Al Pacino,one of the greatest actors that ever lived?

+12
Great Leader Sprucenuce
spanky
juventus101
El Gunner
Arquitecto
Ali
McLewis
BarrileteCosmico
goonbrain
Forza
Firenze
King Meyy
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Al Pacino,one of the greatest actors that ever lived? - Page 2 Empty Re: Al Pacino,one of the greatest actors that ever lived?

Post by El Gunner Tue May 14, 2013 1:08 pm

Yeah, in Gangs of New York he aint the leading actor, we weren't discussing roles. We were discussing performances but I just pointed out that, IN ADDITION, he is also a magnificent- and the best leading actor.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Al Pacino,one of the greatest actors that ever lived? - Page 2 Empty Re: Al Pacino,one of the greatest actors that ever lived?

Post by El Gunner Tue May 14, 2013 1:09 pm

By the way Norton's best performance comes in American History X
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue May 14, 2013 1:31 pm

De Niro, Pacino, and Brando are the Top 3 of all time in my opinion. DDL, Di Caprio, Norton, etc are second tier. And a lot of people are mentioning some intense scenes, but personally I think The Deer Hunter was the best acting performance of all time by De Niro. That Russian roulette scene. :bow:

juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Tue May 14, 2013 2:22 pm

juventus101 wrote:De Niro, Pacino, and Brando are the Top 3 of all time in my opinion. DDL, Di Caprio, Norton, etc are second tier. And a lot of people are mentioning some intense scenes, but personally I think The Deer Hunter was the best acting performance of all time by De Niro. That Russian roulette scene. :bow:

if you were to rate the best actors in cinema history then it would be de niro, brando,jack nicholson ,pacino ordered by my liking. if your going best actors in the past 20-30 years then you would have to add in at least di caprio, michael douglas, kevin spacey, denzel washington, morgan freeman, ray liotta, joe pesci, benicio del toro, dustin hoffman, sean penn, tom hanks, anthony hopkins, nicolas cage, sean connery in no specific order and this list could very well include at least 10 more actors but it all comes to personal taste.

spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 14, 2013 3:13 pm

I think its unfair to say De Niro worked in a MUCH more varied roles than Pacino....

Lets look at Pacino's work.

Godfather trilogy, Serpico, Dog Day Afternoon, Bobby Deerfield, And Justice for All, Scarface, Sea of Love, Glengarry Glen Ross, Scent of a Woman, Heat, Carlito's Way, Donnie Brasco, The Devil's Advocate etc etc

Hardly a unvaried list of films, it should be mentioned too that his roles in each Godfather film changed drastically from the previous one.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue May 14, 2013 7:28 pm

I think DiCaprio is fantastic. Look at how well he acted even when he was a kid, amazing stuff. Always entertained with him in a movie.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue May 14, 2013 10:45 pm

spanky wrote:
juventus101 wrote:De Niro, Pacino, and Brando are the Top 3 of all time in my opinion. DDL, Di Caprio, Norton, etc are second tier. And a lot of people are mentioning some intense scenes, but personally I think The Deer Hunter was the best acting performance of all time by De Niro. That Russian roulette scene. :bow:

if you were to rate the best actors in cinema history then it would be de niro, brando,jack nicholson ,pacino ordered by my liking. if your going best actors in the past 20-30 years then you would have to add in at least di caprio, michael douglas, kevin spacey, denzel washington, morgan freeman, ray liotta, joe pesci, benicio del toro, dustin hoffman, sean penn, tom hanks, anthony hopkins, nicolas cage, sean connery in no specific order and this list could very well include at least 10 more actors but it all comes to personal taste.

Shocked you sure that's not a typo?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed May 15, 2013 1:05 am

Arquitecto wrote:

And Neal? Last of the Mohicans was a true epic and near masterpiece. I understand it was slow at parts yet it was one of the best films of the 90s.

I'll clarify. The movie, I agree with you on....DDL's casting...not so much. Very cliched and wooden role that he played in it.

Magua ffs :bow: :bow:
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Wed May 15, 2013 1:13 am

El Gunner wrote:
spanky wrote:

Shocked you sure that's not a typo?

no, nicolas cage is a highly rated actor or at least was, in the 90s he was great hell above great even, some of his performances were immaculate but in the past few years he chosen a lot of movies with a bad script/director etc and ive heard rumors that he is in a big amount of debt and that he took these parts for the money. if you see his latest movies you will see that most of them are directed/produced/starred by nobodies.

if u look at his imdb page check out his movies from the late 80's til the early 2000's (imo lord of war was his last good movie). you dont win an academy award by not being a great actor and this guy was basically an A-lister throughout the whole 90's.
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed May 15, 2013 7:47 am

No love for Tom Hanks my all time favourite.

Cast Away :bow:
Saving Private Ryan :bow:
Forrest Gump :bow:
The Green Mile :bow:
The Da Vinci Code :bow:
Apollo 13 :bow:
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Wed May 15, 2013 9:53 am

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:No love for Tom Hanks my all time favourite.

How could I ever forget him? :bow:
Amazing actor cheers
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Wed May 15, 2013 10:00 am

Needs a thread for actresses ffs...one thread for those the beautiful ones and another for those who can act Smile
Ffs...Natalie Portman... :wub:

Meryl Streep ffs :bow:
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 15, 2013 1:15 pm

My main man Arnold Schwarzenegger getting no love Mad
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 15, 2013 8:19 pm

RealGunner wrote:My main man Arnold Schwarzenegger getting no love Mad
Terminator 2: Judgement Day :bow:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed May 15, 2013 11:50 pm

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:No love for Tom Hanks my all time favourite.

I'd throw in Road to Perdition and The Terminal. I think Road to Perdition is vastly underrated, and so is his performance in The Terminal, regardless of how cheesy a movie it is. At lot of people seem to dislike Terminal, and while it's certainly not up to the standards of other films mentioned in this thread, it showcases Tom Hanks' ability to even perform on a high level in a comedy film. I don't think there are that many actors who could've performed his role of Viktor Navorski as convincingly as he did.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by King Meyy Thu May 16, 2013 7:03 am

I personally thought his acting was nothing great in the da vinci code.

King Meyy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2