AltoZ
RealGunner
stevieg8
Grooverider
urbaNRoots
Art Morte
11 posters

Go down

Do Swansea know what they're doing? Empty Do Swansea know what they're doing?

Post by Art Morte Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:37 pm

Don't worry, I'm not going to do one of these about every PL club.
(coz you don't need a thread about it to answer the question in Newcastle's case)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23224017

Swansea City have completed the club-record signing of Wilfried Bony from Dutch top-flight side Vitesse Arnhem for £12m, subject to a work permit.

Striker Bony, who has signed a four-year contract, scored 31 goals in 30 league appearances last season.

Wilfried Bony from Vitesse Arnhem (£12m)
Jonjo Shelvey from Liverpool (£5m)
Alejandro Pozuelo from Real Betis (undisclosed fee)
Jose Canas from Real Betis (free)
Jordi Amat from Espanyol (£2.5m)
Jonathan de Guzman from Villarreal (season-long loan)
Gregor Zabret from NK Domzale (undisclosed fee)
Alex Gogic from Olympiakos (free)

To me it looks like they really know what they're doing and their project is showing more promise than most mid-to-low-table PL clubs' projects.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Do Swansea know what they're doing? Empty Re: Do Swansea know what they're doing?

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:41 pm

I only really know Wilfried Bony and Shelvey, Bony is a great signing and a real surprise.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Do Swansea know what they're doing? Empty Re: Do Swansea know what they're doing?

Post by Grooverider Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:44 pm

Art Morte wrote:Don't worry, I'm not going to do one of these about every PL club.
(coz you don't need a thread about it to answer the question in Newcastle's case)

Swansea City have completed the club-record signing of Wilfried Bony from Dutch top-flight side Vitesse Arnhem for £12m, subject to a work permit.

Striker Bony, who has signed a four-year contract, scored 31 goals in 30 league appearances last season.

To me it looks like they really know what they're doing and their project is showing more promise than most mid-to-low-table PL clubs' projects.

affraid 
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:17 pm

Grooverider wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Don't worry, I'm not going to do one of these about every PL club.

affraid 

Top young english player with strong showings in international competitions and more PL experience than Zaha and Ince combined, it's not very difficult to make the argument that the deal was cheap for Swansea. Personally, I think it was about fair for both sides, and I'm sad to see Jonjo go.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:19 pm

It's like i mentioned in the transfer thread. They have a very good team with a great manager.

-------------------------Vorm----------------------------
Rangel--------Williams/Amat-----Chico--------------Taylor
------------------Canas--------De Guzman---------------
Pozuelo-------------------Michu-------------------Pablo
------------------------Bony-----------------------------

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:21 pm

Isn't Jordi Amat enjoying a fairly good repuation?

Also I don't understand how they got de Guzman on loan again after the impressive season he had. Surely it would have been more beneficial for Villarreal to either keep him or sell - since his value shouldn't be too shabby - and not just loan out for another season. I can only think that Swansea are paying a loan fee to Villarreal.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:22 pm

Yeah, even teams like Southampton(interested in Wanyama and Daimao) and Sunderland(Altidore, Giaccherini), Norwich(Van Wolfsvinkel, Redmond) looks ambitious.

Is it the new TV deal?
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:23 pm

They are. Also think De Guzman enjoys it more at Swansea.

Apart from that first 11, they have about 7-8 players who are more than decent backups and squad players.

But they have Europe so they need all these players. My Swansea friend said she would like another striker since they only have 2. And Michu doesn't like playing upfront
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:24 pm

AltoZ wrote:Yeah, even teams like Southampton(interested in Wanyama and Daimao) and Sunderland(Altidore, Giaccherini), Norwich(Van Wolfsvinkel, Redmond) looks ambitious.

Is it the new TV deal?

Southampton signed Wanyama.

And yes it is the TV deal.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:25 pm

AltoZ wrote:Yeah, even teams like Southampton(interested in Wanyama and Daimao) and Sunderland(Altidore, Giaccherini), Norwich(Van Wolfsvinkel, Redmond) looks ambitious.

Is it the new TV deal?

I'm not impressed by Sunderland's dealings in the market so far and, well, for Norwich everything's a plus (I don't expect them to pull off wonderous deals although van Wolfsvinker could be good).

Southampton have apparently got some investment from their owners.

If I had to name one club who seem to be getting the best value for money in my eyes it'd be Swansea.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:24 am

They'll be playing in Europe next season. Can see them focusing on a domestic cup again. They'll finish 7th in the league, making a push on LFC / Everton.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:46 am

ynwa wrote:They'll be playing in Europe next season. Can see them focusing on a domestic cup again. They'll finish 7th in the league, making a push on LFC / Everton.

Well, er..NO

Buying a few players does not guarantee anything.

Team cohesion goes hand in hand with team bonding, this does not happen over a six week summer transfer period.

Thumbs up 
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:10 am

Swansea are gonna falter this season. Second season blues. Michu will be average at best and the only bright point in their campaign will be Shelvey. pirat 
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:29 pm

It's their 3rd season hmm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:34 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Swansea are gonna falter this season. Second season blues. Michu will be average at best and the only bright point in their campaign will be Shelvey. pirat 

LOOL swans pasted that rubbish long time ago, they are a legit top half epl team now.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:41 pm

Art Morte wrote:

Is it the new TV deal?

I'm not impressed by Sunderland's dealings in the market so far and, well, for Norwich everything's a plus (I don't expect them to pull off wonderous deals although van Wolfsvinker could be good).

If I had to name one club who seem to be getting the best value for money in my eyes it'd be Swansea.

Norwich is getting Alderweield too...

It seems that almost the entire league is strengthening their squad. PL should be really interesting this season
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:49 pm

Second season under Laudrup I meant.. obviously. -.-
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:04 pm

lenear1030 wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

Is it the new TV deal?

It seems that almost the entire league is strengthening their squad. PL should be really interesting this season

I haven't got a good feeling about Norwich but I could obviously be wrong.

I just hope that those clubs who can't afford to strengthen that much, like Palace, Hull, Everton, won't get completely run over (and thus make the relegation battle uninteresting).
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:29 am

lenear1030 wrote:

No they're not. They've struck a deal but it's far from being near complete.

Alder has said he will take his time deciding his future and making sure he joins a team that suits him. He's happy enough to stay at Ajax but Ajax want to sell as he's contract expires at the end of the year.

Liverpool should sign him. :coffee: 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:32 am

Grooverider wrote:
ynwa wrote:They'll be playing in Europe next season. Can see them focusing on a domestic cup again. They'll finish 7th in the league, making a push on LFC / Everton.

Well, er..NO

Buying a few players does not guarantee anything.

Team cohesion goes hand in hand with team bonding, this does not happen over a six week summer transfer period.

Thumbs up 

Buying players helps when they're buying players that suit their teams system.

THey also have the best team outside of the "top 6". [They're better than Everton with Martinez there so may even finish 6th....]
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri May 09, 2014 10:24 am

Another BUMP!

So, it was a tougher season for Swansea, this, but in the end they're finishing quite comfortably in mid-table, away from relegation worries.

Monk was given the manager job permanently a few days ago. Do Swansea know what they're doing?

To me, it's incredibly risky to go with a totally inexperienced manager in the Premier League. Laudrup - whose sacking still seems harsh - obviously had great contacts in Spain and Swansea were able to get some decent players from there for bargain prices (Michu, Amat, de Guzman, Pablo Hernandez, Cañas, Lamah...). What contacts has Monk got? He's never bought a player, never build or maintained a squad. Now he's got to do it in the Premier League.

We'll see what kind of summer Swansea will have and how they'll do next season. I'mma stick my neck out and say they'll struggle.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 09, 2014 12:53 pm

They were lucky to stay up under Monk in the end.

Good odds to go down next season IMO, stupid to sack Laudrup.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down