Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:17 pm

Arsenal Vs Reading Gun__1364314569_arteta7

Arsenal Vs reading
Saturday 30th March
15:00 BST Kick Off
Emirates Stadium
Referee: Chris Foy

Normal Service Resumes

I actually can't remember the last time i made a preview. It's been that long. It actually feels like the summer vacation, but without the sun, or warmth. But back to reality, we continue our fight for the top 4 this weekend with the home game against reading. Arsenal are 5th atm in the premier league with 4 points behind the rivals Tottenham however with a game in hand. It's suffice to say that any slip ups from now will result in excessive damage since the time is limited and we are not in a very good position. Game against Reading sounds like a typical game with easy 3 points but i highly doubt it will be anything like easy. With a new manager and fighting for survival, it will be as tricky as it gets. They will defend, we will hold the possession. They will counter and we will make mistakes. The key is as always to get the 1st goal as soon as possible. However with our brilliant performance against Swansea and Bayern before, one would hope that we can carry on but internationals are never kind to us as we have lost Walcott to injury while several players just returning back after the qualifiers and friendlies.

New Manager Effect

I don't have the stats, but it's always a danger when you play against a team who just appointed a new manager. Adkins was sacked by Southampton few weeks ago and just got appointed by Reading. So, you can say he has a point to prove as well as try and save the club from impending relegation. Reading are a team with very little quality so the only way they can try and salvage something will be to use the tactics that we are vulnerable against or making the game more physically demanding. Either way, i think we will have too much quality for them and should win this comfortably. As long as we don't get complacent.

Team News

For Arsenal, Theo Walcott (groin) and Jack Wilshere (ankle) are both sidelined. Gibbs trained with the team today so he might be fit.

Reading striker Pavel Pogrebnyak is available after serving a three-match suspension. Stuart Taylor's place in goal could come under threat from Alex McCarthy, who is fit after a four-month lay-off following shoulder surgery

Arsenal Probable team

---------------------------------------------------Fabianski---------------------------------------------------

Sagna---------------------------Mertesacker----------------------Koscielny--------------------------Gibbs

----------------------------------------------------Arteta---------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------Ramsey-------------------------------------------------------------

Oxlade------------------------------------------------Cazorla-------------------------------------------Podolski

--------------------------------------------Giroud--------------------------------------------------------------

Reading Probable Team

-------------------------------------------------------Taylor---------------------------------------------------

Kelly----------------------------------Mariappa-----------------Pearce----------------------------Shorey

Karacan------------------Leigertwood--------------Robson Kanu---------McAnuff-----------------McCleary

-------------------------------------------------Pogrebnyak-----------------------------------------------------

Match Facts (BBC)

Head-to-head

• Arsenal and Reading have already met twice this season, with the two games at the Madejski Stadium producing an incredible 19 goals. The Gunners won 7-5 to reach the Capital One Cup quarter-finals in October (despite being 4-0 down after 37 minutes), and then won 5-2 in the league in December.
  • Arsenal have a 100% record against Reading, winning all 11 times they have met in league and cup.

Arsenal

• Arsenal have won four of their last five Premier League matches.
  • Among top-flight clubs, only leaders Manchester United have been in better form than Arsenal over their last eight league matches.
  • The Gunners have led at half-time in seven Premier League matches this season - and have gone on to win them all.
  • According to Opta, Arsenal have scored six goals on the counter-attack this season, more than any other club in the Premier League.

Reading

• Reading have lost their last five Premier League matches.
  • They have the worst away record in the top flight, earning just five points from a possible 45.
  • The Royals have conceded 57 goals, more than any other Premier League side.
  • Reading have the worst second-half record in the top flight; Arsenal have the best.

Final words

Please don't mess this up Arsenal.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Vs Reading Empty Re: Arsenal Vs Reading

Post by Eman Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:42 pm

It feels like so long since Swansea. Great job RG.

Let's show some consistency, boys :coffee:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by timzink Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:18 pm

Great post RG . Im hoping for a good performance from the ox . I hope podolski and giroud get a few goals
timzink
timzink
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:54 pm

I think you'll win, and i hope you do as well.

COYG
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:23 pm

Great work RG
We should have enough power to beat side like Reading even with players missing

worst defence and worst away record says it all but we should not underestimate them

conceding 7 Goals in 210 mins of football vs reading though one was basically 2nd strings but unacceptable anyway

Kos has point to prove his performance in Cup game vs Royals was poor but he grew into the game

Reading have been inferior to majority of thier opponents(talent wise at least) but they dont have zero! points they have been capable of some comebacks!

they have scored 7 Goals from Crossed free kicks which is the most in that manner in the league be wary Gunners

COYG

HOPE other results Goes our way as well Razz
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:42 pm

Reading players will try to impress the new coach and will give everything in this match.

Giroud, Podolski, Mertesacker, Koscielny and Monreal impressed with their national teams and should start. Gibbs is sick (?) and Theo is out, so Oxlade-Chamberlain starts... The Ox usually doesn't impress when he plays on the right wing so I wouldn't mind if Gervais started after his recent promising performances. Hope Ramsey continues his fine form... we need him more than ever. Jenkinson and Fabianski should play ahead of Sagna and Szczesny.

I think we'll see this side:

Fabianski
Jenkinson Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Arteta Ramsey
Chamberlain Cazorla Podolski
Giroud

As RG said please don't mess this up. Sp*rs play Swansea away from home while Chelsea go to Southampton who look like a different side under Pochettino. I believe atleast one of three teams will drop points, I just hope it's not Arsenal.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:07 pm

We will win with a scrappy 1-0 or 2-1, this is the type of game where we start slowly and underestimate the opposition then wake up when there is like 20 mins to go.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:11 pm

i'd take 1-0 or 9-8 as long as its a win
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:28 pm

CBarca wrote:I think you'll win, and i hope you do as well.

COYG

I'M DYING rofl
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:42 pm

Heart
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:01 pm

Great Job RG. :bow:

Man it feels like forever, weekends are boring with out Arsenal. A must win game and like RG said I take any score line as long as its 3 points.

EPL. cheers
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:51 am

Absolute must win!!!
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:09 am

lol every game is a must win
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:01 pm

Nice work RG. Will make LIVE thread now.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down