one knew any better, but if Rosell did know that Tito would be in New York til at least March then he should've considered bringing someone in like Luis Enrique that would already be familiar with the system.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:31 pm

True perhaps, but I find it quite niave to think it would be just one month with certainty. Its not a sprained ankle, timelines seem pretty silly.

I believe they knew this.

Did they know for this long? I doubt it. If they did, then yes they should of sought or at least considered something else.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:45 am

If we all knew that Roura was this bad we should have got someone like Enrique but its pointless now...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:51 am

The only thing I can blame is not having a good assistant coach.
I mean Pep had Tito as his second hand someone who can take after the team whenever he is gone.
But what did Jordi Roura ever do in his career other then come to La Masia at age 15 to grant him assistant coach.

"Roura spent the early part of the 2007–08 season at the helm of CE L'Hospitalet in division three, being fired in late December 2007 as his team eventually suffered relegation. In 2009 he was part of the Barcelona team of observers in Pep Guardiola’s technical staff; for the following three years, he was in charge of analysing club rivals."

I mean for heavens sake he got fired from a division three team and now he has been incharge of our club for the past month and a half possibly more.

And this is coming from someone who likes the man but not when he is incharge of us, I would feel much safer if we had Xavi player managing the squad rather than Roura and let him do his analysis on club rivals.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:06 am

Donuts wrote:The only thing I can blame is not having a good assistant coach.
I mean Pep had Tito as his second hand someone who can take after the team whenever he is gone.
But what did Jordi Roura ever do in his career other then come to La Masia at age 15 to grant him assistant coach.

"Roura spent the early part of the 2007–08 season at the helm of CE L'Hospitalet in division three, being fired in late December 2007 as his team eventually suffered relegation. In 2009 he was part of the Barcelona team of observers in Pep Guardiola’s technical staff; for the following three years, he was in charge of analysing club rivals."

I mean for heavens sake he got fired from a division three team and now he has been incharge of our club for the past month and a half possibly more.

And this is coming from someone who likes the man but not when he is incharge of us, I would feel much safer if we had Xavi player managing the squad rather than Roura and let him do his analysis on club rivals.

Actually prefer if we don't have a player-manager tbh. The responsibility on his shoulders will mean both limited time on the pitch and possibily poorer performances. Probably doesn't have a clear view of how players are performing, tactics etc. when he is on the pitch. Other major, minor reasons why player-managing wouldn't work but think of them atm.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum