McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Cavani vs Suarez Empty Re: Cavani vs Suarez

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:57 pm

inbeforeserieAfans.

seriously, someone needs to explain to me why all serie A fans no exception are balls deep into cavani

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:12 pm

I prefer Suarez

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:22 pm

I would take Suarez over Mehvani.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luis_Suarez123 Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:21 pm

For me Suarez, but anyways I am LFC fan so I can't be purely objective. Both great players, but let's compare them on international level and everyone can say that more important player for the international Uruguay team is Suarez. Cavani has better finishing , but Suarez has everything...

Luis_Suarez123
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:52 pm

Big Fan of Edinson but Suarez is something else :wub:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:inbeforeserieAfans.

seriously, someone needs to explain to me why all serie A fans no exception are balls deep into cavani

Nah, i'm a Serie A fan and I rate him lower than Suarez. For me Ibra, Suarez and Rooney are better
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:20 am

Already explained this elsewhere, but I'd take Cavani in my team over Suarez tbh. I personally am not sure why this debate came about considering that these 2 playing in different leagues in different systems and have different responsibilities.

My kind of striker must be an aerial threat, have the dedication to track back and defend and I'm not just talking about harrying defenders on the ball. They must be up to the physical battle of taking on hard-nosed defenders in an uber tactical league. Cavani has these in spades and has shown it time and again in Serie A. I have not seen the same of Suarez in the EPL, though I will be honest. I watch more Napoli than Liverpool so take that with a grain of salt.

It's not about who's better for me. It's about who brings more to my team and based on these 2...it's Cavani.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Luis_Suarez123 Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:44 pm

McLewis wrote:Already explained this elsewhere, but I'd take Cavani in my team over Suarez tbh. I personally am not sure why this debate came about considering that these 2 playing in different leagues in different systems and have different responsibilities.

My kind of striker must be an aerial threat, have the dedication to track back and defend and I'm not just talking about harrying defenders on the ball. They must be up to the physical battle of taking on hard-nosed defenders in an uber tactical league. Cavani has these in spades and has shown it time and again in Serie A. I have not seen the same of Suarez in the EPL, though I will be honest. I watch more Napoli than Liverpool so take that with a grain of salt.

It's not about who's better for me. It's about who brings more to my team and based on these 2...it's Cavani.
By this post I can see that you haven't really seen a lot of Suarez?? Who brings more to the team?? Suarez absolutely if you watched him play few times you would see that he was used at Liverpool as a defensive player, playmaker and striker. He had most chances created in PL this season. Cavani is more of a poacher and has better goalscoring ability than Luis does...
And you are asking you don't know how this debate came on??? Hmmm. maybe cause they are one of world's best strikers, they are exactly same age and they play in same URUGUAY national football team.
Let's just compare their national football team stats:
Suarez: 64 apps (32) goals
Cavani: 49 apps (13) goals

Luis_Suarez123
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:51 pm

It's already been noted that Cavani plays wildly out of position for his national team.

If you're throwing goals about, look at Cavani's club stats.

Also, your name is a bit of a giveaway that you will have some serious bias towards Luis.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:40 pm

These players shouldn't even be compared, would we be discussing who is the better player between Mario Gomez or Marco Reus? This is very much a case of choosing the player who will best complement the requirements of the team given their radically different approaches.

The argument is being made that one or the other is the more complete player. I do feel that in this regard, Luis Suarez should be considered the victor, however there are times when completeness is a much desired quality and there are times when it can essentially involve trivial minutiae. Suarez is an immensely talented player, he's the more technically gifted of the two, marvelous vision and is comfortable in tight spaces. Cavani however is a player who despite lacking these technical gifts, plays a game that marries an unparalleled work ethic with great footballing intelligence. The latest generation of football 'fans' lacks a basic appreciation for the importance of movement and whislt there are more technically gifted centre forwards, Cavani is a player with fantastic movement, an incredible arsenal of finishes and a player who thrives on the big occasions.

Utterly pointless to choose between them on objective basis, teams of equal ability could be built around each player, it depends on the personal preference of the manager as to how he likes his team to express itself.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:02 pm

I'll pretty much echo dosto and McLewis. Two different type of players and therefore hard to compare. Suarez is definitely more technically gifted or "complete" as you guys put it.

I'm not surprised Suarez is ahead in the votes, considering how little this board appreciates big, physical strikers in the Gómez or Cavani mould.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:26 pm

Cavani what passion he brings to the team, and a complete professional on and off the pitch. Succeeding in the hardest league for a forward.

He wont bite players, but he will run his socks off and score. :coffee:
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:07 pm

this reminds me of the Messi vs Ronaldo debate of like two years ago when everyone who sided with Ronaldo would only use the reasoning of "he is taller stronger and faster" and that somehow made him better, I say stop choosing the two as if your choosing one for a game of FIFA 13, Suarez offers more to the team in my opinion.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:16 pm

I'd take Suarez without any hesitation

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:48 pm

Two very different types of strikers. Depends on the players you have at your disposal.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Luis_Suarez123 Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:30 pm

Eivindo wrote:Cavani what passion he brings to the team, and a complete professional on and off the pitch. Succeeding in the hardest league for a forward.

Hardest league for a forward my ass, Italian league since Calciopoli isn't the same anymore it's one of the most laughable leading leagues and their defence isn't anymore as praiseworthy as it was few years ago... I mean every game now is like 4-4 in serie a... Plus they are mostly now playing with 3 defensive players...

Luis_Suarez123
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:20 pm

Luis_Suarez123 wrote:
Eivindo wrote:Cavani what passion he brings to the team, and a complete professional on and off the pitch. Succeeding in the hardest league for a forward.

Hardest league for a forward my ass, Italian league since Calciopoli isn't the same anymore it's one of the most laughable leading leagues and their defence isn't anymore as praiseworthy as it was few years ago... I mean every game now is like 4-4 in serie a... Plus they are mostly now playing with 3 defensive players...

There is no need to ridicule yourself by showing lack of knowledge my friend.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:34 pm

Suarez obviously.

Cavani, since he is more of a poacher, will get my vote even if he scores atleast 20 goals (with his current efficiency) in PL. Sounds good? #premfaceandproud
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:57 pm

Luis_Suarez123 wrote:Hardest league for a forward my ass, Italian league since Calciopoli isn't the same anymore it's one of the most laughable leading leagues and their defence isn't anymore as praiseworthy as it was few years ago... I mean every game now is like 4-4 in serie a... Plus they are mostly now playing with 3 defensive players...

Cavani vs Suarez AVOjpGw_460sa
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:16 pm

Cavani vs Suarez Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUCFYWKhS2G-5lATYl8aFGjyQ498nz4XJ0y7_PStaG2H8RtjY9Cavani vs Suarez A643AFD33A8E6961B02C174C3C2CE

The passion in his eyes, che grinta!
Action
Drama
Bromance
Desire

Cavani vs Suarez 3qbcoi
Was also a wrestler back in the day.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:07 am

Luis_Suarez123 wrote:
McLewis wrote:Already explained this elsewhere, but I'd take Cavani in my team over Suarez tbh. I personally am not sure why this debate came about considering that these 2 playing in different leagues in different systems and have different responsibilities.

By this post I can see that you haven't really seen a lot of Suarez?? Who brings more to the team?? Suarez absolutely if you watched him play few times you would see that he was used at Liverpool as a defensive player, playmaker and striker. He had most chances created in PL this season. Cavani is more of a poacher and has better goalscoring ability than Luis does...
And you are asking you don't know how this debate came on??? Hmmm. maybe cause they are one of world's best strikers, they are exactly same age and they play in same URUGUAY national football team.
Let's just compare their national football team stats:
Suarez: 64 apps (32) goals
Cavani: 49 apps (13) goals

So combative. Chill out, brah. This is a debate, not an argument.

Anyways....as a Roma fan and looking at only my team. Cavani is far more useful than Suarez and thus I favor him over Suarez as a player. Does that mean he's better than Suarez? The question makes no sense honestly.

In terms of the qualities that are needed in a Serie A striker, Cavani is more complete than Suarez, given the skill set required to succeed in this league.

Now if the shoe was on the other foot (as it very well could be should Chelsea be crazy enough to fork out the gouda for Cavani's release clause) then obviously Suarez has the upper hand as the EPL requires a completely different skill set. And yet I think Cavani would still do quite well despite that though. He may not be as good with the ball at his feet as Suarez nor be blessed with the great vision Suarez has, but then again neither are most of the strikers in that league and yet they still manage to wreck defenses so that's not the end all be all.

I digress though.....we're comparing apples and pears here.

Let's not pretend otherwise, mkay?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: