djoe26
sportsczy
Highburied
furiouswindbottom
Jay29
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tottenham 2 - 1 Arsenal: Individual errors damage Arsenal's top four chances - Page 2 Empty Re: Tottenham 2 - 1 Arsenal: Individual errors damage Arsenal's top four chances

Post by EL Patron Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:03 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Ramsey worked very hard all game and did have some good moments, but he did tend to spend a bit long on the ball and lacked end product - some of his crosses were dismal, and his shot when clean through one-on-one lacked conviction. So I'd say it was a mixed performance.

Ramsey will do the running and stick a foot in but he just doesn't have that creative side to his game. People expect him to do too much.

EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 2 - 1 Arsenal: Individual errors damage Arsenal's top four chances - Page 2 Empty Re: Tottenham 2 - 1 Arsenal: Individual errors damage Arsenal's top four chances

Post by worms Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:04 pm

Ramsey was awful today,his crosses were abysmal.Also I don't think Wilshere had a good game,he lost the ball too much.We all know your CB's played poor so lets not go there.

Where's Lex? Yesterday I said quote me on it when you laughed at me because I said Tottenham would win.Well......
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:05 pm

Arsenal dominate possession. Make defensive errors. Can't finish at the other end. Lose.

Been here before. Except this time, it ends with Europa League.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:09 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Arsenal dominate possession. Make defensive errors. Can't finish at the other end. Lose.

Been here before. Except this time, it ends with Europa League.

Next year will be decisive imo. if we keep trusting Ramsey and co , we are going through some hard times like Liverpool
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:26 pm

A fairly good derby, if a little tentative.

You lot got undone by two FIFA-esque goals, otherwise there was nothing in it. One would have been understandable, two's too many.

Also Giroud is too easy to defend against.

If Wenger gets Arsenal in top-4 still, it'll be quite an achievement.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:39 pm

worms wrote:Where's Lex? Yesterday I said quote me on it when you laughed at me because I said Tottenham would win.Well......
You sure showed us how to do it against Madri......oh wait. Against Mila......oh wait. What about the Copa De.....oh wait, you got KO'd out of that, too Sad
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:51 pm

Lex wrote:
worms wrote:Where's Lex? Yesterday I said quote me on it when you laughed at me because I said Tottenham would win.Well......
You sure showed us how to do it against Madri......oh wait. Against Mila......oh wait. What about the Copa De.....oh wait, you got KO'd out of that, too Sad

Lex dont bother bro.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:02 pm

Tottenham 2 - 1 Arsenal: Individual errors damage Arsenal's top four chances - Page 2 BEdfJuqCQAE8pnk

@DeanLDN22
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:07 pm

:bow:
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:22 pm

#blameRamsey #blameLex for not attending that game.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:33 am

We work the hell out to score a goal..
And concede soft goals too easily..
it can be a Kos or Verm owngoal, a free header from a corner when every one is ball watching from their respective zones, Vermelen getting caught out of position on a forward run, Metskr getting bullied or failing to close a shot.. Or even Sczeny flapping one at the wrong time..
We are never going to get points if we keep conceding these silly goals especially against better sides...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:42 am

david dein was in attendance, i think he should come back.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:56 am

You guys were OK, I thought.

But controlling the game? Dominating the game?

I don't really think so. Did we watch the same match?

You can talk all you want about possession and the amount of shots, but Spurs had 4 clear cut chances, 2 of which were scored. Arsenal had a header which may have gone wide without an unlucky touch from Bale, and a decent, but not clear cut, opportunity from Ramsey. And if we're going to count that one, I might as well add that Defoe had an chance to score one that was at about that difficulty level.

Other than that, I can't think of much Arsenal created. They dilly dallied around the Spurs box but never really made much of it. Spurs were far more dangerous at every point in the game, even though I think Arsenal might have been the better side for the first half hour.

It should have been Spurs 4-1 really. And if we count every single clear cut opportunity + very decent opportunity, funnily enough, it would have been Spurs 5-2 (adding Defoe and Ramsey).

I'm not trying to wind anyone up or troll or make you guys feel like crap, I just disagree with many comments here about dominating the game and all that.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:24 am

Arsenal looked like the home side. Inept in the final third but still dominating most of the game. Lost because our defence is awful/disorganised and Tottenham had pace to capitalise. For goodness sake how can our defence be playing an offside trap when we are have stopped pressing. Complete idiocy. Tottenham were totally unimpressive, they counter attacked us slightly better than villa did last week and obviously could have scored another as we went all out to equalise, we were playing cazorla, wilshere, rosicky, podolski, Giroud, and Walcott at one point with Ramsey at RB

We did not look like scoring because two thirds of our forward line are useless, passing the ball forward is like giving it away, providing spurs wit plenty or counter opportunities. Wilshere is not atm got the final pass to unlock defences on a consistent basis. But it seems Wenger is adapting him to this new role as he thinks that is where he will play for the future, im not against it because it seems cazorla is better on the left
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:30 am

Pointless possession, lack of goalscoring chances, and getting beat on the counterattack does not mean you guys dominated the game though. Hell your goal came off a set piece.

I say this with full confidence being a Barca fan. I've been where Arsenal were last game many times, I used to think it was dominating, because of the perceived control Barca would have on the match. I've realized that's completely wrong.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:41 am

Our possession wasn't pointless, we were moving it effectively in between Tottenham midfield and defence and looked quite dangerous, our forwards were pointless. When Giroud showed for the ball he lost it and when Walcott showed for the ball.... wait, he didnt
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:06 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Our possession wasn't pointless, we were moving it effectively in between Tottenham midfield and defence and looked quite dangerous, our forwards were pointless. When Giroud showed for the ball he lost it and when Walcott showed for the ball.... wait, he didnt

Your possession was decent and perhaps I'm harsh when I call it pointless- what I mean to say is, it didn't really culminate in anything dangerous.

You can pass circles around Brave Scotty Parker between the midfield and defense but to get back to my original point, I don't see how that constituted as any of you saying you dominated the game.

I'm not going to harp on this point because at the end of the day Tottenham didn't put those chances away, but it should have been a 4-1 beating.

You guys were weak on defense and as you said, your forwards couldn't do jack. You guys can say you had a great game in the midfield and to be fair you did, but that's about it as far as I'm concerned.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:27 am

I agree with CBarca. We never looked a threat in the entire game. Our attack had zero bite. We often have the ball but don't know what to do with it. I wish we wouldn't just keep putting it out wide and crossing it into an empty box, or driving forward and having nowhere to go, so we just pass it back to someone else.

Also, dude youre like THE Spurs fan on the forum, you should add like a tottenham sig, or avatar or put them in your clubs supported (because youre name is already CBarca, by your name people already know you support them)

Represent bro!
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 am

Thanks Very Happy

But people know I support Tottenham so I don't need to have them represented. As much as I do like and support Tottenham though, Barca are the one team truly in my heart. It would feel like I'm betraying Barca if I replaced them as club supported.

Might look into having a Tottenham avatar though. Arteta is getting old and although I like the picture, having an Arsenal player in my picture is less than optimal.

A bit off topic but I had nothing to add here and I wanted to respond Razz

EDIT: It has been done. AVB :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:30 am

ok gonna post a rant I made in the other thread

Seriously, why si everyone here avoiding the fact that Wenger's complete idiocracy cost us a comeback draw?

The Ref gave 6 minutes extra time, 6 NOT FVCKING 2. arsenal have been $hit in the air for the past 5 years, why did Wenger watch his boys waste countless airball over airball, WHY?

the Dictattor has to go, nothing more, he does not even understand his team anymore

THAT WAS WHAT ANNOYED ME MOST..

The Dictator was sitting right there in the stadium, knowing how $hit we are on air and for 6 minutes every through ball we made was fvcking wasted.

and someone would later tell me to trust in him
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Most of the Spurs chances came around the same period during the game when we were so shell-shocked for whatever reason that we didn't know up from down. If we had more players who tried to make things happen instead of just keep the ball, we could have had significantly more chances, but even then we had a number of chances that were squandered (Giroud's ponderous touch when one-on-one with Lloris, ball being just behind Podolski when he would have had a glorious chance, Ramsey's chance, etc.)

What we lack is possession players who know when it's correct to keep possession and when they need to make something happen. When our midfield was Rosicky - Flamini - Cesc - Hleb, any one of them, whether they bothered to shoot or not (which was the old criticism), would at least try to play direct balls in behind. Diaby is another player from that midfield era who is very direct when there is an opportunity, but that just doesn't happen anymore bar the occasional slow, over-the-top ball that isn't dangerous. We just aren't as ruthless and can't open up locked defences anymore, and the players that are more direct (Rosicky, Arshavin, Diaby) don't play.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:03 pm

Theo is all grown up and he must step up his game. Giroud is not the answer, we need a striker that will score out of nowhere.

We need a Monster in the middle, that protects the defenders.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:42 pm

aleumdance wrote:ok gonna post a rant I made in the other thread

Seriously, why si everyone here avoiding the fact that Wenger's complete idiocracy cost us a comeback draw?

The Ref gave 6 minutes extra time, 6 NOT FVCKING 2. arsenal have been $hit in the air for the past 5 years, why did Wenger watch his boys waste countless airball over airball, WHY?

the Dictattor has to go, nothing more, he does not even understand his team anymore

THAT WAS WHAT ANNOYED ME MOST..

The Dictator was sitting right there in the stadium, knowing how $hit we are on air and for 6 minutes every through ball we made was fvcking wasted.

and someone would later tell me to trust in him

To be honest you guys played on the ground the whole game and you still didn't score from it and didn't create many chances that way, either.

Your only goal was a header.

While I do agree with you that in 6 minutes you guys really should have tried passing it on the ground rather than in the air (Vertonghen and Dawson are both very good in the air and Lloris is amazing in the air as well), I can see why Wenger might have thought that would have been your best chance with Mert and Giroud up there, rather than playing it on the ground which didn't create much all game and would probably create even less with how packed and narrow Spurs were playing at the end.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2