Arquitecto
LeSwagg James
LeBéninois
B-Mac
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
10 posters

Go down

Steve Harper Testimonial: Newcastle v Milan Empty Steve Harper Testimonial: Newcastle v Milan

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 19:01

Stephen Harper ‏@steveharper37
Another testimonial meeting done & we're nearly there. Announcement next week hopefully. Shearer, Ginola etc v Baresi, Maldini etc.

Stephen Harper ‏@steveharper37 1h
Vieri,Shevchenko,Costacurta too confirmed. Just waiting for co-operation from all parties to confirm. Hopefully on Wed 11th Sep #all4charity

Those names Steve Harper Testimonial: Newcastle v Milan Memeohhyeah
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Steve Harper Testimonial: Newcastle v Milan Empty Re: Steve Harper Testimonial: Newcastle v Milan

Post by Kaladin Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 19:20

Chance to meet NUFC directors and snap away Mbiwa and Krul Steve Harper Testimonial: Newcastle v Milan Lucas12
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Steve Harper Testimonial: Newcastle v Milan Empty Re: Steve Harper Testimonial: Newcastle v Milan

Post by B-Mac Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 19:29

Stephen Harper, Canadian Prime Minister is a Newcastle insider hmm 

great leader of my country :bow:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 19:31

El Shaarawy wrote:Chance to meet Milan directors and snap away Constant and Zapata Steve Harper Testimonial: Newcastle v Milan Lucas12
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 19:33

B-Mac MUFC wrote:Stephen Harper, Canadian Prime Minister is a Newcastle insider hmm 

Laughing 
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 13:00

Steve Harper will celebrate his 20 years as a Newcastle player when a team of former Magpies superstars meets an AC Milan Legends side.

Alan Shearer, Les Ferdinand, Rob Lee and Faustino Asprilla will pull on the black and white stripes once again for a charity game at St James' Park on Wednesday, September 11.

They will be in good company too with the AC Milan Glorie squad featuring Franco Baresi, Palo Maldini, Alessandro Costacurta and Andriy Shevchenko.

All the proceeds from the event will be divided between three charities close to the 38-year-old Hull keeper's heart - the Great North Children's Hospital, the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation and the Newcastle United Foundation.

Harper, who made his 199th and final appearance for Newcastle against Arsenal on the final day of last season, said: "This match is a massive honour for me.

"I had a fantastic send-off against Arsenal at the end of last season, so this is really my opportunity to say thank you to a region which has given me so much support and to use my time to raise as much money as possible for three incredible causes.

"To have some of the best players to have ever worn the black and white shirt back at St James' Park alongside some of the greatest names from Milan is fantastic, and with every penny raised going to three important north-east charities, I hope as many people as possible can come along and enjoy it.

"I'm sure it will be a special night."

Baresi, who will captain the Milan side said: "I would like to firstly congratulate Mr Steve Harper on his 20 years with Newcastle United.

"I was very happy to hear of the possibility of AC Milan Glorie travelling and playing against a Newcastle United legends team at such a famous stadium.

"I know the passion of Newcastle fans and I know of the club's history and the love of football in the city, so I congratulate Steve and wish the fans and Newcastle United a magnificent occasion."

:bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 13:38

Looking forward to it Smile 
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 13:57

157 appearances in twenty years deserves a testamonial? hmm 
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 14:02

Swagg wrote:157 appearances in twenty years deserves a testamonial? hmm 

Due to his loyalty more than anything else, could have left many times in that 20 years.

He gave up on being called up for England and playing week in week out just so he could play for his boyhood club.

Loyalty like that deserves respect.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 14:09

I see, kudos to him..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 15:27

Harper may have declined at the end of his career (I mean, he was 38) but I always found him underrated and a relatively consistent/safe pair of hands when called upon and is no doubt a legend within NUFC. I personally feel he deserved more in his career and could have gone beyond than the role he had at NUFC.

I'll remember his best year to which was my opinion, in around 99-00 where he also reached the FA Cup finally. Apparently he was amazing in NUFC's championship stint as well.

I also remember his emotional farewell within the game where the crowd chanted his name and he couldn't (understandably) hold his emotions, due to those chants signifying a timely end to his 20 year Newcastle career. It was heart-warming. It was also the time to which I hoped he received a more illustrious sending off.

Now, the fact that he has Newcastle & Milan legends having a god damn testimonial for him, is the finest twilight one could hope for.

I'll be watching this match and I hope Steve enjoys every moment of it.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 15:41

Arq that year you mentioned, a lot of fans wanted him to start over Given at the time and for good reason.

He was a very good goalkeeper in his day who chose loyalty over success.

I for one am not willing to castrate him for that, in fact the opposite.

Can't wait for the game.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 15:44

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Arq that year you mentioned, a lot of fans wanted him to start over Given at the time and for good reason.

He was a very good goalkeeper in his day who chose loyalty over success.

I for one am not willing to castrate him for that, in fact the opposite.

Can't wait for the game.

Was it? Well that's encouraging given that Given was excellent for NUFC IIRC.

The fact that he did indeed choose loyalty over success, is a requisite to which holds my respect in the utmost regard for him. Few clubs you find servants such as him as at least he knows he has the utmost affection from his city.

As for the game, this'll be good.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 15:05

Newcastle United Squad
Steve Harper, Pavel Srnicek, Shay Given, John Beresford, Olivier Bernard, Nikos Dabizas, Brian Kilcline, Darren Peacock, Alessandro Pistone, Steve Watson, Joey Barton, Lee Bowyer, Nicky Butt, Lee Clark, Kieron Dyer, Ruel Fox, Keith Gillespie, David Ginola, Liam O'Brien, Scott Sellars, Nolberto Solano, Steve Stone, Alan Thompson, Rob Lee, Faustino Asprilla, Peter Beardsley, Andrew Cole, Les Ferdinand, Paul Kitson, Alan Shearer

AC Milan Glorie Squad
Sebastiano Rossi, Massimo Taibi, Franco Baresi, Roberto Favalli, Paolo Maldini, Roberto Mussi, Massimo Oddo, Guiseppe Pancaro, Pietro Vierchowod, Ibrahim Ba, Zvonimir Boban, Alessandro Costacurta, Angelo Carbone, Federico Giunti, Christian Lantignotti, Gianluigi Lentini, Mark van Bommel, Daniele Massaro, Christian Vieri
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 15:31

Got a stream ? Can't seem to find one
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 15:59

B-Mac wrote:Stephen Harper, Canadian Prime Minister is a Newcastle insider hmm 

Hey is that the same guy who copied that speech from John Howard (the former Australian Prime Minister)?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 16:05

El Shaarawy wrote:Got a stream ? Can't seem to find one
Its on Wednesday.

I bet you feel real stupid when you read this Very Happy
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 16:08

Bénin wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:Stephen Harper, Canadian Prime Minister is a Newcastle insider hmm 

Laughing 
HAH great clown of our country more like it Laughing

Sounds like it'll be a fun time
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 16:26

Ah, thought it was today.

I remembered it was in the beginning of Sept, just forgot when lol
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Thu 5 Sep 2013 - 16:54

Srnicek & Given in the squad.

Looks like Harper wont be starting as usual  :fishing: 
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sat 7 Sep 2013 - 14:31

@Azzurri_Ltd: Azzurri would like to announce Paolo di Canio will play in Milan Glorie team in Steve harpers charity match 11 September @steveharper37

Steve Harper Testimonial: Newcastle v Milan Bad_boys_2_martin_lawrence_will_smith_michael_bay_shit_just_got_real_01
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 7 Sep 2013 - 14:42

Laughing

Fairplay to him, he's clearly not afraid of a bit of abuse.

Should be good. Thumbs up
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed 11 Sep 2013 - 21:12

HT: 0-0
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down