Art Morte
DeletedUser#1
TheRedStag
Red Alert
McAgger
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

5 Times European Champions vs. London Hoofers Empty 5 Times European Champions vs. London Hoofers

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:35 pm

Discuss.

Big Andy wont be able to play against us.

This team is all about hoofing so should be interesting tactically if Rodgers will go with 2 or 3 in midfield.

I really think we'll be just as safe playing with just Gerrard and Lucas for this game as we would with a 3 man midfield since their style of play never gets their midfielders involved really. It's the defenders hoofing it up to Carroll and and Carlton Cole.

Having said that though I still want Hendo to start

Reina, Johnson, Carra, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Hendo, Coutinho, Sturridge, Suarez.

About time Downing hits the bench, been woeful the last two games.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

5 Times European Champions vs. London Hoofers Empty Re: 5 Times European Champions vs. London Hoofers

Post by Red Alert Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:55 am

We do need a 3 man midfield... we were absolutely dominated by their midifeld last time against this lot. Henderson Lucas and Gerrard must start. Diame must be kept quiet.

And I have some sort of sick feeling that Joe Cole will score.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

5 Times European Champions vs. London Hoofers Empty Re: 5 Times European Champions vs. London Hoofers

Post by TheRedStag Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:34 am

I like that starting xi with possibility of Martin starting.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:01 am

Put your houses on Johnson scoring and us winning.

it ALWAYS happens against West Spam.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:07 am

West Ham are hopeless on the road. Only Norwich and Reading have a worse goal-difference in away matches. Fully expecting three points and if Rodgers still wants to experiment with a two-CM midfield then go for it here, but preferably start all three Gerrard, Lucas and Henderson.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:17 am

The three-man midfield provides a balance to the side that is lost when we play with Suarez in behind Sturridge and Coutinho on the left. While Coutinho has shown some willingness to track back and help in defense it's clear that he's neither physically nor mentally used to such play for 90 minutes. Personally, I think our issues in the Spurs, Sotton, and first half of the Villa matches stem from a lack of balance that leaves Lucas and Gerrard with too much to do; and at the heart of that is Coutinho, though through no real fault of his own. Henderson provides a runner in the midfield going forward and back. He's able to provide an outlet when Gerrard/Lucas are put under pressure in our defensive half as well as an extra body in attack. I honestly have no idea why he's received so little consistent playing time under Rodgers but hope that with our limited options in midfield now he'll get a good run of games to show what he has to offer.

While I don't believe Downing has been poor recently he also hasn't been particularly influential. A reliable option is fine in some matches but given that we've got little to really play for at this point I'd like to see Rodgers give a front three of Suarez - Sturridge - Coutinho a try. Henderson has already shown he can provide some degree of width when Suarez drifts inside/floats and all of the front three are intelligent enough to recognize when they can/should shift to accommodate Suarez as he moves across the backline and into space.

This could also be a good game to give Skrtel a chance to show that he can find form again, though I won't complain if Carragher starts (unlike many, I do believe he has deserved his starting berth over Skrtel in recent weeks).

McAgger's line-up is pretty much what I'd like to see, assuming that he doesn't have Sturridge on the wing.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:02 pm

RedOranje wrote:The three-man midfield provides a balance to the side that is lost when we play with Suarez in behind Sturridge and Coutinho on the left. While Coutinho has shown some willingness to track back and help in defense it's clear that he's neither physically nor mentally used to such play for 90 minutes. Personally, I think our issues in the Spurs, Sotton, and first half of the Villa matches stem from a lack of balance that leaves Lucas and Gerrard with too much to do; and at the heart of that is Coutinho, though through no real fault of his own. Henderson provides a runner in the midfield going forward and back. He's able to provide an outlet when Gerrard/Lucas are put under pressure in our defensive half as well as an extra body in attack. I honestly have no idea why he's received so little consistent playing time under Rodgers but hope that with our limited options in midfield now he'll get a good run of games to show what he has to offer.

While I don't believe Downing has been poor recently he also hasn't been particularly influential. A reliable option is fine in some matches but given that we've got little to really play for at this point I'd like to see Rodgers give a front three of Suarez - Sturridge - Coutinho a try. Henderson has already shown he can provide some degree of width when Suarez drifts inside/floats and all of the front three are intelligent enough to recognize when they can/should shift to accommodate Suarez as he moves across the backline and into space.

This could also be a good game to give Skrtel a chance to show that he can find form again, though I won't complain if Carragher starts (unlike many, I do believe he has deserved his starting berth over Skrtel in recent weeks).

McAgger's line-up is pretty much what I'd like to see, assuming that he doesn't have Sturridge on the wing.

1. Skrtel can be given a chance
2. 3-man midfield with Henderson
3. Coutinho, Suarez & Sturridge in attack
4. Sturridge NOT in wing

Well, that pretty much covers every thing I wanted to say. Why Sturridge haven't played in last few (two!) games!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:54 pm

iftikhar wrote:
RedOranje wrote:The three-man midfield provides a balance to the side that is lost when we play with Suarez in behind Sturridge and Coutinho on the left. While Coutinho has shown some willingness to track back and help in defense it's clear that he's neither physically nor mentally used to such play for 90 minutes. Personally, I think our issues in the Spurs, Sotton, and first half of the Villa matches stem from a lack of balance that leaves Lucas and Gerrard with too much to do; and at the heart of that is Coutinho, though through no real fault of his own. Henderson provides a runner in the midfield going forward and back. He's able to provide an outlet when Gerrard/Lucas are put under pressure in our defensive half as well as an extra body in attack. I honestly have no idea why he's received so little consistent playing time under Rodgers but hope that with our limited options in midfield now he'll get a good run of games to show what he has to offer.

1. Skrtel can be given a chance
2. 3-man midfield with Henderson
3. Coutinho, Suarez & Sturridge in attack
4. Sturridge NOT in wing

Well, that pretty much covers every thing I wanted to say. Why Sturridge haven't played in last few (two!) games!!!

He seemed somewhat out of form and uninfluential since returning from his injury. I think a two game respite was precisely the kick in the ass he needed to stay on top of things instead of slipping into brooding frustration. Hopefully he gets put back out there to prove himself again in this game or the next one.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:25 am

I have a real doubt whether BR will put downing out 5 Times European Champions vs. London Hoofers 2222139670. In the last match thread I wanted to post about sturridge playing instead of downing but unfortunately it didnt get posted. I think Suarez, cou and stu will be an good option to try against west ham to see how it works out, with no particular wing threat. And I think if at all he starts with these three, most likely it will be very fluid between stu n suarez exchanging the each others' positions.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:49 pm

West Ham have the highest number of crosses per game. Below are 40 crosses they put in against Fulham.
5 Times European Champions vs. London Hoofers West%20Ham%20crosses%20vs%20Fulham%20(40)

Also, as much as they want to deny it, they are the epitome of hoofing. That's against Spurs.
5 Times European Champions vs. London Hoofers West%20Ham%20long%20balls%20vs%20Spurs

Really just control the ball and their goal threat should be taken care of. We can't concede stupid freekicks in our own half because all of it will be put right into the box.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:39 pm

So, we "should" beat West Ham... That much should be apparent.

However, I must admit being a tiny bit concerned about them. We've had trouble defending in the air this season, and that's precisely what West Ham will want to do. Moreover, Diame and Nolan will look to be direct and overrun our midfield. A 3-man midfield would certainly be my preference, but I won't purport to know what Rodgers will do with the set-up. The point is that, much like West Brom, West Ham do play to some of our known weaknesses: they like to be physical and they like to play in corsses to a big, strong striker.

As a side-note, I would love to see Sturridge play here, because I think the combination between him and Suarez will turn the Hammers' defense inside out.

As for Skrtel, throwing him in against a team so predisposed to playing the the long ball worries me a bit. That seems strange to say, as he has at times been our best aerial defender. However, he's been well off that level this season. He's had all sorts of trouble defending big strikers in a physical, aerial game. I just can't get his Oldham performance out of my mind. Moreover, he was far from convincing in the recent loss to West Brom. I don't know that I would give him a look-in from here out. Regardless of what many pundits and keyboard warriors are saying, we do have something to play for. European football of any sort would behoove us next season (and this summer). I said after the West Brom game that Skrtel may have just sealed his exit, or at least his place on the bench, and I would hold to that unless a change is forced. To be honest, I would prefer to see Kelly get a game at CB, if he can get fully fit.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:48 pm

Kelly may be back in training but he's still a long, long, LONG way off match fitness. That's a bit of a pipe dream at this point and a stretch for this season, really.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:48 am

Good luck Liverpool. Hope you win tomorrow.
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:30 am

Thanks Thumbs up Although I'm sure down in our hearts we all still believe in a miracle to possible get a European spot (4-5th) we know we really have one thing to play for. To finish above Everton. Win is a must since one of Spurs/Everton will drop points or both.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:31 am

"Server error" What a joke. Just deleted my message. I really don't want to write it all up again so I'll give you dot points.

-DTOR move on. That Oldham game wasn't good for anybody bar Steven Gerrard - who came off the bench. Skrtel was simply playing with kids that day and had it all to do alone because Rodgers felt he could play a 424 and it'd be a walk in the park. Martin looked solid against United a couple days after and was benched after that United game.

Say whatever you want about being "bad" in the air this season, he's still been our strongest defender in the air. Agger hasn't been able to play against these physical defenders and Carragher has been no better.

Also, he didn't even play against West Brom. So I have no idea which game you're talking about.

And Kelly is NOT a CB.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:56 am

hearing rumours that Downing may be benched in this game :facepalm:

will be an idiotic and munumentally bad move by BR. I hope it's not true.

Downing should be the second name on the team-sheet with the balance he brings to the side...please don't mess with the winning team Brendan.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:59 am

Great news imo. Downing was useless and invisible vs Soton and Villa.

It looks like my lineup will be dead on.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:57 am

ynwa wrote:And Kelly is NOT a CB.

Laughing He's not a proper full-back.. in the final third he goes berserk. He'll eventually turn out to be CB, just like our very own Mr. Liverpool. Not to mention he was used as a center back before he got promoted to the first team.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:25 pm

The Reds team in full is: Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Carragher, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Downing, Coutinho, Suarez. Subs: Jones, Skrtel, Coates, Shelvey, Suso, Assaidi, Sturridge.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:31 pm

Haha, downing playing. I enjoy reactiocn of few fans when he is in the starting line up more than watching him playing Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:21 pm

ffs. That was an abysmal first half. Downing was having the shittiest game of his live. Thank god he got taken off at 25 minutes or so. Suarez has been so poor. One of his worst games for us without a doubt.

West Ham have parked the bus and we don't look like scoring anytime soon. S

P.S. Sturridge Mad you selfish mofo, should've just passed it to Stevie for an easy tap in that last corner in added time.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:23 pm

You know it's not going well for you when James Collins is dominating Luis Suarez. Coutinho with a few sublime passes and Agger's block was superb, but it was that black messi Mr. Diame who had the best chance of the half.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:28 pm

yeah so far Agger and Coutinho are MOTM easily. Both haven't put a foot wrong.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:27 pm

Agger MOTM for me. Collins was a beast as well.

Shite performance. I'm too pissed to care right now. *bleep* this season Mad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:28 pm

Sigh another 2 points dropped while it looks like everton are beating a top 4 side and moving 3 more points ahead.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum