goonbrain
RealGunner
REWB
BeArsenal
Jay29
33 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Newcastle United 0 - 1 Arsenal: 4th Place Trophy Secured - Page 4 Empty Re: Newcastle United 0 - 1 Arsenal: 4th Place Trophy Secured

Post by Lex Sun May 19, 2013 10:03 pm

Wilson37 wrote:Newcastle United 0 - 1 Arsenal: 4th Place Trophy Secured - Page 4 969197_619009848123434_1406742232_n
The top of Giroud's quiff must be a good 13 feet in the air Shocked

Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Newcastle United 0 - 1 Arsenal: 4th Place Trophy Secured - Page 4 Empty Re: Newcastle United 0 - 1 Arsenal: 4th Place Trophy Secured

Post by SamuelJayC Sun May 19, 2013 10:20 pm

Arsenal will be in Pot 1 of the Champions League Group stage draw again should they make it past qualifier

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/index.html …

POTENTIAL pot 1 (if Arsenal qualify & Bayern win CL) could be: Bayern Barca Real Chelsea Man Utd Arsenal Porto Benfica
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun May 19, 2013 10:34 pm

Wenger asked about PSG situation on Canal Plus: "I will be Arsenal coach next season."
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun May 19, 2013 10:49 pm

If any other PL club celebrated 4th place, nobody would question it. (Except Manchester clubs I suppose.)

The Arsenal squad celebrate, people criticize.

All it goes to show is that, implicitly, people hold Arsenal to even higher standards because even if they hate Arsenal, deep down they know they are better. Haters gon' hate. Myself, I'm guardedly optimistic about this summer ... if it goes well, a serious title challenge could be in the cards.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun May 19, 2013 10:59 pm

Chumlum wrote:If any other PL club celebrated 4th place, nobody would question it. (Except Manchester clubs I suppose.)

The Arsenal squad celebrate, people criticize.

All it goes to show is that, implicitly, people hold Arsenal to even higher standards because even if they hate Arsenal, deep down they know they are better. Haters gon' hate. Myself, I'm guardedly optimistic about this summer ... if it goes well, a serious title challenge could be in the cards.
Completely agree. It annoys me when people belittle our achievements by saying we should do better, although they do have a point, but now we're set to really achieve what we're capable of. We have a solid platform to move forward. This doesn't mean that we're guaranteed good times ahead, but I'm more excited than I have been in quite a long time.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun May 19, 2013 11:03 pm

Arsenal have won five successive Premier League away games for the first time since September 2004
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon May 20, 2013 12:11 am

add this to our 4th place trophy :coffee:
double winners then Newcastle United 0 - 1 Arsenal: 4th Place Trophy Secured - Page 4 Mike110
Newcastle United 0 - 1 Arsenal: 4th Place Trophy Secured - Page 4 Screen15
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Mon May 20, 2013 3:35 am

Newcastle United 0 - 1 Arsenal: 4th Place Trophy Secured - Page 4 772240712
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon May 20, 2013 10:58 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:Arsenal have won five successive Premier League away games for the first time since September 2004
Hopefully we carry this good form straight away into next season... We need a good start for a change next season.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 20, 2013 6:02 pm

Lex wrote:Mole, don't worry, we made you guys look like Harry's QPR who looked like Sacchi's Milan from a few weeks ago

Is this a good or bad thing i can't tell ? Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon May 20, 2013 6:31 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Lex wrote:Mole, don't worry, we made you guys look like Harry's QPR who looked like Sacchi's Milan from a few weeks ago

Is this a good or bad thing i can't tell ? Laughing

I dont know how you guys played so well tbh, you look like the real champions of of EPL. Proud

Why cant you play like this every game?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 20, 2013 6:44 pm

I couldn't comment Raptor tbh as i didn't see the game as i was at a mates party.

But reading comments from Newcastle fans it sounds like we played well in patches in the first half but didn't create much and then hoofed for much of second half.

This is a common trait, start well and then at half time Pardew gets hold of the players and cowardice shows up on the pitch in the second half.

There are some positives but unless Pardew actually learns from his varied mistakes and i doubt he will i can't see it improving that much.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon May 20, 2013 6:52 pm

You were better than you have been and caused us a few problems in the first half. Cisse and Gouffran kept making good runs down the channel and isolating Mertesacker and they made a couple of decent chances that way. You pressed us a bit and didn't make it easy for us to create chances (though we contributed to that ourselves, too).

Other than that, though, Szczesny didn't have a save to make all game. Ben Arfa threatened to create something when he kept dribbling past our midfield, but once he got towards the final third he was surrounded by two or three red shirts and forced onto his right foot, so he rarely produced anything at the end of his dribbles. Whenever you did manage to get in behind, Koscielny was always there to clean up. Your crossing and set-pieces were pretty ineffectual, too.

It was a meh game all round for both sides. The commentators kept trying to play up the drama by saying something was likely to happen, but there really wasn't.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon May 20, 2013 7:02 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

It was a meh game all round for both sides. The commentators kept trying to play up the drama by saying something was likely to happen, but there really wasn't.

I was so nervous, the jinx of commentator almost got us.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon May 20, 2013 8:33 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:You were better than you have been and caused us a few problems in the first half. Cisse and Gouffran kept making good runs down the channel and isolating Mertesacker and they made a couple of decent chances that way. You pressed us a bit and didn't make it easy for us to create chances (though we contributed to that ourselves, too).

Other than that, though, Szczesny didn't have a save to make all game. Ben Arfa threatened to create something when he kept dribbling past our midfield, but once he got towards the final third he was surrounded by two or three red shirts and forced onto his right foot, so he rarely produced anything at the end of his dribbles. Whenever you did manage to get in behind, Koscielny was always there to clean up. Your crossing and set-pieces were pretty ineffectual, too.

Newcastle really weren't that good to me, I thought we were just nervous, thus Newcastle getting chances.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 21, 2013 12:51 am

LOOOOOOOOL (watch all of it )

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 21, 2013 12:54 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:You were better than you have been and caused us a few problems in the first half. Cisse and Gouffran kept making good runs down the channel and isolating Mertesacker and they made a couple of decent chances that way. You pressed us a bit and didn't make it easy for us to create chances (though we contributed to that ourselves, too).

Sounds very familiar Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue May 21, 2013 4:06 am

El Gunner wrote:

Newcastle really weren't that good to me, I thought we were just nervous, thus Newcastle getting chances.
i thought they pressed well in the mid.. Tiotes physical game was giving problems for Santi and Rosicky.. and they had more possession than us.. we have seen this a lot of games when we were surely the better team but had less posession.. dont know whether it is good or bad.. and i was damn angry about starting immobile Poldi as CF.. he was crap again yesterday.. i dont think he has what to play as the lone CF.. his position should be as LW or a support striker..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Tue May 21, 2013 5:39 pm

RealGunner wrote:LOOOOOOOOL (watch all of it )

rofl

What's Rosicky doing with a guitar in an interview room? Laughing
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed May 22, 2013 9:25 am

Rev wrote:
RealGunner wrote:LOOOOOOOOL (watch all of it )

rofl

What's Rosicky doing with a guitar in an interview room? Laughing
of course, he is little Mozart.. right ?
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum