goonbrain
Le Samourai
Motogp69
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 9 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25 ... 41  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 9 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:05 pm

So how are they going to show Bronn marrying Lollys and becoming Lord Stokesworth along with Jamie going out with Bronn(illyn in the books), telling him his secrets and practising with him?

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 9 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by Motogp69 Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:36 am

I have a feeling that the creative directors of the show might end up going their own way since they know how the story ends even though GRRM doesn't seem to know how he wants to get there.

Oh, and welcome back RG, you were missed :coffee:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:49 am

I was never gone hmm

Any ways I read the original dance of the dragon a while back. Forgot to write about it.

That whole episode is probably the most bloodiest and ruthless thing I have read anywhere Laughing

Targaryens are mental lmao. They didn't even realise that in their feud, their family name was the one which got tarnished and basically started the end of the Targaryen dynasty.

All the dragons were slain. The eggs that were left ended up causing the death of many other Targaryens specially Aegon the unlikely who was probably the best king since Baelor the blessed.

Great read though.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:44 pm

They were not going to put Bronn in a minor role. He is a really popular character and I think it's a smart move to have him replace Ilyn Payne.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:39 pm

I'm on page 223 on Dance with Dragons, but I am starting to read in a slow pace lately, I don't want to finish the book and then wait 12312461 years for the next one.

Really when will the next book come out?
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:11 pm

StrugaRock wrote:I'm on page 223 on Dance with Dragons, but I am starting to read in a slow pace lately, I don't want to finish the book and then wait 12312461 years for the next one.

Your guess is as good as mine
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:42 pm

StrugaRock wrote:I'm on page 223 on Dance with Dragons, but I am starting to read in a slow pace lately, I don't want to finish the book and then wait 12312461 years for the next one.

Between 2015-2017.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:25 pm

RealGunner wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:WARNING: IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS, GET OUT! THIS THREAD IS DARK AND FULL OF SPOILERS.

So who else is excited for Tyrion's death? That will be gruesome.

Spoiler:

FFS Why didn't you tell me it was a joke Mad

All year, I spent in despair and depression thinking he was dead in the end Mad

When i entered this thread with the intention of putting this post down and leave with my eyes closed , i could never imagine that the first post would contain something like this ; i saw Barrilete's post and i immediately thought i saw a spoiler and i felt about crying for a few secs... then Trolldolski pops up from the spoiler tab and i realised he was joking about Tyrion's trial and all and man , i laughed so hard at what Barrilete did there.. i always kept it in my mind to see your reaction about it and i can say you didn't dissapoint

that was so hilarious , diabolical i'd say Laughing

Also , good to see you finally read the books  Thumbs up 
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:42 pm

Best decision I have ever made.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:41 pm

*bleep* the lannisters.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:16 pm

Juveman17 wrote:*bleep* the lannisters.

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ31huBg6W6nWnziPqVupELHxwOmCMQlSwNVX584Wm_fwacjsOo2A

you don't *bleep* with the lions :coffee:
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:41 pm

Especially lions that will die soon :coffee:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:42 am

You're obviously right i have nothing to say :coffee:

in fact , if we go by the books , Lannisters are at a really crucial point in everything when the last book ended .. actually let's use this thread for what it is meant to be Laughing

What do you guys think is going to happen with the lannisters in winds of winter? And obviously , what do you have to say about their state and actions in books 4 and 5. I'd say , for starters , that their nighmares only just begun .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:50 am

They will all burn. Except for Tyrion. Frankly I will only feel bad for Tommen, who seems to be a good kid, but with Aegon conquering the stormlands (and I imagine King's Landing) and Dany (eventually) reaching Westeros I feel like there's no way he will make it alive. I predict he will die by face smashed against the wall, Gregor vs Aegon style.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:07 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:They will all burn. Except for Tyrion. Frankly I will only feel bad for Tommen, who seems to be a good kid, but with Aegon conquering the stormlands (and I imagine King's Landing) and Dany (eventually) reaching Westeros I feel like there's no way he will make it alive. I predict he will die by face smashed against the wall, Gregor vs Aegon style.

That's pretty disturbing for me to agree with .. but i guess , all houses have their turn for GRRM hammering at some point Laughing

In a more serious note , it's almost exactly what i think it will happen to them as well. But can we trully predict anything , except specific foreshadowing ? I mean , Cercei is going to end up badly , that's what her story deserves , that's where her actions lead her and i believe we are safe to say ,(even from a writers point of view) she has crossed every available line and she's locked in for death , however the Lannisters end up . ok.

You do think they will end up like the Castameres then?
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:49 am

Maggy The Frog's prophecy will come true.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/Prophecies/Entry/1827

Both Myrcella and Tommen will die and Cersei will be killed by valonqar Jaime. I think if Jaime dies, he will die a hero's death, restoring honor to the Lannister name.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:20 pm

Yea agreed with m99

Jaime is the valonqar and not Tyrion as Cersei fears.

Maybe Lady Stoneheart will order Jamie to kill Cersei to prove that he really has changed and when Jaime sees that Cersei is on the verge of destroying the whole kingdom after ordering a war between the Dorne and the highgarden(as she would think that one of them killed Sir Kevan), Jaime would probably kill her to stop all of this.

However the prophecy says she will outlive all her children. I can see Arya coming back to kill Tommen. Don't know why but she has to come back to Westeros soon and that might be the reason. Marcylla will probably be killed by one of the sand snakes.

Cersei will eventually go mad in the end and become 'The Mad Queen' and as Jaime once killed Aerys, he will then kill Cersei.

What next for Jaime? I think he will take the black. It really will be a good ending for him to take the black and maybe become the 1000th Lord Commander of the Nights Watch. Surely GRRM has made Jon the 998th for a reason? Bowen Marsh might become the 999th after Jon's death and then the 1000th might be either Jaime or Jon Starkgaryen after resurrecting as Azor Ahai.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:16 pm

Since when did Arya start saying 'Tywin' and 'Red Woman' in her list of death wishes? Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:54 am

She is expanding her future GOATness, the joy of television :coffee:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:56 am

Was that Coldhands on the end?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:41 pm

M99 wrote:

Doesn't Coldhands ride a giant Elk like thingy haven't gone back to the book in a while?
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 pm

nichabr wrote:
M99 wrote:

Doesn't Coldhands ride a giant Elk like thingy haven't gone back to the book in a while?

Yeah and he is also described as wearing a big black cloak and hood. That's probably just a white walker on second thoughts.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:57 am

Cold Hands rides great Elk and he wasn't wearing the black, but it wouldn't be the first time the show strayed from the books.

Admittedly, I thought the final scene was of Cold Hands as well.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:08 am

Won't be surprised if it is him and the show took some sort of U turn. Or it can just be a white walker.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:39 pm

I am convinced now it's just a white walker. Coldhands is heavily implied to be dead, a wight. A White Walker is a being entirely different from humans and that thing looks exactly like a white walker.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:57 pm

An absolute must read: http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1x7m99/spoilers_all_tormunds_member_and_the_issue_of/
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25 ... 41  Next