Galatasaray and Turkish football on the way up.

+16
Hapless_Hans
RealGunner
ExtremistEnigma
djfawnz
Rev
Lex
Zealous
VivaStPauli
juventus101
BarcaLearning
The Franchise
Mr Nick09
Onyx
Die Borussen
Eman
Ausi90
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Galatasaray and Turkish football on the way up. Empty Galatasaray and Turkish football on the way up.

Post by Ausi90 Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:42 pm

regardless of Galatasaray being eliminated tonight despite an honorable comeback, they have showen that they truelly are one the 8 best clubs in Europe, and can build on from this. Fenerbahce will possibly qualify for the semifinals in Europa League, they have decent shot at winning it.

Galatasaray could be one of the giants of European football in the next 2-4 years. I for one look forward to see them in the CL again next season. Hope Sneijder has regained his confidence and Drogba should stay. What a great match by these two tonight. Absolutely beautiful goals.

Anyway Galatasaray have truly earned my respect tonight. One of the 8th best clubs in Europe for sure, and they can climb up this ladder if they continue in the same path.

Ausi90
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Galatasaray and Turkish football on the way up. Empty Re: Galatasaray and Turkish football on the way up.

Post by Eman Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:47 pm

They did a good job, but it was kind of a one-off. They are not one of the best 8 clubs in Europe. I would be absolutely shocked if any Turkish team becomes a real force in European football any time soon.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Galatasaray and Turkish football on the way up. Empty Re: Galatasaray and Turkish football on the way up.

Post by Die Borussen Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:50 pm

of course, some magic from snejider who is the definition of incostistent and drogba who is retiring anytime soon means they are top 8 rofl

yes turkish football is on its way up, see fener or gala buying popular players, but in no way this game tonight represents their actual power/general quality

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:51 pm

Not sure about them being giants, however they can certainly become a CL team who get to the knockout stages every year. It was a good performance tonight. They have the players, however they still need to improve the squad a bit.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:03 pm

they are not one of europe 8 best club, lol wut, what am i reading
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:04 pm

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:16 pm

Not sure but clearly Real seemed relaxed and probably just underestimated them? Arbeloa sent off was funny as well. Does that mean he will be suspended first leg semis? Essien injured, could be interesting Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:19 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Not sure but clearly Real seemed relaxed and probably just underestimated them? Arbeloa sent off was funny as well. Does that mean he will be suspended first leg semis? Essien injured, could be interesting Very Happy
we got ramos, coentrao can play rb too, but i think essien will be ready so

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:11 pm

Theyre not Top 8. Id say Top 20. But i highly doubt they, or any Turkish club for that matter, will be a real European force anytime soon.

It was a good display though, but i think it also comes down to Madrid really just shutting off, similar to Bayern against Arsenal in the second leg.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausi90 Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:06 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:they are not one of europe 8 best club, lol wut, what am i reading

can u name those 8 who are better?

they made finished 2nd in a group with the English champions, and even won against them 1-1 on agg if it was a knock out match, eliminated the 3rd best German team in Schalke, and bar the first leg played on par with the 2nd best Spanish team. They have big name players, yes Drogba and Sneijder aren't world beaters anymore, but as they showed last night form is temporary but class is permanent. They have great striking talent in Yilmaz, and Eboue, etc.

Barca, Bayern, Madrid are the only teams I would say were CLEARLY better than Gala, but on a 2 legged match Galatasaray is on par with pretty much every other top team in Europe.

Ausi90
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:44 pm

The Franchise wrote:

Imitating Schweinsteiger imitating Pizarro imitating Grafite.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:03 pm

Ausi90 wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:they are not one of europe 8 best club, lol wut, what am i reading

can u name those 8 who are better?

they made finished 2nd in a group with the English champions, and even won against them 1-1 on agg if it was a knock out match, eliminated the 3rd best German team in Schalke, and bar the first leg played on par with the 2nd best Spanish team. They have big name players, yes Drogba and Sneijder aren't world beaters anymore, but as they showed last night form is temporary but class is permanent. They have great striking talent in Yilmaz, and Eboue, etc.

Barca, Bayern, Madrid are the only teams I would say were CLEARLY better than Gala, but on a 2 legged match Galatasaray is on par with pretty much every other top team in Europe.
just 8 teams? Chelsea are better, city, madrid, barca, man utd, atletico, bayern, dortmund, sociedad, malaga, spurs, juve, psg, porto etc...

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:07 pm

I think Gala are good and at home have a chance against anyone because of how they play. They scored three golazos against us but I don't think they are top 8 in Europe.

I do think Turkish football is on the up though.

Last edited by Zealous on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:10 pm

8 teams better than Gala? Really, thats easy.

Madrid, Barca, Juve, Bayern, United, Dortmund, Milan, Arsenal, City, PSG, Shakhtar, and Chelsea are all better. Napoli, Inter, Leverkusen, Schalke, Tottenham, Malaga, and Marseille are also arguable as well.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:23 pm

Goodness me a rocket from top 3 rwb in the world Eboue and a couple of tap ins from Drogba and Sneijder and Galatasaray are somehow going to be titans of European football in the next 3-4 years?? rofl
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:25 pm

To be fair, all 3 of Galas goals were wonderful. But Top 8 is a joke.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausi90 Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:08 pm

Lex wrote:Goodness me a rocket from top 3 rwb in the world Eboue and a couple of tap ins from Drogba and Sneijder and Galatasaray are somehow going to be titans of European football in the next 3-4 years?? rofl

so a 1-1 aggregate vs the best english team, eliminating 3rd best german team, and playing on par with 2nd best Spanish team is not impressive these days? geez what does Galatasaray have to do to impress u people? confused i think gala deserves a little respect, specially after tonight.

Ausi90
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:09 pm

Gala didn't play against Barca yo
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausi90 Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:18 pm

juventus101 wrote:8 teams better than Gala? Really, thats easy.

Madrid, Barca, Juve, Bayern, United, Dortmund, Milan, Arsenal, City, PSG, Shakhtar, and Chelsea are all better. Napoli, Inter, Leverkusen, Schalke, Tottenham, Malaga, and Marseille are also arguable as well.

Madrid = yes
Barca = yes
Juve = not sure
Bayern = yes
Dortmund = not sure
Milan = nope
Arsenal = nope
Shakthar = nope
Chelsea = Europa League material
Leverkusen = Europa League material
Schalke = nope / just defeated them in the previous round (where is ur common sense bro?)
Napoli = Europa League material
PSG = on par
Tottenham = Europa League material
Marseille = not even Europa League material
Malaga = on par/better

Ausi90
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:18 pm

Zealous wrote:Gala didn't play against Barca yo

Galatasaray and Turkish football on the way up. 27617210
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:21 pm

top 8 team? LOL
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:21 pm

top 8 team? LOL
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausi90 Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:21 pm

Lex wrote:Goodness me a rocket from top 3 rwb in the world Eboue and a couple of tap ins from Drogba and Sneijder and Galatasaray are somehow going to be titans of European football in the next 3-4 years?? rofl

so reaching the quarterfinals is no achievement these days? ironic coming from an Arsenal fan.

Ausi90
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausi90 Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:22 pm

djfawnz wrote:top 8 team? LOL

they are as good as Juve,
so if Juve is top 8, then Gala is defintely there too.

Ausi90
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:08 pm

You have clearly proven you know little (if anything) about football. Sitting there trying to tell me Galatasaray are better than Arsenal and Milan? Not sure if Juve are better than them? You should be docked 25% just for wasting precious oxygen and energy typing that dross out when it could have been used to save lives in A&E wards across the world

Last edited by Lex on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum