urbaNRoots
The Franchise
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Zealous
VivaStPauli
DeletedUser#1
18 posters

Go down

Mandzukic should get his card rescinded  Empty Mandzukic should get his card rescinded

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 13:21

LOOK AT THIS FFS. not even a foul, and he got his second yellow for this.

Mandzukic should get his card rescinded  8640815810_132920ccb6_o

hope Bayern complain to UEFA and get this fixed.....Chiellini tarnishing the image of loving italians with disgraceful play-acting (there'd be a 23423423 pages if this was Suarez instead of Chiellini)

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Mandzukic should get his card rescinded  Empty Re: Mandzukic should get his card rescinded

Post by VivaStPauli Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 13:23

Chiellini shouldn't even have played that match. Had his hand and elbows in Bayern players faces (especially Mandzukics) all the time in both legs. IIRC he was the one who busted up Buytens face as well.

Ref was disgraceful in both matches Bayern played.
(Juve got shafted by the ref too, though, this just happened to be the most BS call of the return leg)
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Mandzukic should get his card rescinded  Empty Re: Mandzukic should get his card rescinded

Post by Zealous Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 13:26

Well look at it this way if Bayern go through then he will definitely be available for the final.

(Assuming he doesn't get sent off until then)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 13:26

Hadn't seen this till now and yes i agree he should be allowed to play.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 13:31

Zealous wrote:Well look at it this way if Bayern go through then he will definitely be available for the final.

(Assuming he doesn't get sent off until then)

With all the bullshit refereeing going on, by the time the final rolls around, f*cking Lahm might be serving the first suspension of his entire career.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 13:33

Did we really need a new thread for this? Couldnt of posted in the original thread?

Anyway, yes, its unjust..but he wouldnt be the first and wouldnt be the last.

I doubt it will be changed..then again, they changed Ibra's red, which as far as I remember was pretty unprecedented so who knows.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 13:36

Well, they changed the duration of the suspension. They won't humiliate the ref by completely annulling a yellow he dished out. Mandzukic is sitting this one out.

TBH I happen to think that Gomez isn't any worse, and Pizarro is better.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 13:49

Really enjoyed what Chiellini did to Mandzukic in both games Very Happy

Hope he won't play against Barca though, tw*t but a very good footballer.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 13:55

The Franchise wrote:Did we really need a new thread for this? Couldnt of posted in the original thread?

I doubt it will be changed..then again, they changed Ibra's red, which as far as I remember was pretty unprecedented so who knows.

Ibra served his suspension like any player. The extra game suspension that was rescinded was due to a factual error in the match report of the ref not the ref's subjective decision. The actual red was upheld.

UEFA still has no precedent of overruling the Ref's subjective view on decisions made.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 13:56

Similar to when RVP got Fletcher a yellow and a suspension, they couldn't get that rescinded.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 14:17

mandzukic fell down like a little girl everytime he felt someone touched him.. cmon this is football! not fanny-gay-girls-ball..
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 14:23

Zealous wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Did we really need a new thread for this? Couldnt of posted in the original thread?

Ibra served his suspension like any player. The extra game suspension that was rescinded was due to a factual error in the match report of the ref not the ref's subjective decision. The actual red was upheld.

UEFA still has no precedent of overruling the Ref's subjective view on decisions made.
Thanks. I'm getting tired of typing this lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 14:26

Zealous wrote:

True, but I still havent seen it happen before.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 14:29

flameas wrote:mandzukic fell down like a little girl everytime he felt someone touched him.. cmon this is football! not fanny-gay-girls-ball..
You mean lesbian?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 15:30

flameas wrote:mandzukic fell down like a little girl everytime he felt someone touched him.. cmon this is football! not fanny-gay-girls-ball..

While I like a good physical game, "elbow to the face" is still not a legal move.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 12 Apr 2013 - 16:32

Definitely. That was a horrendous decision.

Hopefully Bayern can appeal and Mandzukic can play in the first leg.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sat 13 Apr 2013 - 0:04

You must understand that Chiellini has his own set of rules. This is just how it feels like playing against Chiellini, its the same for all :coffee:
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat 13 Apr 2013 - 0:06

But what did Chiellini offer the refs to get away with it? His Leprechaun gold?
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat 13 Apr 2013 - 0:07

There have been worse ref errors. Mandzu will sit through his ban and either Mario Gómez or Pizza will play. Mind you, originally Gómez was supposed to be the number 1 striker and Mandzu only the back-up.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Sat 13 Apr 2013 - 1:27

Not that it matters anymore, but i have to agree with Viva. At almost every header Chiellini had his elbow in someones face...
Completely unneccassary, especially if you look at the amount of broken orbitals/noses in the last two seasons in the BuLi.

Regarding the yellow card, i think it doesnt hurt too much, Pizza seems to be the most clinical of them at the moment anyway, so it might be a blessing in disguise.
ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat 13 Apr 2013 - 1:32

I'd actually rather start Pizzaro considering how Gómez hasn't really been tested this season.

No way Mandz is going to play.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat 13 Apr 2013 - 14:26

Yea, Bayern should start Pizarro. In fact i think Pizarro is actually the bedt of the 3. Hes the bedt on the ball, has the most experience, is the smartest about passes and his surroundings, and is the most clinical. Mandzukic and Gomez are both stronger and better in the air but thats it.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Sat 13 Apr 2013 - 14:56

Pizzaro is the best striker of those 3 , so hopefully he will play
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat 13 Apr 2013 - 17:00

If Pizarro is so good, which I dont think he is, then why is he benched all the time and went to Chelsea etc, surely Gomez is being underrated now, he was a beast for a long time b4 this season...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat 13 Apr 2013 - 17:32

Pizarro is good, and is benched because he's 34 years old... but in his prime he was a beast. At Chelsea he never played due to a certain Didier Drogba who might have been tough to bench. Plus, it's Chelsea.

But at Bayern and Bremen he always did well, always with impressive scoring figures. Gómez might start, but I choose Pizarro because he's more complete and still a very good goalscorer. This all depends on what Jupp wants, because while he's good, his legs are gone.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down