sportsczy
Alejandro E.Zackarias
lenear1030
REWB
Jay29
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Arsenal 1 - 1 Manchester United: Arsenal run out of bite - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 1 - 1 Manchester United: Arsenal run out of bite

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:05 pm

What game, not sure what Sagna was thinking with the tackle, but glad we got a point. The game could have gone either way.

I dont know why we dont shoot more, we had many chances to shoot and decided to pass it around.

Ramsey made some bad decisions, had he passed it to Theo instead of Podolski it could have ended 2-1.

Every game is a cup game, and hope United beat Chelsea next week.

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 1 - 1 Manchester United: Arsenal run out of bite - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 1 - 1 Manchester United: Arsenal run out of bite

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:35 pm

All things considered , it wasnt a bad day. I personally thought we would have lost. And had it not been for Sagnas blunder, we would have walked away with a victory. But oh, well. What I liked the most is that the players understood the whole situation, and gave a fuk (connected with the fans).

On a side note, Sagna looks beat/ looked like he is accepted the fact that he wont be here next year (hopefully I am wrong). He gave away the ball, and then went on a headless chicken mode. I mean, was that challenge on Van Pussy really necessary? He could have closed RVP down, knowing that there was only 1 other United player in the box (who was well guarded btw). I am certain, if Jenko was in the same situation, he would not have made similar mistakes.

Also, can someone please tell me why Gervais was subbed on? I would have kept Podolski, and replaced Walcott with OX.

Standout performers: Rosicky, Woj, Bosselney, Ramsey ( Proud ).
Cazorla, Arteta, Merte, Gibbs, and Walcott were meh
Sagna Mad

Lets hope for a Spurs loss against Chelsea, and a Chelsea tie/loss against United. We might lose points against New Castle, as they still have everything to play for.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:49 pm

Honestly,this was a missed opportunity. we should have spanked them for sure.

ps, i am still trying to figure out what the problem with sagna was today

Last edited by mzamani on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:50 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:All things considered , it wasnt a bad day. I personally thought we would have lost. And had it not been for Sagnas blunder, we would have walked away with a victory. But oh, well. What I liked the most is that the players understood the whole situation, and gave a fuk (connected with the fans).

On a side note, Sagna looks beat/ looked like he is accepted the fact that he wont be here next year (hopefully I am wrong). He gave away the ball, and then went on a headless chicken mode. I mean, was that challenge on Van Pussy really necessary? He could have closed RVP down, knowing that there was only 1 other United player in the box (who was well guarded btw). I am certain, if Jenko was in the same situation, he would not have made similar mistakes.

Also, can someone please tell me why Gervais was subbed on? I would have kept Podolski, and replaced Walcott with OX.

Standout performers: Rosicky, Woj, Bosselney, Ramsey ( Proud ).
Cazorla, Arteta, Merte, Gibbs, and Walcott were meh
Sagna Mad

Lets hope for a Spurs loss against Chelsea, and a Chelsea tie/loss against United. We might lose points against New Castle, as they still have everything to play for.

Honestly speaking, Podolski was bad, both he and Walcott should not have seen te 55th minute
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:51 pm

Podolski was pretty poor. He lost his legs after 20 minutes. Which does say that he is still struggling with fitness for some reason.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:57 pm

Gervinho just stalls out counter attack... Every time he takes on a player... you just do not sense any urgency from him- its almost as if he zones out the bigger picture and entirely focuses on trying to beat the guy ahead of him.... what ends up happening is :
1. he gets robbed by a polished defender
2. he goes past the defender... but in vain because by then, the opposition defenders are already well organized to deflect any counter.

For this reason I would have put even Walcott up front with OX and and coming in to take Walcotts position. Anything but Gervais ffs. I think This arsenal side is designed for a run and gun /counter attacking type play.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:27 pm

This shows that we dont have enough quality to beat and to compete with the best. I really hope we do buy some quality players this summer otherwise it is going to be another trophiless season.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:15 am

On the contrary, I think it does. Our starting 11 stood toe to toe with the best team in the league, and the only reason why we lost points was due to the blunder of a defender.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by GenBlizkin Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:15 am

Or the fact, they already have the title in the bag.
GenBlizkin
GenBlizkin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:23 am

GenBlizkin wrote:Or the fact, they already have the title in the bag.
Nah I don't buy that. They started as strong an 11 as they could. RVPrick and Roonay both started. Gigg's DIDN'T start. United just couldn't touch us today

Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:12 am

I wanted to see how Poldi would do as the lone striker, but a game against United isn't really the best time to try something like that so we should have expected him not to do well. Maybe him and Theo could play together in the next couple of games, but in all likelihood we may have to watch Gervinho there for a few games, if not Walcott.
REWB wrote:sagna needs to be replaced in the summer
Sagna really screwed up for their goal, but wanting to 'replace' him is over the top. If he leaves, we will undoubtedly be worse off at RB.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:36 am

What happened to the hammer, Jenkinson?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:46 am

CBarca wrote:
RealGunner wrote:problem is that if Chelsea win against Spurs, and then Spurs win against chelsea. We will end up 5th

We need few results to go our way

Wait, what?

RG is drunk.

Arsenal are not assured of top four, we have the potential to move 4 points clear of you. Chelsea are in the driving seat really.

Spurs can also jump you as they have a game in hand.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:46 am

CBarca wrote:What happened to the hammer, Jenkinson?
Oh he's still around, better than ever, but is he really ready to be unleashed as a starter every week? Or better yet, is the EPL really ready for him? I just don't know. Keeping Sagna is security for all parties involved :coffee:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:11 am

RealGunner wrote:JAY Z at the emirates

Arsenal 1 - 1 Manchester United: Arsenal run out of bite - Page 2 BI9F1cKCYAA5_tt
They kept showing James Nesbitt as if he was some huge celebrity supporting Man Utd when Jay-Z was there supporting Arsenal Rolling Eyes
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:36 am

Kick wrote:
CBarca wrote:
RealGunner wrote:problem is that if Chelsea win against Spurs, and then Spurs win against chelsea. We will end up 5th

We need few results to go our way

Wait, what?

RG is drunk.

Arsenal are not assured of top four, we have the potential to move 4 points clear of you. Chelsea are in the driving seat really.

You guys have Spurs and United to play...yes you're in the driving seat as of now, but things can swing easily if results don't go your way in those two games.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:52 am

CBarca wrote:
Kick wrote:
CBarca wrote:

Wait, what?

RG is drunk.

You guys have Spurs and United to play...yes you're in the driving seat as of now, but things can swing easily if results don't go your way in those two games.

And Everton too?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:04 am

I wanted to see how Poldi would do as the lone striker, but a game against United isn't really the best time to try something like that so we should have expected him not to do well. Maybe him and Theo could play together in the next couple of games, but in all likelihood we may have to watch Gervinho there for a few games, if not Walcott.

I'm pretty certain Podolski is playing with an injury that requires surgery in the summer. I've seen quite a few reputable people say that is the case, though the club haven't mentioned it. In any case, we can't make any conclusions about him playing down the middle, just out of fairness; only his third game there, against a very good defence, and may or not be carrying an injury.

What happened to the hammer, Jenkinson?

Sagna returned to form and was starting to perform consistently again, so Jenkinson has been playing backup.

I'm a big fan of Sagna and certainly feel we need to retain him, but his form has dipped a few times this year and it looks to me that, physically, he just doesn't look the same as he was a season or two ago. We should be looking at getting Jenkinson ready to take over next season, provided Sagna is still here.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:01 am

How was Flopolski as striker?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:41 am

I thought we were lucky to get the draw to be honest. Not trying to be pessimistic or anything but we just couldn't create. Apart from the goal, we had 1, maybe 2 good chances to score. But I didn't think we could have broken their defense. Their defense was just impenetrable. We need better attackers for sure. Carzola, even though playing him out wide helps keep possession (even though we couldn't keep possession against united), it takes away another attacking option that can stretch the play and provide an attacking threat.

Wilshere was meh to be honest. Needs to stop dribbling and release the ball. Needs to watch Rosicky.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:31 pm

You guys are way too positive.

I hope we finish 5th. We need a wakeup call.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:31 pm

Double post
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:35 pm

AnJl wrote:You guys are way too positive.

LOL, wakeup call? what sell more players to makeup for the annual trophy?

Trust me if we dont make top4, Satan and Donkey face will sell.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:12 pm

free_cat wrote:How was Flopolski as striker?
How was............oh yeah, Barcelona don't have any strikers

No
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:24 pm

are u serious ? coming back would get more tough if Spuds/Everton get those extra CL money.. would end up like Liverpool..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:32 pm

What is wrong with some people? First, people celebrate Giroud being suspended. Now, people purposely wish we finish outside of the CL spots :facepalm:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next