Luciano Spalletti

4 posters

Go down

Luciano Spalletti Empty Luciano Spalletti

Post by sportsczy Fri 10 May 2013 - 11:04

He's rumored to be a top candidate for replacing Carlo A at PSG. What did you guys think of him? I never really followed Roma when he was managing you guys.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Luciano Spalletti Empty Re: Luciano Spalletti

Post by McLewis Fri 10 May 2013 - 12:32

His brand of football is expansive, expressive and quite aesthetic. He's also known as the man who introduced 4-2-3-1 formation and made it popular when at Roma.

His weaknesses as a coach generally lie in matters of defense. His tactics really aren't big on them so he doesn't park the bus as much as he should. I think some of that is contributed to Roma's defenders and since PSG have a better backline, I don't really forsee that being much of a problem with him at the helm considering their midfield is also superior to Roma's.

All-in-all, he's an inspired choice, but not without risks. Isn't exactly hard to win back-to-back titles with the best team in Russia.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri 10 May 2013 - 16:44

His football is definitely easy on the eyes and brings back good memories (back to back wins against Real Madrid, 3-1 win against Chelsea, 7-0 destruction of Catania, etc). As Neal said, his limit was his defending, we lost countless 2-0 leads due to a lack of solid defending as well as a lack of opportunism at times. He did an amazing job with a limited squad and not many funds, getting the best out of players like Perrotta, Taddei, Mancini, Pizarro and, above all, switching Totti's position in the 4-2-3-1 that Neal mentioned, allowing him to win the Golden Boot in 06-07.

The main reason I'm not backing him for a return immediately is that our defense is in greater shambles than it was when he left. At PSG, I think he would have a field day with your attacking options. BUT, you could sure as hell say bye to Menez if he arrives.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun 12 May 2013 - 20:20

Oh good. Menez is gone anyhow. He cries too much since he's been benched by Lucas.... I really have cooled on Menez. All the talent, but he thinks waaay too much of himself.

That whole class of 87 for France has been meh to me other than Benzema. I thought with Benz, Ben Arfa, Menez and Nasri, that class was going to shine...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun 12 May 2013 - 20:36

My thoughts. He will give you fantastic football but will struggle to give you trophies. He is not the tactical guru (like Fargie) who trys to out-wit the opponent. He just goes on playing his brand of football (which is gorgeous) whatever the opponent, squad or result.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon 20 May 2013 - 17:05

sportsczy wrote:Oh good. Menez is gone anyhow. He cries too much since he's been benched by Lucas.... I really have cooled on Menez. All the talent, but he thinks waaay too much of himself.

That whole class of 87 for France has been meh to me other than Benzema. I thought with Benz, Ben Arfa, Menez and Nasri, that class was going to shine...

Now you know how we felt a couple years ago. Ranieri actually got him playing well for a bit when he played him centrally behind two strikers, but Spalletti and Montella never got through to him. You could see in his body language that he didn't have the determination to put in any more effort which is a shame because he has loads of talent.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum