goonbrain
Le Samourai
Motogp69
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 19 of 41 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 30 ... 41  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 19 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Thu May 15, 2014 12:40 am

What does everyone think of the Dragon binding horn?

Legit? red herring?

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 19 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by StrugaRock Thu May 15, 2014 1:03 am

"Someone somewhere will find a way to blame the Dornishmen."

By far the funniest quote on the last book
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 15, 2014 5:07 am

RealGunner wrote:What does everyone think of the Dragon binding horn?

Legit? red herring?
Too much of a coincidence that the dragon horn that happens to burn everyone is arriving with the red priest that presumably doesn't get burnt by fire. I think it's legit because it solves a logistical problem for GRRM: how do I get the dragons to behave nicely so they'll go to westeros?

Also have you guys read the theory comparing Euron's horn to Mance's horn? The two are nearly identical. Very interesting.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 15, 2014 5:15 pm

Yea exactly what I was getting at. They could very well be the same horn.

Which makes it interesting because what if Binds an Ice dragon buried in the wall and it breaks the ball when the horn is blown?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Thu May 15, 2014 7:04 pm

I'm expecting Bran or Jon to find the Horn of Winter or even the Others have it at their disposal.

and I think they are different horns, one to bring the wall down and one to control dragons, which would bring out one big battle vs Dragons(Fire) and White Walkers(ice) in the very end. but that is only my theory.

Anyhow, who do you think will be the three heads to ride the dragons?
First one is Dany, the second one probably Aegon, but who will be the third head?
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 15, 2014 7:50 pm

StrugaRock wrote:I'm expecting Bran or Jon to find the Horn of Winter or even the Others have it at their disposal.

and I think they are different horns, one to bring the wall down and one to control dragons, which would bring out one big battle vs Dragons(Fire) and White Walkers(ice) in the very end. but that is only my theory.

Anyhow, who do you think will be the three heads to ride the dragons?
First one is Dany, the second one probably Aegon, but who will be the third head?

Jon Snow, the son of Rhaegar Targaereyan and Lyanna Stark.

And I think Aegon is a Blackfyre and Dany's dragons will end him.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri May 16, 2014 12:57 pm

Jon Snow , the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark..

I wish now i had never stepped into that site with all the theories. Turns out , i really didn't want to know. People have had so much time to analyse that this is basically spoiling it away . It is beyond a certainty legit in my eyes.

After i read about it so much , tens of pages , i realised i don't want to read any more about theories . I would like to feel my mind getting blown away by the revelation , when the time came , but now that's not possible , because let's face it , the R+L=J theory is legit , if one theory in the world of asoiaf ever was .

I will still check a theory here and there , like the one Dosto posted from the link (he's definitely onto something there) , but as a rule i tend to avoid the vast majority of them these days. I am trying to forget most of the theories i read some time ago , so to not have expectations , where i can help it.

Jon Snow i can't , he's R+L son , end . It's over analysed really. Benioff and Weiss found out about it like it was nothing , just to get the job Laughing.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat May 17, 2014 7:03 am

I definitely know what you mean Dante, it would be amazing to read without having had an incling as to the identity of Jon's parents, however at the same time, knowing that gives you the most incredible sense of smugness when hearing show watchers talk about the world. Laughing

As for the other theories, things like whether Aegon is real or fake, the identity of Lightbringer, the plan of Bloodraven, who will survive etc, all these things I don't mind reading because I feel there's so much uncertainty. There are so many great theories which are contradictory in nature, so I don't feel like they'll spoil the experience of the next two books.

I finally managed to watch this week's episode after a really busy week, absolutely perfect performance by Peter Dinklage.

Also Dante which theory in particular were you referring to? I've posted quite a few, ie Ragnorak, Lightbringer.

Also I can't stop watching this, it's the funniest thing ever. rofl
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat May 17, 2014 9:16 am

What do you guys think of Darkstar? There are a lot of theories about him. He is a fascinating character for me, most mysterious after Euron. We don't know what his motivations are, why he tried to kill Myrcella and why exactly Doran called him the most dangerous man in Dorne. Even Oberyn was said to detest him.

The top two crackpot theories of Darkstar are that he is Oberyn's son and the other is that he was the squire of Ser Arthur Dayne and knows what happened in the Tower Of Joy.

There is speculation that the prologue of Winds Of Winter will be Darkstar killing Areo Hotah or telling Balon Swann that Hotah was the one who killed Ser Arys Oakheart. And that he will steal Dawn, he makes his disdain and jealousy of Arthur Dayne quite clear.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat May 17, 2014 1:26 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Haven't seen the latest episode, will comment on it later.

Is anyone familiar with this theory about Jon being Lightbringer in the Azor Ahai Reborn tale?

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/103266-r-l-lightbringer-updated-with-part-ii/

Edit: Just checked and the theory is 17,000 words long, so not expecting instant answers. Laughing

i was talking about this one. Tbh , it's one of the best i've read so far , even though i read it at the time you posted the link , so i will probably need to check it again to express my opinion with more detail.It's so big , i probably have forgotten most of it by now Laughing. Although with a few words i can easily say , he has put so much work and thought on it , nothing sort of impressive. In fact , impressive does his theory no justice at all , it's extraordinary how delicately and methodically he went through everything .

I had a similar idea of Rhaegar's son being the lightbringer ( though i can't really recall now why i said it back then hmm), it's somewhere here on the previous GoT thread , though not anywhere near close to this , just pure speculation about Jon , i think it must have been when i first read about Jon being R+L son. I will definitely read all 3 parts again when i have the time and then post a few things about it.

_

As for the rest , well what can i say , it won't go back now . What i've read , it's finite . You are right that enough of them contradict each other or maybe many stuff are only crackpots and in that sense , i agree nothing is certain , so it's ok to have some good time reading about asoiaf and what people are thinking.

Yet , the fact is , that all of us who have read most of the theories , have made our own conclusions ; have our own expectations ; have our own prefferances and our own rejects. The time will come when we will read the next books and i believe , in more than one occasion , many of us will be thinking like , "oh said theory was right about this" , "oh this was crackpot afterall" ; or we may don't even like this or that outcome , because of the expectations we held from the theories. What i am saying is ,

we have been somewhat preset in certain future paths of the story , of which , whatever their end might possibly be , the unique feelings of excitement and amazement on finding out about something so big like Jon's parents won't even make the slightest impression on most book readers , cause too much of that has been effectively drained by the theories .

And there's my point ; if i could help that now , i would omit that from happening. I would preffer myself be like , " oh you @#$^ POS Martin , wtf did i just read , wat ?!1! " , kind of thing .

i would like that to happen , and not , "ah , Aegon is a blackfyre afterall , the pos at asoiaf forums were right ..cool" Laughing

anyway , like you said. Most are not going to be true , so , i guess we're safe in the majority of cases and i guess , Martin's work will be so good that he won't dissapoint in the slightest , whatever the fans think of theories and all.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat May 17, 2014 1:38 pm

I agree with a lot of what you say. Our only hope is that Martin takes so damn long to release TWOW that we'll have forgotten everything anyway. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat May 17, 2014 1:51 pm

dostoevsky wrote:I agree with a lot of what you say. Our only hope is that Martin takes so damn long to release TWOW that we'll have forgotten everything anyway. Laughing

I've read the books twice and my memory of what happens in DwD is fuzzy to say the least

I totally forgot about Jon getting betrayed until RG brought it up a couple pages ago Laughing
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat May 17, 2014 1:59 pm

Hope? had it be we could bet on it we would be rich come the next book Laughing

anyway . yes , i try my very best to avoid these forums for as much as i can , i haven't even read the books for a 2nd time , because of the theories... seen that , foreseen that , this is said because of that , that character said these words ..ugh , GTFO of my head stupid crackpots. Laughing

I plan to forget big time , as many details i can forget , the better it will be for me , even though i realise that it will mostly fail as a purpose. lol . At least i will forget all the crackpots and their details and all. That i think i can manage , up to a certain extend always..

However , for people who visit these forums in a long time now , for those who have invested big in theories , i must say there's little to no hope for them at all , unless they believe it won't affect them in any sort of way.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 17, 2014 2:08 pm

M99 wrote:What do you guys think of Darkstar? There are a lot of theories about him. He is a fascinating character for me, most mysterious after Euron. We don't know what his motivations are, why he tried to kill Myrcella and why exactly Doran called him the most dangerous man in Dorne. Even Oberyn was said to detest him.

The top two crackpot theories of Darkstar are that he is Oberyn's son and the other is that he was the squire of Ser Arthur Dayne and knows what happened in the Tower Of Joy.

There is speculation that the prologue of Winds Of Winter will be Darkstar killing Areo Hotah or telling Balon Swann that Hotah was the one who killed Ser Arys Oakheart. And that he will steal Dawn, he makes his disdain and jealousy of Arthur Dayne quite clear.

I never paid attention to him before. But he does seem like an eerie character.

I grew fond of Areo so I would be sad if he kills him.

If Dawn is LightBringer than that makes it interesting if he steals it. Also I didn't even know he was jealous of Arthur Dayne lol.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 17, 2014 2:14 pm

Regarding theories

I think 60-70% are red herrings. Specially the theories that Jon and Daenerys will fight against the others together and live happily ever after Laughing

Dragons will kill each other. Might not even make it to the wall.
Daenerys will die in the end when Jon stabs her in the heart to make the ultima weapon.
Jon might even be dead. GRRM's ultimate twist.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat May 17, 2014 2:29 pm

RealGunner wrote:Regarding theories

I think 60-70% are red herrings. Specially the theories that Jon and Daenerys will fight against the others together and live happily ever after Laughing

Dragons will kill each other. Might not even make it to the wall.
Daenerys will die in the end when Jon stabs her in the heart to make the ultima weapon.
Jon might even be dead. GRRM's ultimate twist.

loooool ultimate troll

End of the Series: Bran wakes up, he has been asleep since Jamie pushed him off the tower, entire story is a dream Laughing
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 17, 2014 11:45 pm

"Only Cat" on Sunday bounce bounce bounce

They have to do this PERFECTLY. Make all of the non book reading pos have NO clue whatsoever what littlefinger is going to do.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 18, 2014 10:21 am

RealGunner wrote:
M99 wrote:What do you guys think of Darkstar? There are a lot of theories about him. He is a fascinating character for me, most mysterious after Euron. We don't know what his motivations are, why he tried to kill Myrcella and why exactly Doran called him the most dangerous man in Dorne. Even Oberyn was said to detest him.

If Dawn is LightBringer than that makes it interesting if he steals it. Also I didn't even know he was jealous of Arthur Dayne lol.

As she led the princess to the fire, Arianne found Ser Gerold behind her. "My house goes back ten thousand years, unto the dawn of days," he complained. "Why is it that my cousin is the only Dayne that anyone remembers?"

"He was a great knight," Ser Arys Oakheart put in.

"He had a great sword," Darkstar said.

I don't know why the show put Lysa's stunning revelation in episode 5. Should have put it in "Only Cat" just like in the books.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 19, 2014 5:37 pm

Only Cat>>>>>>your sister.

I have a feeling Brienne and Pod will bump into Lady Stoneheart. We won't get that epic Mertett Frey epilogue but jump straight to Brienne's last chapter on A Feast For Crows. Hope I'm wrong though.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 20, 2014 9:04 pm

Gotta say, A Song Of Ice And Fire Reddit is hilarious Laughing

Gregor looks like a WWE villian

WAIT, IS THAT THE RAINS OF CASTAMERE I HEAR??

BAH GAWD KING THOSE EXTRAS HAVE FAMILIES!

HE BROKE ELIA IN HAFFF!

AND NOW THE RED VIPER IS ASKING FOR A MICROPHONE!

DID HE? OH MY GOD HE DID, HE POISONED TIPPED HIS SPEAR! HIS SPEAR! SOMEONE LOOK THAT UP IN THE RULE BOOK BECAUSE I THINK THAT'S A DISQUALIFICATION.

OH NO, THE MOUNTAIN IS GOING INTO THE CROWD!

OH MY GOD ITS SANDOR CLEGANE! WHAT THE HELL IS SANDOR CLEGANE DOING HERE?

VINTAGE HOUND!!! OUTTA NOWHERE!!!

HE'S NOT EVEN SCHEDULED TO BE IN THE BUILDING TONIGHT! BAH GAWD, WE ALL THOUGHT HE WAS UP BY THE TRIDENT!

rofl
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 20, 2014 9:39 pm

M99 wrote:Only Cat>>>>>>your sister.

I have a feeling Brienne and Pod will bump into Lady Stoneheart. We won't get that epic Mertett Frey epilogue but jump straight to Brienne's last chapter on A Feast For Crows. Hope I'm wrong though.
Meh, I'm sure if he had said "only cat" many watchers would've been like "who?" and it conveys exactly the same meaning.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed May 21, 2014 3:17 pm

i was thinking the same thing about this..

Anyway . Another really good episode. Trollfinger Proud

If you ask me , they did it all perfectly. The scene with Sansa making winterfell out of snow , the set up around her , Lysa watching , Lysa's death in the end , Littlefinger e.t.c , was exactly in the same mood i imagined it. Not much they could do more imo , perhaps with the Mountain slaughtering peasants for breakfast.. well that was a bit unnecessary , yet i would say this did not dissapoint me , or made the episode any harm in any sense. If i had a small issue would be with the Hound and Arya ; even though i do appreciate all the more Hound-Arya-kill people scenes , well , i had it else in my mind . This change in their relationship is something i didn't see coming , even though i still believe Arya will somehow leave him (supposedly) to die soon.

Nevertheless , it was all very interesting , that i cannot deny. I am eager to see what they have done in the show till eventually Arya finally departs for Braavos.

Cant wait for the show to restart , next 3 episodes are going to be unforgettable , the epic fight and all and everything that comes after.

With that being said , i am not especially eager to reach that moment when we find out who doesn't shit gold afterall Evil or Very Mad
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed May 21, 2014 3:25 pm

Regarding Arya and the hound she certainly will leave him soon as he finally picked up a wound similar to that that (supposedly) killed him in the books.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed May 21, 2014 3:59 pm

yeah , it seems very like it.

It will be interesting to see how it actually happens . Wonder in what state he will be when we last see of him this season ..  hmm

they have to play this card very carefully , otherwise people will take it for granted he's not dead or best of cases , the majority will have serious doubts straight away . The show leaving him comatose or in almost under certain death circumstances , will leave a greater mark on the whole arc , something which deserves after all these episodes together .

People should have few to no doubts that he died there and i think they might have already accomplished that with Arya and the Hound getting a bit closer , in their own way.. The sympathetic , i get you-bond they've seemed to have between them now , it will make it look quite shocking for most to see Arya leaving him there to die , possibly saying some of the stuff from the books as well , then leave ..

Sure he's dead now , Arya wouldn't leave him like that if not , they will think Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 21, 2014 9:27 pm

From Lena Headey's instagram.

http://instagram.com/p/nEeNM0PA3L/#

banana
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu May 22, 2014 12:14 am

M99 wrote:From Lena Headey's instagram.

http://instagram.com/p/nEeNM0PA3L/#

banana

Shits about to get real :coffee:

Not sure what they are going to do about Baelish and Sansa given their story is pretty much over compared to the books.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 41 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 30 ... 41  Next