BarrileteCosmico
LeSwagg James
Lex
RedOranje
CBarca
42 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Why are Spurs so disliked here? Empty Why are Spurs so disliked here?

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:25 am

I don't get it.

Spurs consistently play some of the best football in the league, consistently challenge and create what would be a dull top 4 race into an exhilarating top 4 race, make the North London Derby's interesting (as much as it pains me to say as a Barca fan, NLD >>>> El Clasico easily at the moment), and yet, they never get any recognition.

Spurs have the most likeable, attractive, stud manager in the league by far. And the players are even better- Spurs have one of the best defenders in the league in the Belgian GOAT, arguably the best keeper in Lloris, and the most complete CM in the EPL in Dembele. Brave Scotty Parker goes without saying. Dempsey is American which is awesome, Holtby keeps the Bundesliga fappers happy, and Bale is most exciting player to watch in the world right now. Lennon is the best RW in the league and despite underrated he is.. Spurs also play without a striker, which should keep La Liga fanboys happy, too.

Is there one unlikeable player on Spurs?

I could understand the hate when Redknapp was the manager...he's not a well liked person, but even then the team itself was awesome.

They're the Pride of London at the moment and they still aren't well liked on this forum for reasons I don't understand.

They are a team for the people, and nobody even recognizes it.

Why the continued hate?

Some gems for the ride home:

Spoiler:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Why are Spurs so disliked here? Empty Re: Why are Spurs so disliked here?

Post by RedOranje Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:32 am

And the fans are all long-serving and humble. Rolling Eyes
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:37 am

The superiority complex doesn't help matters, either
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:40 am

How are they the EPL's best team if they're so far behind United?
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:41 am

Because Arsenal fans are any better?

Spoiler:

Spurs fans aren't that bad anyhow and you guys are completely ignoring the team here. Every team has their bad fans and their good fans.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:42 am

We're addressing why the club isn't much liked on these forums... in this case, it's the apparent neediness and arrogance of the club's representative.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:45 am

Huge amount of Arsenal fans have given them a bad rep
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:48 am

Fair enough but if anyone can explain to me why Spurs fans are any worse than any other fans, then that would be appreciated. Because many fans of other clubs aren't exactly "long serving and humble" (said sarcastically), either.

And on completely footballing terms, there is hardly a better team to support in all of England. And I doubt many people here have even talked with a true Spurs fan (I'm not one).
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:51 am

CBarca wrote: there is hardly a better team to support in all of England
Swansea?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:55 am

CBarca wrote:Fair enough but if anyone can explain to me why Spurs fans are any worse than any other fans, then that would be appreciated. Because many fans of other clubs aren't exactly "long serving and humble" (said sarcastically), either.

And on completely footballing terms, there is hardly a better team to support in all of England. And I doubt many people here have even talked with a true Spurs fan (I'm not one).

There you go. They're not (for the most part) making threads claiming their club is the best in their respective national competition and demanding some type of recognition/support. And the few that do make such threads tends to be counterbalanced by others supporting the same clubs that are a bit more grounded. The clubs tend to have a mix of supporters, so again, those that are fairly new are counterbalanced by others that ARE "long-serving" and/or "humble." You, being Spurs only "supporter" who just so happened to start supporting them when they finally made it into the CL and who also spends time making threads that sound like you're whinging because you deserve to be treated like a big boy and sit at the adult table hurts Spurs' overall status on the board more than it helps...
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:17 am

Same reason Atletico is. Their rivals on here have a large fan base where as they do not. You'll often hear an lol pathetico Madrid said and everyone will have a laugh.

I wouldn't say spurs are hated as much as they are not taken seriously. But if both manage to hold on to their current players in the near future I think that will change.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:21 am

Damn, a little more cranky than usual, RedO.

CB, I really do not know what to tell you, man, but this thread only proves your point further.

Swagg, did you even bother to read the original post? If not, please keep your thoughts to yourself.

I cannot really comment on why people dislike the Spurs, but I fail to see why/how fans of them should matter. I could care less how the Barcelona fans act, that has nothing to do with Barcelona as a club. I enjoy their style and will look to watch there games when it is convenient.

I happen to support Serie A and I like when we have strong teams, I think it is a positive for any league. It is a shame you guys had to miss out on Champions League football, it would have been nice to see what you guys could have accomplished.

CB did not make a thread claiming anything, he just stated his opinion on the club and asked why people dislike them. He did not ask why people do not think they are the best, he did not demand recognition or respect. Anyway, CB, I think people are starting to view them as a threat and that is a scary thought (so many of the big clubs are either declining, at a standstill or only making limited progress and it must hurt to see the Spurs doing so well.

I will end my post on this note, is this the same RedO who said this last night

RedOranje wrote:There's no reason why topics always need to be made into confrontations.
hmm

I normally would keep my mouth shut, but I felt you could have done the same. I think CB put a lot into his thread and it is a shame that people are getting on this way...

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:22 am

He asked a question, I gave an answer. Pretty clear difference between what that post was referring to and this, but people do have a tendency to ignore unimportant things like context. Rolling Eyes
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:34 am

I don't know if you just misinterpreted his words/question, but I did not feel like you answered HIS question. So I find it quite ironic that you would bring up context. You act as if I am some forum troll, I expected more from you and I will leave it at that.

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:12 am

I'd take Red's post more seriously if half of what I said was serious, which isn't the case...

You, being Spurs only "supporter" who just so happened to start supporting them when they finally made it into the CL and who also spends time making threads that sound like you're whinging because you deserve to be treated like a big boy and sit at the adult table hurts Spurs' overall status on the board more than it helps...

That's profoundly untrue on several levels...

You don't need to venture 5 threads down in the Spurs section to even see why I like to support Spurs in the EPL Rolling Eyes and I've stated it before. But believe what you want. Again, the last part in that quote I would take more personally if what I said in the OP was serious.

Regardless, the question raised by the thread is still serious. And my I do still wonder why Spurs are disliked when you actually have people from other clubs acting high and mighty as well, but are actually very serious about it.

VendettaRed07 wrote:Same reason Atletico is. Their rivals on here have a large fan base where as they do not. You'll often hear an lol pathetico Madrid said and everyone will have a laugh.

I wouldn't say spurs are hated as much as they are not taken seriously. But if both manage to hold on to their current players in the near future I think that will change.

Why would someone's view of a club be moulded by the large amount fans of a rival team? That's stupid. It's not just Arsenal fans, it's a large amount of the forum that seems to dislike Tottenham for reasons that I don't understand.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:28 am

THC 10 wrote:Damn, a little more cranky than usual, RedO.

CB, I really do not know what to tell you, man, but this thread only proves your point further.

Swagg, did you even bother to read the original post? If not, please keep your thoughts to yourself.

I cannot really comment on why people dislike the Spurs, but I fail to see why/how fans of them should matter. I could care less how the Barcelona fans act, that has nothing to do with Barcelona as a club. I enjoy their style and will look to watch there games when it is convenient.

I happen to support Serie A and I like when we have strong teams, I think it is a positive for any league. It is a shame you guys had to miss out on Champions League football, it would have been nice to see what you guys could have accomplished.

CB did not make a thread claiming anything, he just stated his opinion on the club and asked why people dislike them. He did not ask why people do not think they are the best, he did not demand recognition or respect. Anyway, CB, I think people are starting to view them as a threat and that is a scary thought (so many of the big clubs are either declining, at a standstill or only making limited progress and it must hurt to see the Spurs doing so well.

I will end my post on this note, is this the same RedO who said this last night

RedOranje wrote:There's no reason why topics always need to be made into confrontations.
hmm

I normally would keep my mouth shut, but I felt you could have done the same. I think CB put a lot into his thread and it is a shame that people are getting on this way...

Under the thread title it says 'best team in the EPL' .. The best team in the EPL is the team that is crushing everybody else in points, Manchester United

Just like Barca are the best team in La Liga at the moment, regardless if we beat them twice since there are 18 other teams out there, and they have played better against the majority of the league

Last edited by Swagg on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:29 am

It's not the amount of fans persay, it's that there is nothing to contest the say of a certain fanbases views. Spurs seem hated because rival fans on the forum can take almost uncontested jabs at them. Were as if someone were to take a jab at juventus or Barca or Madrid etc the defense would come running to counter just like the fire department

It's also their ambition. They want to rise the ranks and become an elite team.. Which is why I think fans of other elite teams also like to take jabs.. unlike say Everton, who aren't realistically trying to outdo any teams just trying to do the best they can

VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:46 am

That's a fair enough answer and I appreciate the response.

I see where that breeds grounds for people to make fun of Spurs the same way (as you mentioned) Atletico are, but I hardly see that as a reason to dislike the club scratch
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:46 am

I actually don't mind them. I am not a fan of Bale TBH but AVB is a stud, you can't hate on him Razz
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:54 am

Reading through original post, I did not get the impression that CB was making that claim (but to be fair, he was not being serious). While there was some light hearted humor in the thread, I did feel that CB posed a legitimate question and while I was hit with some deception (it would not be Goal Legacy without a little of that) I still feel like I correctly interpreted 85-90 percent of it.

VendettaRed07 wrote:Same reason Atletico is. Their rivals on here have a large fan base where as they do not. You'll often hear an lol pathetico Madrid said and everyone will have a laugh.

VendettaRed07 wrote:It's not the amount of fans persay, it's that there is nothing to contest the say of a certain fanbases views. Spurs seem hated because rival fans on the forum can take almost uncontested jabs at them. Were as if someone were to take a jab at juventus or Barca or Madrid etc the defense would come running to counter just like the fire department

VendettaRed07 wrote:
It's also their ambition. They want to rise the ranks and become an elite team.. Which is why I think fans of other elite teams also like to take jabs.. unlike say Everton, who aren't realistically trying to outdo any teams just trying to do the best they can

So much so that a poster created a thread asking for that name to be banned from being used. I understand the notion, but I think that is a poor reason to hate/dislike a team. In other words, people on this forum would rather take shots at defenseless clubs, instead of going after clubs with fans that can defend themselves...I guess that should not shock me.

So other top teams just want the rest of the league to lay down and take it? Where is the fun in that? What happened to good 'ol competition. I personally like when the league I support is strong, it makes winning the league that much more of an achievement.

Swagg - Technically that does not count as the original post, so I will ask again did you read the original post? Anyway, I missed that part under the thread title and for that, I feel like quite the Douche Sad
But I will stand by my defense of: CB, being CB. OBJECTION, YOUR HONOR!

Confused Dom is confused. This thread is filled with so much (I cannot think of the word) that I am starting to lost the ability to tell what it what.

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:01 am

It's not just this forum though, majority of football fans hate or just don't give credit to Spurs, CB has a point tbh.

Maybe it is the superiority complex that their fans have the second their team is relevant. hmm

I personally hate them because they are just one more team that we have to fight against for a CL spot.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzza Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:10 am

It's a superiority complex.They're jealous they got good the respectful way not the city & chelsea sugar daddy way. Now fans of the traditional big clubs with a lot more fans and are respected more in world football - liverpool, arsenal, chelseas are worried they may have to compete with them for a cl spot regularly and are scared of some competitiveness. People think it's sad for football that these clubs decline, when we get to see some new teams compete, so they constantly remind spurs they have a better history and such.

Muzza
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:37 am

THC 10 wrote:Reading through original post, I did not get the impression that CB was making that claim (but to be fair, he was not being serious). While there was some light hearted humor in the thread, I did feel that CB posed a legitimate question and while I was hit with some deception (it would not be Goal Legacy without a little of that) I still feel like I correctly interpreted 85-90 percent of it.

VendettaRed07 wrote:It's not the amount of fans persay, it's that there is nothing to contest the say of a certain fanbases views. Spurs seem hated because rival fans on the forum can take almost uncontested jabs at them. Were as if someone were to take a jab at juventus or Barca or Madrid etc the defense would come running to counter just like the fire department

VendettaRed07 wrote:

So much so that a poster created a thread asking for that name to be banned from being used. I understand the notion, but I think that is a poor reason to hate/dislike a team. In other words, people on this forum would rather take shots at defenseless clubs, instead of going after clubs with fans that can defend themselves...I guess that should not shock me.

So other top teams just want the rest of the league to lay down and take it? Where is the fun in that? What happened to good 'ol competition. I personally like when the league I support is strong, it makes winning the league that much more of an achievement.

I'm not saying that's it's like justified I just think that's the reason lol

It is better to have more competition, it always makes things more interesting, but because of spurs lack of success in the past they are basically going through a sort of hazing I guess, kind a like a freshman in highschool goes through.

Some of it may sound really mean too, but honestly I think a lot of it isn't really meant to hurt anyone's feelings it's just jokes that are meant to be in good fun
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:41 am

The primary reason is the large amount of Arsenal fans on this forum. Arsenal isn't exactly doing amazing things at the moment, so bitter fans will lash out at superior teams such as Spurs to alleviate their frustrations.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:41 am

My responses were only directed at your points, I understand that you were not claiming to follow them.

To be honest with you, if a team is receiving hate, they must be doing something right. If you aren't seen as a threat, other teams will not even bother mentioning you. So in other words, all this hate is a good sign for the Spurs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next