McLewis
Kick
EL Patron
RealGunner
10 posters

Go down

Simone Perrotta announces retirement Empty Simone Perrotta announces retirement

Post by RealGunner Sat 29 Jun 2013 - 15:37

World Cup winner Simone Perrotta confirmed he is going to hang up his boots, but would like to stay at Roma.

The midfielder will turn 36 in September and feels it is time to call it a day.

“I definitely won’t stay on at Roma as a player,” he told Teleradiostereo this morning.

“I don’t think I’ll continue playing at all, in fact, as I’d prefer to end my career as an ex-Roma player rather than the ex of another club. I wanted to finish my playing days with this jersey and I feel it’s the right thing to do.

“It is possible my story with Roma could continue in a different way. It is only right their project continue moving forward with the players they consider to be valid.”

Perrotta, born in Ashton and winner of the 2006 World Cup with Italy, makes it clear he was not wanted by new Coach Rudi Garcia.

“As I arrived at Roma quietly, it’s only right that I leave quietly too. Next year will certainly be better, especially as it’s difficult to be worse!

“The club has plans and will spend money to reinforce the squad, while the Coach seems a good person who won in France and can have success here.”

Perrotta managed two goals in 16 Serie A games this season, plus one appearance in the Coppa Italia. He was on the bench for the Coppa Italia Final, a 1-0 defeat to Lazio.

“The real regret is my last game, which shouldn’t have ended that way and it’s a painful disappointment I will probably never get over. That’s not how it was supposed to end.”

Football Italia

----------------------------------------------------------

What a professional he has been for Roma. Not a Football legend but will be remembered among the Roma fans for a long long time.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Simone Perrotta announces retirement Empty Re: Simone Perrotta announces retirement

Post by EL Patron Sat 29 Jun 2013 - 16:35

English world cup winner Cool 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Simone Perrotta announces retirement Empty Re: Simone Perrotta announces retirement

Post by Kick Sat 29 Jun 2013 - 16:45

I will certainly have fond memories of him, he was a very good player.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat 29 Jun 2013 - 16:55

Grazie Simone Sad

Easily one of our most influential players over the last 6 or 7 years. Will be remembered for how awesome he was under Spaletti and as a pivotal player who made that magical 4-2-3-1 formation work so well for us in our scudetto run that season.

He goes out an absolute fan favorite. Grande Simone! :bow:
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sun 30 Jun 2013 - 3:49

he said he can play 1 or two more year but he wanted to end his career at Roma  Proud  I felt Roma could have kept him for at least one more season , Roma paid that Borriello sum of his wages while he was at genoa , i don't see why cant they keep him ?
Thank you Sper Simo

Roma needs players like him
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun 30 Jun 2013 - 9:57

I never understood his qualities, didnt watch him enough to know, just know that he was vital for the WC win especially, but hes doesnt seem to be the eye catcher or extremely good at anything Razz Maybe a little similar to Totti becos hes always been at Roma and not always played at the absolute top games like CL.

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun 30 Jun 2013 - 10:00

Grazie Simone
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun 30 Jun 2013 - 10:10

I'm sad that he's gone but to be completely fair he was never that good, and for the past few years he rarely started for Roma.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun 30 Jun 2013 - 10:13

A very likable player, far from exceptional but hard working and one who will rightly be appreciated by Roma fans. In all honesty, he was fortunate to be part of a generation of Italian players that could carry him to a World Cup, however as a personality, he is one of those players you do not begrudge success. Hard working and humble, enjoy your retirement Simone.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil Sun 30 Jun 2013 - 11:03

Met him at Camden market in London two years ago, didn't ask for an autograph as he was with a few friends but I told him I was from near the area of Manchester he lived in as a child and he shook my hand.
The Devil
The Devil
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down