Demba Ba & Daniel Sturridge

+2
Uncanny
BarcaLearning
6 posters

Go down

Demba Ba & Daniel Sturridge Empty Demba Ba & Daniel Sturridge

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:21 am

Hi guys, this is outdated, but I understand that Demba Ba's release clause amount was just 7.5M? Seems cheap considering his ability and amount of goals he scores. I guess maybe Newcastle just undervalued him when they signed him and worked out details of his contract? Daniel Sturridge got sold to Liverpool for 12M, what a waste in comparison? Very Happy

What does Chelsea fans think of these 2 transfers?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Demba Ba & Daniel Sturridge Empty Re: Demba Ba & Daniel Sturridge

Post by Uncanny Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:37 am

For Sturridge I think that if he was sold last january his value would have been much higher. He barely played after that, but it was a good grab for liverpool. On Ba, from what I understand, he has a problem with this knee?
either way, I think chelsea got it on the cheap, and newcastle was robbed in a way compared to player inflated prices around right now. But in reality, those should be fair prices, United got Van Persie for 20 mil, sheesh haha.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:53 pm

I understand why it happened, I don't like why it happened, but I think it is probably better it happened.

Sturridge was young and wanted something he wasn't going to get a Chelsea for a few years, Ba was cheap and a good stop gap for Lukaku.

And Lukaku being potentially better than Sturridge is another reason why Sturridge was sold, we simply didn't need Sturridge.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:35 pm

It was better for Sturridge I think, he has great potential and being on the bench won't do any good for him. I personally would have preferred him to start over Torres but since thats like out of the world with his price tag n our board members... ah... fk it!
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:58 am

I thought Sturridge was more like a winger than a striker though.... not sure if a good comparison but like Welbeck in Man U, flexible and developed and improved a lot into a very good plyaer in the last couple of years... maybe its good for Sturridge to move around as well for development... but Sturridge never really impressed me... hes missing some key elements...

Its good Chelsea spent "wisely" this time with a comparatively cheaper purchase Very Happy Ba certainly worth it, since hes proven and suitable for the league Smile

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:00 am

BarcaLearning wrote:I thought Sturridge was more like a winger than a striker though.... not sure if a good comparison but like Welbeck in Man U, flexible and developed and improved a lot into a very good plyaer in the last couple of years... maybe its good for Sturridge to move around as well for development... but Sturridge never really impressed me... hes missing some key elements...

Its good Chelsea spent "wisely" this time with a comparatively cheaper purchase Very Happy Ba certainly worth it, since hes proven and suitable for the league Smile

Don't try telling him that!! rofl
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:05 am

BarcaLearning wrote:I thought Sturridge was more like a winger than a striker though.... not sure if a good comparison but like Welbeck in Man U, flexible and developed and improved a lot into a very good plyaer in the last couple of years... maybe its good for Sturridge to move around as well for development... but Sturridge never really impressed me... hes missing some key elements...

One of the problems with him was that he wanted to play CF and CF only. He could play RW but always wanted to play CF. In the end he got stuck behind Torres (unfairly) and due to him not wanting to play wing we brought in wingers so he lost any chance of playing there.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:39 pm

Thx for the info everyone.... and for him, he needs to show he can play CF though.... comparing again, but Welbeck I wrote him off b4 and never thought he would mature and improve like he has done for Man U this season especially... lets see if Sturridge can do the same...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:02 pm

Do you guys like Ba ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:59 pm

I do....although not watched him a lot, but that finish has so far won me over already Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:23 pm

Yeah. Ba does a decent job. I would take someone better in a heartbeat though.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:40 am

So far yes, if he is given consistent match time he can be a threat with Mazacar behind him. But sadly he is not the 50m player. Saying that, I agree with Kick... I would take a more consistent and lethal striker anytime.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down