Mr Nick09
McAgger
sportsczy
Onyx
10 posters

Go down

Phillipe Montanier to Rennes Empty Phillipe Montanier to Rennes

Post by Onyx Wed May 08, 2013 6:10 pm

Real Sociedad manager, Philippe Montanier has reportedly agreed to leave the European-bound Basque outfit and take over managerial duties for Ligue 1 side, Stade Rennes next season on a three-year deal.

According to French publication, Le 10 Sport, Rennes approached Montanier on Monday have been close contact since, with the report going so far as to say the two have reached a formal agreement on contract terms and length.

Rennes have been on the search for their new manager after current manager, Frederic Antonetti announced earlier in the year that he would leave the club at the end of the season.

Real Sociedad and Montanier have been in contract extension negotiations off and on for several months, but have you to come to an agreement, leaving the door open for Rennes to come in and present their terms.

Neither Real Sociedad or Montanier have commented on the report, as they maintain their focus in an attempt to clinch Champions League qualification for next season.

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/philippe-montanier-to-reportedly-leave-real-sociedad-for-stade-rennes/

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Phillipe Montanier to Rennes Empty Re: Phillipe Montanier to Rennes

Post by sportsczy Wed May 08, 2013 6:11 pm

Yeah... i had heard he was fuming pissed at Real Sociedad threatening to fire him early in the season. To boot, they were being cheap on his contract extension. Only a matter of a reasonable offer coming from somewhere. He was desperate to leave.

This also means Griezmann is looking to leave. Not sure about the others.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed May 08, 2013 6:15 pm

La Real Sad

RODGERS SIGN GRIEZMANN. He's the answer to our Downing problems.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 08, 2013 6:18 pm

why would griezmann want to leave if Montanier is going? their future is not tied together at all.

and before people get excited, Sociedad has a release clause of at least 30 millions on every single one of their young player. if you want them, cough up the money

news in spain was that he would get a new deal, we will see. Going from La Real to Rennes is the most miserable move i have ever seen tho
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 08, 2013 6:21 pm

Only reason Griezmann went to Sociedad was Montanier... he believed in him when nobody else did. Only reason Griezmann didn't leave was because Montanier told him to wait for a better opportunity that the ones Antoine was seeing in the summer.

Griezmann has been looking for greener pasture for about 18 months now. Atletico almost pulled the trigger in the summer... but it didn't happen.

You remember he was getting booed at home games for a bit? That's because the kid had said that he's looking for a bigger club. He's a bit immature like that tbh.

And Griezmann's contract is up in 2 years. I think 15 mil and he could be had.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed May 08, 2013 6:24 pm

sportsczy wrote:Only reason Griezmann went to Sociedad was Montanier... he believed in him when nobody else did. Only reason Griezmann didn't leave was because Montanier told him to wait for a better opportunity that the ones Antoine was seeing in the summer.

Girezmann has been looking for greener pasture for about 18 months now. Atletico almost pulled the trigger in the summer... but it didn't happen.

You remember he was getting booed at home games for a bit? That's because the kid had said that he's looking for a bigger club. He's a bit immature like that tbh.

Are you pulling that out of your ass?? Griezmann is a youth product of La Real. He's been with them since he was a teenager. Montanier only joined La Real in '11.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 08, 2013 6:24 pm

But Griezmann has been with La Real since about 2009, Montanier just came in 2 years ago.

Griezmann is a Sociedad star now, starter developing, playing CL footy next year, i dont see how their future is tied together
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed May 08, 2013 6:25 pm

Nick he's been with them even before 2009. Youth prodigy.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 08, 2013 6:26 pm

Weird one thought he would go to a bigger club than Rennes.

I'd take him all day long Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Weird one thought he would go to a bigger club than Rennes.

that's why i have a hard time believing that story. I really dont think he will leave La Real, however difficult of a time he has had there. there is CL footy on the table lol, even if he is not happy with some things there, he would think he would hold out just for the chance of playing CL footy.

Rennes is a wasteland owned by terrible owners who dont give a shit about football and wont invest a dime in the club. I will be extremely disaapointed if he is going to bury his career there.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Actually it's deeper than that. Griezmann has known Montanier for a long time. When he was being blocked in the french youth system for some reason, Montanier told him to go to Spain in 2006 when he was a kid because the style fit him the best (small kid, very good technique)... Not saying they're tied. But they've known each other since Antoine was 12. It has to influence him some.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 08, 2013 6:31 pm

Rennes is the best academy in France and are committed to promoting their kids. It's an extremely well run club. They're just not in the game of buying players. They're always in the top 10 in Ligue 1 while 80% of the club is made up of their youth products.

That's something to be proud of.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed May 08, 2013 6:45 pm

Why would Montanier leave?? and even if he left Biesla to take over hmm
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed May 08, 2013 6:50 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Weird one thought he would go to a bigger club than Rennes.

is he French!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 08, 2013 6:52 pm

yea
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 08, 2013 6:54 pm

http://www.le10sport.com/football/ligue1/rennes/exclu-mercato-montanier-daccord-avec-rennes104576

10 Du Sport say it's done. 3-year contract with Rennes.

http://www.ouest-france.fr/ofdernmin_-Stade-Rennais-Philippe-Montanier-priorite-n-1_44096-2190268-fils-tous_filDMA.Htm

Ouest France, who is extremely close to clubs in that region, have reported that a lot of progress had been made.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed May 08, 2013 7:12 pm

Sports is correct. Griezmann is a pure Sociedadi yet has known Montanier for quite a while as he considers him his 2nd father. His influence on the young French-Basque is undoubted and I wouldn't be surprised if he moves alongside of him.

Though any player in Anoeta is near untouchable which is why players are hardly bought from there outside Barca (good relations with Donostia) as Rennes would have to pay up.

Though the situation isn't like before as Antoinne has been infused with the club and knows his role as I would bank on him staying. He is a fan favourite in La Anoeta.

If Montanier moves I would be severely disappointed. I mean he has built something great in Sociedad with his usage of Basque football and his own unorthodox methods yet leaving to Rennes who have little to boast about in their own project is just baffling. With respect to Rennes who is a respectable club with an intelligent format, leaving La Real with their epic philosophy and near seal into the UCL has me gutted even if I am not a direct supporter of them.

I don't know what to believe now as Sports' and Nick' sources are the ONLY two sources I trust. I pray that this doesn't happen as otherwise La Real is royally screwed.

I'm sure he must have gotten over the early-season conflict by now.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 08, 2013 7:33 pm

Antoine wouldn't go to Rennes Arqi... but he wouldn't feel the need to stay. I have a feeling Atleti pick him off or an EPL team. I don't want him to go to EPL tbh. I think EPL destroys the development of players tactically.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 17, 2013 10:47 am

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Montanier-tout-proche/371599

L'Equipe confirming that Montanier's move to Rennes is imminent.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun May 19, 2013 6:46 pm

Real Sociedad manager, Philippe Montanier has reportedly agreed to a three-year contract with French Ligue 1 side, Stade Rennes.

According to reputable Sports daily, France Football, Montanier, who is out of contract with Real Sociedad on 30th June 2013, will abandon the Spanish side on the verge of Champions League glory to take up the helm at the struggling Ligue 1 side.

Contract renewal negotiations had stalled between the San Sebastian side and Montanier, despite his incredible success this season, leading Rennes to take advantage and swoop in with a three-year contract.

Rennes reportedly gave Real Sociedad amble time to present a counter-offer to keep Montanier, while it was reported that two weeks after the original offer, Rennes informed Montanier he had to make his decision by this coming week.

Montanier, apparently, made his decision and will succeed Frédéric Antonetti, who was informed that he would no longer be manager following this season.

Montanier has spent the past two seasons at Real Sociedad, with previous stops in Boulogne-sur-mer and Valenciennes.

http://www.francefootball.fr/news/Montanier-a-rennes/372221

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon May 20, 2013 6:06 pm

Seems amazing that he can manage the club so well with all these happening at the start of the season and they way they treat him scratch
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 21, 2013 1:03 pm

La Real confirms that Montanier is leaving. He turned down contract renewal because he felt disrespected when they offered him only one year. their loss really.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 21, 2013 2:36 pm

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Montanier-nouvel-entraineur/372617

Official... Montanier to Rennes.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Real Sociedad are reportedly turning to Newell’s old Boys Coach Gerardo Martino to replace Philippe Montanier this summer.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum