danyjr
Niyameddin
futbol
BarrileteCosmico
The Franchise
free_cat
10 posters

Go down

Question for CBarca: Gareth Bale. Empty Question for CBarca: Gareth Bale.

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:16 pm

I've been thinking lately on our forward line for future seasons.
It seems Neymar is coming and he would probably take LW spot and Villa probably leave. Neymar is a good player, but he creates doubts in terms of workrate and teamplay and linking up. Will we need to play with two balls?

So I was thinking Bale has a good workrate and he could be also a game changer aside Messi that we are sometimes missing. From what I've seen, he has great stamina, workrate and having been a (poor) fullback good defensive concepts. However, is his passing and lik up play good enough for us? I she too individualistic to play with Messi?

He would also be very helpful when defending set pieces. He is quite OK in the air and would add some height to the team.

What would you sign of a forward line of Villa - Messi - Bale?
Deulofeu - Messi - Bale?
Or Neymar - Messi - Bale?

We've got Deulofeu coming through, and although I believe he will be world class, I can't see a forward line of Neymar - Messi - Deulofeu except maybe at home against easy teams.

I don't think it's very likely that we sign Bale, and if we sign Neymar it would be almost impossible.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Question for CBarca: Gareth Bale. Empty Re: Question for CBarca: Gareth Bale.

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:26 pm

Can I say, I am not sure Bale does have workrate anymore. More recently when he played on the left, he wasnt helping the fullback at all and they were getting 2 v 1's.

Now he plays in the middle, behind the striker, so I dont know.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:31 pm

He is probably asked to not waste his energy much as he is now the star player of his team.

But he used to have workrate, didn't he? Having workrate it's a mentality and physical thing, I suppose he can get it back easily if instructed.

What do you think about Bale Dani, could it work? Work better than currently or with signing Neymar..?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:43 pm

He did and no question he has amazing stamina, if he isnt doing it now its only effort or instruction I agree.

I dont know about Bale honestly Free..I think so much of what he has been doing well, we may not be able to take advantage of.

For example, when he played on the left, he put in tons of crosses a game. I dont think we want that, especially as we dont have anyone on the end of those crosses.

But that doesnt mean he wouldnt be able to do other things, hes a talented player.

Right now he plays in that role behind the striker and I see him dribbling and getting up to a high speed, or taking long shots which he can be very dangerous from.

He to me, would be at least as questionable as Neymar but Neymar I believe might be something much more special. Both are a risk for different reasons but right now I hav a better feeling about Neymar.

Overall, I will defer to other peoples knowledge on this one. Its very difficult.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:48 pm

I think that Bale for us would play as RW, which is close to his current AM role.

Leaving aside the workrate, I don't think Neymar is questionable. He is perfectly suited to the LW position, has great finishing, dribling, technique and link up. He suits us.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:04 pm

I agree he has all those things, but how will he fare playing European football at a higher speed, how will it effect him that playing on the left he will have less freedom in his movement, how will it effect him not being the star player anymore..things like that.

In terms of football I have no question about Neymar, he is incredibly talented.

Bale on the right makes more sense than the left (for us) I agree about that.

I am eager to hear what CB thinks for sure.

EDIT: And here is something relevant, just to take a look at.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:13 pm

Given that alexis is on the market and will oi back to serie a this summer I'm willing to give a RW shared between Pedro and deulofeu a chance. Not sure if the sporting team sees deulofeu as good enough to promote though. So if there us confidence on Gerard then I don't see the point of bale.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:53 pm

Deulofeu is good enough for sure. Attacking wise, he will go on to be world class.

However, he is selfish and lacks workrate and stamina. Especially if we sign Neymar, it seems impossible to have 3 low workrate - ball hoggers in the forward line and make it work.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:37 pm

Bale tactically doesn't fit into Barcelona. He might be on a purple patch right now with total freedom at Tottenham. For example he plays centrally and takes 5 shots per game. At Barcelona only Messi takes 5 shots per game and the second most shots per game is 1.4 (!), averaged by Pedro. Laughing But once he's shunted out wide, asked to do pressing and dirt work, combine in tight spaces and recycle possession, do tactical work and all that stuff, he'd look totally out of his depth. Which would make his confidence plummet. Which would stunt his development. Which would make him look like Alexis Sanchez right now. It's so obvious I can already see the scenario infront of my eyes like a fortune teller looking into his crystal ball. Laughing

Being a winger at Barcelona is the hardest thing ever. Remember the difficulties Henry had at the beginning of his Barca career? And Henry was a World Cup winning and proven world class striker. Even Villa said how hard it was to adapt and that he tried to learn from Pedro despite the fact that Villa actually played with the Spain squad in pretty much the same system for years. Which is why I think that Nerman will also fail. He'll come as the superstar from a joke league to play the tactically most demanding position in world football against packed defenses week in week out and it will be a cultural shock for him. And once the confidence is gone we'll have what? That's right. Another Alexis Sanchez.

Bookmark this. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Niyameddin Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:18 pm

Becoming a starter in Barca is not an easy task. Many star players tried it but failed. I think Bale suits Madrid who play like an EPL team. In Barca you need ability to play in tight spaces

Niyameddin
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:15 am

futbol wrote:Bale tactically doesn't fit into Barcelona. He might be on a purple patch right now with total freedom at Tottenham. For example he plays centrally and takes 5 shots per game. At Barcelona only Messi takes 5 shots per game and the second most shots per game is 1.4 (!), averaged by Pedro. Laughing But once he's shunted out wide, asked to do pressing and dirt work, combine in tight spaces and recycle possession, do tactical work and all that stuff, he'd look totally out of his depth. Which would make his confidence plummet. Which would stunt his development. Which would make him look like Alexis Sanchez right now. It's so obvious I can already see the scenario infront of my eyes like a fortune teller looking into his crystal ball. Laughing

Being a winger at Barcelona is the hardest thing ever. Remember the difficulties Henry had at the beginning of his Barca career? And Henry was a World Cup winning and proven world class striker. Even Villa said how hard it was to adapt and that he tried to learn from Pedro despite the fact that Villa actually played with the Spain squad in pretty much the same system for years. Which is why I think that Nerman will also fail. He'll come as the superstar from a joke league to play the tactically most demanding position in world football against packed defenses week in week out and it will be a cultural shock for him. And once the confidence is gone we'll have what? That's right. Another Alexis Sanchez.

Bookmark this. :coffee:

This.

Bale's reputation will be completely destroyed if he joins Barça. His strengths are completely antonym to Barcelona's style of play. He needs freedom and yards of space to show his class, something you barely get as soon as you put that Barcelona shirt on. I would roflcopter at Barcelona's sporting directors if they decide to sign him, not only because he will be massively overpriced (think about it: 27 year old Flopdrić cost Madrid €40 million) but also because he is more useless than a statue against a team defending with 10 men, hell, Alexis is more useful in that scenario while still being shite.

Just remember, Alexis was not a bad player prior to joining Barcelona. In fact he was a bloody awesome player. However, he was a piece of jigsaw that wasn't fit Barça's puzzle. Same with Bale, due to pretty much the same reasons.

Don't make a mistake by paying an overpriced fee and ruining a talent otherwise it'll be a lose-lose for both parties.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:48 am

You guys, lol. I've got homework to do so I'll type something up, maybe I'll add more to it later.

Rather than putting together blocks of what I think, I'll be a bit more brief due to the above reason, and reply to specific points.

From what I've seen, he has great stamina, workrate and having been a (poor) fullback good defensive concepts. However, is his passing and lik up play good enough for us? I she too individualistic to play with Messi?

Bale's stamina is terrific. He's like Dani Alves- the guy can run forever. This should be evident by his games against Inter Milan when he first made his name on the world stage. At the end of a game Tottenham were thrashed 4-0, he was able to make two lung bursting, Maicon raping runs. He did the same all game long in the reverse fixture in the 3-1 win. This is something that goes without saying. His workrate as Dani brought up, is questionable. Right now he's playing in the middle, and he does close down, but his work rate is hardly something you'd commend. He does what Messi should be doing every game, in terms of workrate. When he played on the left earlier in the season? As Dani mentioned, his work rate still was not top class. It was good, but it wasn't Alexis or Pedro.

But I've watched him before and the kid has work rate, he's got ability, he's not arrogant like Ronaldo. I feel if he doesn't go the path of Ronaldo in terms of arrogance and ego, he'll be able to work near as hard as the Pedro's of this world. He has the ability. Right now he's not showing it due to position and due to what I think are instructions to conserve energy for the runs he makes (this makes sense...Bale gets better and better as the game progresses due to space and due to him having more energy recently because of these instructions. He's become a bit like RVP in his ability to save Tottenham late on because he does get better as the game goes on usually). I'm not sure workrate would be a problem.

His passing is good enough for us. Yes it is. I'm not going to say every pass of his is perfect, because it's not, but it's more than good enough for Barca standard. There has never been a time where I watched Bale and thought he was a poor passer. His crossing is fantastic (however useless for us), he can make pretty good cross field passes, and his passing in tight situations, while not exceptional, is good enough.

Link up play he is good enough for us as well. One thing he can improve here is his off the ball running. Bale is the main man on Tottenham right now. Even when the likes of Modric, VDV, and King were at Tottenham last season, Bale was still one of the "main guys". On the LW he was much more a "give me the ball and let me run at the defender". Now in the middle, it's the same thing really, if not worse. He is however, very capable of making off the ball runs and getting into goalscoring positions. He did so twice against Arsenal, one pass just missing him, and one resulting in a goal. I see him try to do it whenever he is up that far, and he's capable. He doesn't do it so often, not like Alexis, not like 10-11 Pedro, but he can and it's something that can be worked on.

I don't see Bale make off the ball runs to create space for anyone, however, and that may be a concern. The reason he doesn't is because people make off the ball runs to create space for him.

On the last point. No. Yeah he's the Messi on Tottenham right now, but he's showed for years that he's not too individualistic. He likes to have the ball though.

Here's another topic point. Where would Bale play, on the left, or on the right?

Bale's played on the left his entire career until recently. Now he's in the middle, drifting both right and left, deep, wherever he wants. On the left where he's played, he's been your Lennon on the left, your Valencia on the left. Good old fashioned winger "beat your man get in the cross". When he's played on the left this season...he hasn't been any different. He's too damn left footed for anything else.

Bale on the right raises question marks too, though. He's played there before, but not for whole games. If things aren't working, often times you will see Bale and Lennon switch sides. I hate when they do this. Why? Lennon's too damn right footed, and Bale's too damn left footed. They both get out wide, cut back, and cross with their dominant foot. At least on their respective sides they can make off the ball runs on the opposing full back or go on the outside of them and get near the 18 yard box (or in it) before they hit it across goal or put in a cross.

Bale on the right is something that has never impressed me. He played in the middle vs Fulham but drifted towards the right. He did so against Liverpool too. The result? He mostly was limited to inswinging crosses. He can dribble with his left foot in and put in a shot, but he's not the greatest at it. Most of the time he's done this is when he starts slightly right in the middle of the field, turns left and takes a shot as opposed to 08-09 Messi beating one, beating two, playing a one-two with someone and then putting in a shot. He hasn't shown that ability.

Now, he does play in the AM role where he often drifts right. He's great in this role- problem is, how much width will he provide? If he's playing RW, he'll have to provide more than he does. The roles are a bit similar, but not entirely. We've seen how much width matters.

I don't doubt he has it though.

What do I think? He has to play on the left for us, given we bought him. But it's hardly the most effective way for him to play, unfortunately. He'd have to learn how to play on the left for Barca. He would offer a much much larger threat in dribbling than Alexis or Pedro though.

One thing I'd like to say. This whole "Bale needs space, Bale can't work in tight spaces" is not true. Even less today than a year or two ago. His technical skill is great, he's fine in tight spaces. It's just that with space, Bale turns on superman mode. He DOES struggle vs packed defenses, but then again, even Messi does. And Messi/Barca have many people making off the ball runs for him. Bale doesn't have that. Lennon hardly does that, Ade/Defoe are only alright at it, and Siggy/Holtby don't either. He has the ability to find cute windows to shoot in and he's got a deadly shot, and that helps him.

So addressing all these issues, what do I think?

I have to agree with those saying that tactically, at the moment, Bale doesn't fit into Barca. His ability on the right wing are a bunch of question marks for me unless he's always drifting in like he does in his AM role, which could be a problem in itself. His ability on the left? Not helpful for Barca. We don't need crosses, we don't need someone who likes the ball wide on the left who beats his man. Villa shows how to play LW for Barca well. Bale is kind of going in the opposite direction of Villa, so that's out of the question. And Bale can't play in the middle for obvious reasons.

His ability to adapt from the PL to La Liga I have no doubts about. His ability to adapt to a different role in Barca? Yes. I think he has all the tools needed, but despite that, his play would have to evolve so much...it's taking an extreme risk. It's like if we bought Villa without him playing out on the left for Spain all those years. It would have been a risk. He has the tools, but could he have used them...adapted? Villa could have, but we don't know with Bale. Encouraging signs with his ability to adapt and play in the middle, but it's still a big risk.

But once he's shunted out wide, asked to do pressing and dirt work, combine in tight spaces and recycle possession, do tactical work and all that stuff, he'd look totally out of his depth. Which would make his confidence plummet. Which would stunt his development. Which would make him look like Alexis Sanchez right now. It's so obvious I can already see the scenario infront of my eyes like a fortune teller looking into his crystal ball.

Wrong. But your question marks over his ability to adapt are still a good point.

That's where Neymar is a risk too. Like Dani though, I think Neymar is more suited to Barcelona's style. Bale CAN play with the Barca style- but he has never done so, and he hasn't ever tried. Nor have we seen him in that system.

The last part, I agree his strengths don't lie with a team like Barca. He still is an amazing player though with many attributes that would make him a success at Barca given he can adapt and play well with Barca...but right now, with the way he plays, with the way Barca plays. The "square peg in a round hole" analogy is correct in some parts- thing is, Bale has all the attributes of a round hole, too. If all goes well, he CAN be a round hole. The potential of the boy to do many things is astounding. Brilliant player.

It's a big risk.

Will we get him? Do I want him?

Nope. The other consideration is that especially given the risk, he will cost in upwards of 50-60+ million pounds. The latter number being the more likely number. He's not worth the risk, and the money he commands is ridiculous. Neymar is a safer bet and commands less money.

Brief my ass. You guys are killing me.

I'll be happy to respond to any points brought forth, but it won't be tonight.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:52 am

Actually guys, I remembered spring break is next week. You probably won't see me at all in the next week.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:35 am

I read that whole post :bow:

Excellent stuff Cbarca
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:42 am

Did you lose a Sig bet or something, what's with the Arsenal tag?
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:00 am

Motogp69 wrote:Did you lose a Sig bet or something, what's with the Arsenal tag?

In honor of my 5000th post, I say this.

Mods be f*cking with me Laughing

Idk why they don't make it a Madrid sig, that would piss me off to no end. The Arsenal one is mildly annoying at best. But I'll keep it for now.

But back on topic!
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:22 am

I think Reus would work better for us tbh

Reus in, Alexis out.

Right wing fixed

Neymar in to work the left
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:24 am

@Cbarca: Aha, I see. I agree that our style doesn't suit Bale. However, either if it suits him or not, could he improve our wing attack? Would he be much better than Pero/Alexis/Tello/Villa? Would he be a better choice than Neymar? What do you think?

Also, has someone watched Draxler play? He seems a great player and he is only 19 years old. Also a winger. Does he have a good workrate?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:54 am

Again, it depends on how Bale adapts. He could be brilliant or he could be a lost lamb, as poor as Pedro and Alexis.

Personally I think if he adapts, even if it's poorly, he can be an improvement over Pedro and Alexis.

But he's not worth the money or the risk.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum