If Bayern win the treble is this the most impressive?

+9
Suarez99
Doc
braylann
Casciavit
VivaStPauli
The Franchise
sportsczy
juventus101
jibers
13 posters

Go down

If Bayern win the treble is this the most impressive? Empty If Bayern win the treble is this the most impressive?

Post by jibers Thu May 02, 2013 8:52 am

United, inter and Barcelona, compare
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

If Bayern win the treble is this the most impressive? Empty Re: If Bayern win the treble is this the most impressive?

Post by juventus101 Thu May 02, 2013 1:24 pm

If you mean if this is the most impressive season in a while then yes. I think if they win the treble tjis could be considered one of the best seasons of all time. Win the Bundesliga in record time over fellow CL finalists Dortmund, probably going to win the Cup, possibly the CL, and destroyed Juventus and Barcelona along the way. Not to mention Arsenal, but the second leg is the only real blip on tge radar. And consecutively beating Bundesliga teams by 6+ goal margins helps too.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

If Bayern win the treble is this the most impressive? Empty Re: If Bayern win the treble is this the most impressive?

Post by sportsczy Thu May 02, 2013 2:10 pm

Ajax in the 70s and Santos in the 60s too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu May 02, 2013 6:07 pm

Dont know how you compare seasons where the clubs do all that is possible in terms of winning.

You can talk about the overall level of the team I suppose and make guesses about how they might fare but thats a pretty impossible thing.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu May 02, 2013 7:33 pm

Well I get the notion why the OP suggested it, I haven't seen a run to the UCL final were less luck was needed than Bayerns. Most teams coasted through one or two ties on luck and/or bad refs alone.

Bayern did get lukcy with refs a few times, but they hardly needed the help.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat May 04, 2013 11:53 pm

I think if Bayern win the treble, they would have had the most emphatic treble winning season. They trashed almost every team they faced. With little luck, compared to other treble winning teams.

Now when you say impressive, do you mean the results only? If so, I find Bayern to be the most impressive based on results alone. (if they win)
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by braylann Wed May 08, 2013 3:05 pm

I don't think so. They lost the 2nd leg against Arsenal at home. Smashing teams in the Bundesliga 6-0 n crap, Barca did it too in la Liga. They beat Barca by a huge margin, when Barca was off-form, had no real defenders, and Messi was injured. Messi was injured. Messi was injured. They haven´t really had much of a fight, although they do have the fact that they played several league champions. They face dortmund in the final which I know people think is cool, but it´s never cool to face a same league team in a final. It´s actually stupid.

Plus, minus ribery, their players are boring.

braylann
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Levante

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 08, 2013 5:54 pm

Not sure about impressive but it would certainly be the least talked about Treble...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Suarez99 Wed May 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Man U, Inter & Barca had huge slices of luck, if Bayern win the final without controversy then it is the most impressive
Suarez99
Suarez99
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 28, 2013 5:59 pm

I for one believe that this if they win the german cup then they are the best treble winners since Ajax in 1972.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed May 29, 2013 7:21 pm

Well, for Germany it will indeed be most impressive as they would be the first German men's team to achieve a treble in football*). BTW, as they also won the Supercup against Dortmund at the start of the season, they'd sort of have had a quadruple even ^^

*) In women football there were already three German treble wins: 1.FFC Frankfurt in 2002 + 2008 and VfL Wolfsburg only one week ago.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed May 29, 2013 7:30 pm

rwo If Bayern go on to win the sextuple next season no club will ever have had such a great season in history
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed May 29, 2013 7:36 pm

Absolutely. But they should better win it first and not just talk about it Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu May 30, 2013 1:02 pm

I fail to see how it's more impressive than other trebles, at all.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu May 30, 2013 1:16 pm

Harmonica wrote:I fail to see how it's more impressive than other trebles, at all.

More emphatic by a mile.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu May 30, 2013 1:18 pm

jibers wrote:
Harmonica wrote:I fail to see how it's more impressive than other trebles, at all.

More emphatic by a mile.
How?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu May 30, 2013 1:39 pm

The only thing they have over other treble winning teams is depth. Their XI is fantastic but so is their 2XI and 3XI. They could literally field 3 teams that would wipe almost any team in the BL bar the top few.

That depth allows them to put near their best team out in any important matches as it's so easy to rest players, you look at other teams like Barca and they struggled to even field a fit XI.

Not saying it's not impressive but being the big fish in a small pond gives them a huge advantage when it comes to europe and depth. I'm fairly sure the point gap between them and Dortmund was bigger than the difference between playoffs/relegation in nPower Championship Laughing
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu May 30, 2013 2:13 pm

Harmonica wrote:
jibers wrote:

More emphatic by a mile.
How?

United played attacking football that will never be seen on the continent again. We are the first and only team that won it based on just attacking. Barely won the EPl, scraped it past Arsenal to FA cup final, scored 2 extra time winners vs BAyern. We played naive attacking football. Great to watch but a heart attack on a plate.

Inter - Most impressive so far. At least their CL run, beat The English champions, the spanish champions and then the german champions. Hardest route to any final and hardest draw by a mile.

Barcelona - played in a league with that pathetic Real MAdrid team, with Gago-Lass pivot rofl A real Madrid team that got battered in the QF 5-0 and 4-0 away at anfield. LOL. That was your competition. Benefitted from enpurmous fortune against Chelsea, but battered us in the final. Inters was more impressive in terms of opposition in the cl i mean.

Bayern if they win on Saturdat against Stutgart, have battered the 'best team eve' 7-0, second highest aggregate loss in the semis in European cup history, beat the second best team in Europe domestically and in the german cup, beat them again. They are head ans shoulders CLEARLy the best team in Europe. Very little controversy.

In terms of style, I'd say United and Barcelona did it the most entertaining way, but in terms of assuredness, Bayern have been German in their win, ruthless, effecient and fucntional applying a few modern concepts.

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu May 30, 2013 2:23 pm

jibers wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
jibers wrote:

More emphatic by a mile.
How?

United played attacking football that will never be seen on the continent again. We are the first and only team that won it based on just attacking. Barely won the EPl, scraped it past Arsenal to FA cup final, scored 2 extra time winners vs BAyern. We played naive attacking football. Great to watch but a heart attack on a plate.

Inter - Most impressive so far. At least their CL run, beat The English champions, the spanish champions and then the german champions. Hardest route to any final and hardest draw by a mile.

Barcelona - played in a league with that pathetic Real MAdrid team, with Gago-Lass pivot rofl A real Madrid team that got battered in the QF 5-0 and 4-0 away at anfield. LOL. That was your competition. Benefitted from enpurmous fortune against Chelsea, but battered us in the final. Inters was more impressive in terms of opposition in the cl i mean.

Bayern if they win on Saturdat against Stutgart, have battered the 'best team eve' 7-0, second highest aggregate loss in the semis in European cup history, beat the second best team in Europe domestically and in the german cup, beat them again. They are head ans shoulders CLEARLy the best team in Europe. Very little controversy.

In terms of style, I'd say United and Barcelona did it the most entertaining way, but in terms of assuredness, Bayern have been German in their win, ruthless, effecient and fucntional applying a few modern concepts.

Guessed you would use the Barcelona tie as measuring stick. Laughing Bayern put 4 goals past half injured and off form Barcelona, the same as Deportivo put past fit Barcelona. rofl

Quick look to example Barcelona 08-09, considering the opposition and results

UCL

Group Barcelona > Bayern
R16 Barcelona > Bayern
QF Barcelona = Bayern
SF Barcelona < Bayern
Final Barcelona > Bayern

More emphatic, Barcelona

National Cup

Bayern beat Ausburg, Dortmund, Wolfsburg and Possibly Stuttgart
Barcelona beat A.Madrid, Espanyol, Mallorca and Bilbao

I would say more emphatic, Barcelona

National league Bayern is maybe more emphatic, put it's has less quality and competitiveness than La Liga 08-09.

Deeper we delve, more easy it is to see, how it isn't more impressive treble, at all.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu May 30, 2013 2:30 pm

Lets's agree to disagree then.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Thu May 30, 2013 2:30 pm

lszanto wrote:The only thing they have over other treble winning teams is depth. Their XI is fantastic but so is their 2XI and 3XI. They could literally field 3 teams that would wipe almost any team in the BL bar the top few.

That depth allows them to put near their best team out in any important matches as it's so easy to rest players, you look at other teams like Barca and they struggled to even field a fit XI.

Not saying it's not impressive but being the big fish in a small pond gives them a huge advantage when it comes to europe and depth. I'm fairly sure the point gap between them and Dortmund was bigger than the difference between playoffs/relegation in nPower Championship Laughing

I agree regarding their depth in general. But if u would've asked most random football fans about that before the season, they prolly would've named other (international) teams with a better bench. So in that sense, I think it's fair to say that Heynckes did great work in creating an atmosphere were all players feel more or less important and don't bitch about their role.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu May 30, 2013 2:33 pm

Toffer Harley wrote:
lszanto wrote:The only thing they have over other treble winning teams is depth. Their XI is fantastic but so is their 2XI and 3XI. They could literally field 3 teams that would wipe almost any team in the BL bar the top few.

I agree regarding their depth in general. But if u would've asked most random football fans about that before the season, they prolly would've named other (international) teams with a better bench. So in that sense, I think it's fair to say that Heynckes did great work in creating an atmosphere were all players feel more or less important and don't bitch about their role.

Oh definitely, the way Heynckes manages the rotation enough to keep them all happy is incredible. There's no doubting they are an amazing team but when it comes to seasons when you're playing 50+ games having the amount of quality that bayern has certainly helps, almost any player could get injured and they can have another step in without too much loss of quality.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum