Zealous
RealGunner
63 posters

Page 6 of 39 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 39  Next

Go down

Game of Thrones - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - Part 2

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:43 am

Im still in shock ffs

Us non-bookreaders need to stick together, we need to look out for each other in our time of need

We can pull through this, together

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:05 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Im still in shock ffs

Us non-bookreaders need to stick together, we need to look out for each other in our time of need

We can pull through this, together

Heart
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:25 am

Jon wasn't really playing Ygritte - yes, the plan was always to double-cross the wildlings, but that was before he wound up falling for Ygritte...Which gave him pause and presented him with a conundrum

At the end of the day, he chose his duty over his own desires in true Stark fashion Proud

Daario Nahaaris got overshadowed in that episode but he is way way cooler in the TV show than the books. In the books GRRM won't shut the f*ck up about how he looks, I think he mentions his hair and gold tooth like 20 times, the fact that hes an extremely capable warrior and has a quick wit shows far better in the TV show

"I do not consider a day lived until I have loved a woman, slain a foe, and eaten a fine meal" ffs :bow:

Also:
"I have no interest in slaves, a man cannot make love to property"

I think Daenarys got pregnant from hearing him say that Laughing

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:41 am

RealGunner wrote:Does the quality drop in the latter books ?

The 4th book is complete and utter garbage. However, the 5th is good again.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:54 am

Damn...how GRRM is going to wrap all this shit up by book 7 I have no idea.
I found this from imdb..not spoilers...:

"Author George R.R. Martin was asked if he had a resolution or ending to the seemingly endless conflict. He replied that the end would be a cloud of dust or snow being driven by the wind across a vast graveyard full of tombstones."

Lot more characters are going to be introduced. So, considering what he said...fffffff...My brain hurts thinking about it Crying or Very sad
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:57 am

Gil wrote:
Think it's cause I'm a Leo.

Dude, please, tell me that you don't believe in astrology. That would be very embarrasing, especially after your pedantic post.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:04 pm

the final's going to be joffrey's wedding right?

that will be even more fun Proud
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:05 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Oh one more difference with the books

Spoiler:

Cathelyn acting was incredible. She completely changed her face. It was like another person.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:07 pm

Legend wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BL1rEOwCYAI4p6_.jpg

Lmfao rofl

Also, no way did you predict it Gil, not without having seen/heard any spoilers or hints beforehand.

Could you see a betrayal coming? Yeah why not.

Some of the main characters/the main good guy left in the whole show all getting killed? Me has meh doubts son. Me has meh doubts.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:11 pm

Just watched it, *bleep* damn frey pussies :brickwall:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:24 pm

I have a question for those who have read A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons .

I'm currently reading the 4th book , though i haven't read more than a few chapters . Can i interchange between chapters from book 4 and 5 ? Is it possible ?

for instance , let's say first chapter of book 4 ,could i go from that to first chapter in book 5 , then chapter 2 in 4th book and so on ..?
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:47 pm

Dante wrote:I have a question for those who have read A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons .

I'm currently reading the 4th book , though i haven't read more than a few chapters . Can i interchange between chapters from book 4 and 5 ? Is it possible ?

for instance , let's say first chapter of book 4 ,could i go from that to first chapter in book 5 , then chapter 2 in 4th book and so on ..?

To an extend, yes. There are some websites that tells you how to switch chapters from book 4nto book 5.
But i would recomment that you read the book 4 completely before moving to book 5. Book 5 also contains stuff that takes place after the event in book 4. ie, some of the characters from AFFC take over in ADWD when you have read 75% of that book.

It is much more fun if you dont read the 2 books at the same time. It would provide some suspenses about some characters. If you read both the books at the same time, you would immediately know what happened to some characters and that would ruin the excitement big time.

AFFC, despite being the most uneventful of the series, you would find the chapters Jaime, Dornish and ironborn chapters a good read. There are some powerful moments. AFFC also tell us more about the life of the common folk.
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:05 pm

Day 2 after seeing 'Red wedding'

11.30am: Woke up, sobbing gently into my pillow. Stared outside the window, questioned if the outdoors was really real, or was it all just some big plot twist hmm

12.02pm: Fully washed and ready, I make myself a coffee to help wake up. I see flashbacks from the wedding, I drop the cup and it shatters. As if in slow motion. I cry some more.

2.20pm: An advert for the season finale is shown, can't help but think of the wolf. Throw yet another cup of coffee at the t.v. Then I proceed to curl up into a ball and cry a bit more. I miss the northeners Sad

2.47pm: A friend calls me, I shout at him and hang up, he's clearly not real. It's all just another plot twist. I cry into my hands, I see wolfs everywhere.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:22 pm

I know everyone is talking about the Red Wedding, but one thing that kind of bothered me was how Bran's arc has been kinda botched this season.

I remember someone saying he's not so interesting... I think he's got some very cool parts and the events in this ep were one of those parts. Instead they've given airtime to Samwise Gamgee and others who didn't need it.

In the book I thought it was perfect the way Bran's crew came across the wildlings and him becoming the wolf and saving Jon could have been a great part of the finale. Instead it was way too rushed and all the minor significance such as Bran fulfilling his abilities, saving Jon at a point where he really needed it and Jon having a fleeting moment where he realises its Bran's direwolf.

Way too rushed... they should have introduced Bran trying to learn how to get into Summer's mind much earlier and built it up slowly.

On the Red Wedding... I was disappointed that they didn't imply that Arya dies too... Its supposed to be a massive bash on the head with the blunt end of an axe, not a tiny tap on the head. I remember that had me really shocked and then it was awesome finding out she was OK. Bizarre they gave up on 2 really interesting things by cutting that out.

Also should have shown Grey Wind struggling more... it could have been even more moving, yes.

Should have cut Samwise Gamgee and Danyaerys from this one... Just focus on Bran and the Red Wedding.

But... fking amazing nonetheless :bow: Catelyn's performance :bow:
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Next time I go to a wedding, i'm not bringing a girlfriend along and at the first sign of musicians on a balcony, i'm going.

Don't care.

Also, the problem with bran this season is compared to everybody else, he's surrounded by in my opinion not very interesting characters. To add to this, for a few episodes running it's just been him having idle chat whilst being carted around in the middle of nowhere. I think it's by comparison a lot less interesting than Rob stark waging war, Daenarys freeing slaves, Stannis getting mixed up with the lord of light etc etc.

I think it'll be more appealing when his abilities play a bigger role, like in this episode.

But up until then, it was just him being carted around and talking about his visions/dreams.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:33 pm

che wrote:the final's going to be joffrey's wedding right?

that will be even more fun Proud

Unlikely.

Too much to build up before that.
bazinga
bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:34 pm

goonbrain wrote:
Dante wrote:I have a question for those who have read A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons .

To an extend, yes. There are some websites that tells you how to switch chapters from book 4nto book 5.
But i would recomment that you read the book 4 completely before moving to book 5. Book 5 also contains stuff that takes place after the event in book 4. ie, some of the characters from AFFC take over in ADWD when you have read 75% of that book.

It is much more fun if you dont read the 2 books at the same time. It would provide some suspenses about some characters. If you read both the books at the same time, you would immediately know what happened to some characters and that would ruin the excitement big time.

AFFC, despite being the most uneventful of the series, you would find the chapters Jaime, Dornish and ironborn chapters a good read. There are some powerful moments. AFFC also tell us more about the life of the common folk.

Thank you very much , i will follow your advice.I suppose i should be reading it like GRRM wanted it to anyway

I get the majority hates the Lannisters , so i think i can understand why most don't like this book much Laughing Anyway , i always wanted even more Lannister and their perspective of things and it's so worth it lol.

Spoiler:
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:38 pm

Dante wrote:I get the majority hates the Lannisters , so i think i can understand why most don't like this book much Laughing Anyway , i always wanted even more Lannister and their perspective of things and it's so worth it lol.

Long live the Lannisters :bow:
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:38 pm

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Day 2 after seeing 'Red wedding'

11.30am: Woke up, sobbing gently into my pillow. Stared outside the window, questioned if the outdoors was really real, or was it all just some big plot twist hmm

12.02pm: Fully washed and ready, I make myself a coffee to help wake up. I see flashbacks from the wedding, I drop the cup and it shatters. As if in slow motion. I cry some more.

2.20pm: An advert for the season finale is shown, can't help but think of the wolf. Throw yet another cup of coffee at the t.v. Then I proceed to curl up into a ball and cry a bit more. I miss the northeners Sad

2.47pm: A friend calls me, I shout at him and hang up, he's clearly not real. It's all just another plot twist. I cry into my hands, I see wolfs everywhere.

3:12 pm: got into a state of drunken rage and kept on violently assaulting Arq, came to subdue father only to see turn over his face to see tears rushing out of his eyes. I embraced him as he rested his head on my shoulder and told him to let it all out, he wailed and and cried in a loud voice on my shoulder.

Just like this

Last edited by El Shaarawy on Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:41 pm

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Day 2 after seeing 'Red wedding'

Game of Thrones - Part 2 - Page 6 Sad-i-know-that-feel-bro_3969556_lrg
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:45 pm

SaintJoe wrote:
Dante wrote:I get the majority hates the Lannisters , so i think i can understand why most don't like this book much Laughing Anyway , i always wanted even more Lannister and their perspective of things and it's so worth it lol.

Long live the Lannisters :bow:

finaly a Lion bro Proud

who else is with the lions ffs Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:49 pm

"The North will never forget this"

If that isn't foreshadowing then i dont know what is lol
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:53 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:"The North will never forget this"

There won't be a north to remember at this rate rofl
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:55 pm

Lmfao ES and S. Joe rofl

Dem feels Sad

Dat child abuse.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:58 pm

Dante wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:"The North will never forget this"

There won't be a north to remember at this rate rofl

See my theory on page 3 hmm

(Albeit it is half assed and i haven't read the books lol)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:04 pm

Gil wrote:For some reason I can't get into the whole medeival themed shows. I mean my entire timeline blew up when it happened while the only thought on my mind was when does Breaking Bad come back on. :facepalm:

Think it's cause I'm a Leo.

I'm serious about predicting it by the way. My sister can confirm.

We need a nomination process for funniest quote of the year.

"it's cause I'm a leo" :bow: :bow: :bow:

"my sister can confirm: Laughing Laughing

you ARE like 12, right? otherwise i don't get it...
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 39 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 39  Next