I want to play in Serie A, says Verratti

Go down

I want to play in Serie A, says Verratti Empty I want to play in Serie A, says Verratti

Post by DeviAngel Wed May 29, 2013 4:29 am

The Italy starlet insists he is happy to stay at Paris Saint-Germain but would relish the chance to compete in the top league in his home country

Marco Verratti has revealed that he wants to return to Serie A one day, though he insists he is currently happy at Paris Saint-Germain.

The Italy international moved to the French capital in the summer of 2012 from Pescara before making his Serie A debut, although he has been linked with a return to his native shores with Scudetto winners Juventus.

He has impressed in les Parisiens’ run to the Ligue 1 title, as well as the Champions League quarter-finals, but admitted he wants to try his luck in Italy’s top flight once he has achieved further success in France.

“Someday I would like to play in Serie A. It was my childhood dream,” he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"For me, the Italian championship is always the best. Once I am finished in Paris, my goal is to go back.

"I'm happy in Paris and I will not move. I'm happy to have entered into an important project and the history of the club by winning Ligue 1. I want to try to win the Champions League.”

Verratti, dubbed by many as ‘the next Andrea Pirlo’, has been utilised in a more defensive role by coach Carlo Ancelotti during the current campaign after originally joining the club as a more advanced playmaker.

And the 20-year-old believes he is most effective in his new position.

“In front of the defence is now my role. I am not fast enough to play up front,” he continued.

“My idol has always been [Fiorentina midfielder David] Pizarro. He never loses the ball, he has proven he is still a great. After that, it is clear: in Italy, [Andrea] Pirlo is number one.”

Verratti went on to insist he has always enjoyed working with Ancelotti after rumours of a rift between the pair earlier in the season.

He admits he would be sorry to see the Italian coach leave Parc des Princes should rumours linking him with Real Madrid come to fruition.

He added: “I would really hate it if there were a change [in coaches]. He's a fantastic person, on and off the pitch.

“There has never been a disagreement in the dressing room, [although] we fight as well, he tells me when I'm wrong.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum