fatman123
rwo power
VivaStPauli
jibers
barca 2011
30 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

So how will Bayern's 4-1-4-1 look? - Page 2 Empty Re: So how will Bayern's 4-1-4-1 look?

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:45 pm

^ 2014/15

It's not confirmed yet though, he might join another team. He'll be a free agent.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

So how will Bayern's 4-1-4-1 look? - Page 2 Empty Re: So how will Bayern's 4-1-4-1 look?

Post by schrutebucks Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:00 pm

Emre moved to CB? Neutral 

Get out, son.
schrutebucks
schrutebucks
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:17 pm

:coffee: guys please we can always play 1-8-1
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:59 pm

Mandzukic
Ribery Götze Müller Robben
Shaqiri Thiago Kroos Schweinsteiger
Martinez Gustavo
Alaba Badstuber Dante Lahm
Neuer

4-2-4-4-1
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:33 am

I don't see Mandzukic not having a starting role next season, especially after the season he just had. I'd see Guardiola replacing Muller with Gotze and moving Martinez to CB if anything. Also, Luis Garcia fits in a lot better in a 4-2-3-1 rather than Toni Kroos. All I can say about Thiago's transfer is, he must love the bench.

-------------------------Neuer
Lahm----------Dante--------------Martinez---------Alaba

----------------Bastian-------Luis Gonzalez

--------Robben---------Gotze------------Ribery

-----------------------Mandzukic
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:48 am

Luis Gonzalez hmm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:54 am

Actually you can't replace Müller. If you followed Bayern, you should have seen how important Thomas Müller is - he usually scores the important goals, is the top assister and he's sort of their talisman (as soon as Müller wasn't on the field, Bayern rarely won important matches).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:57 am

Gil wrote:I hate people who overthink things. Pep won't change much, like any great coach he'll adapt to the players he's been given rather than it being the other way 'round.

Bundesliga is a joke so he'll be able to experiment with different tactical setups and offensive schemes for flexibility and get away with it but in the CL he'll roll out with the obvious 4231 formation with the usual starters and 1/2 positions depending on form or the opponent.

Muller won't play as a striker. Stop it, he doesn't have the ability.

Mandzukic was one of the biggest factors for their success last season, he'll be first choice, his ability to hold the ball up, aerial gifts, incredible stamina and workrate is crucial.

Yohan Modric wrote:I think the reason why it's a 4-1-4-1 and not a 4-3-3 is because Robben/Ribery aren't really goalscorers. 4-3-3 wingers have to kinda be goalscorers. Like Pedro, Villa, Henry etc.

Ribery and Robben are both 4-2-3-1 type players.
p

What are you on about now?

Since when is Robben not a goalscorer?

This. What Gil said.

All this inductive speculation and hypothetical on taking Pep's philosophies and applying it into Bayern despite the Catalan proving he reinvents and consistently tries other directions, rather than template formations and positionals.

All this talk of Mueller being a striker/False 9 is just laughable on many counts.

Pep to run away with the title.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:52 am

it will be a close race between Bayern and Dortmund i believe.

They have much fire-power up front but this just makes teams sit back at all costs,making it another barcelona scenario.

Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Clandestino Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:04 am

Grooverider wrote:it will be a close race between Bayern and Dortmund i believe.

They have much fire-power up front but this just makes teams sit back at all costs,making it another barcelona scenario.

An incredibly brave prediction considering Bayern won the league by 25 points, had a 41+ goal difference compared to Dortmund and acquired Dortmund's star player Goetze + Thiago for back-up with Pep as coach while Dortmund probably just kept their last year's level.

They've only lost 11 points last time around in the whole league and if anything I think most of us here are thinking or hoping the league won't be decided before the winter break. If I was a betting man, I'd say Bayern will easily finish double digits ahead of Dortmund.

However, Pep will find it hard to have a successful season. He'd need to win at least 4 titles to go one better than Jupp or even all 5.

Clandestino
Clandestino
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:39 pm

Actually Bayern didn't win the league because they outplayed Dortmund directly. Bayern won the league because Dortmund left points behind very unnecessarily. If Dortmund just manage to keep up their performance against the rest of the league, then Bayern won't be able to run away. Moreover, I'm pretty confident that this season Schalke will have quite a good run, too (they should just consider getting a better GK).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:07 pm

Clandestino wrote:
Grooverider wrote:it will be a close race between Bayern and Dortmund i believe.

An incredibly brave prediction considering Bayern won the league by 25 points, had a 41+ goal difference compared to Dortmund and acquired Dortmund's star player Goetze + Thiago for back-up with Pep as coach while Dortmund probably just kept their last year's level.

They've only lost 11 points last time around in the whole league and if anything I think most of us here are thinking or hoping the league won't be decided before the winter break. If I was a betting man, I'd say Bayern will easily finish double digits ahead of Dortmund.

However, Pep will find it hard to have a successful season. He'd need to win at least 4 titles to go one better than Jupp or even all 5.

Clandestino with the 2nd clincher of the thread.

The disparity between Bayern and Dortmund was considerable as their tactics, play, depth and consistency was onto another level than Bayern. Dortmund not being outplayed does not indicate anything except their play-book being one of the acute systems to what Bayern struggle against. Even within both draws, Bayern comfortably looked the superior team.

25 god damn points is no coincidence. Arguing otherwise is being apologetic for the league, Dortmund or just silly.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:40 pm

Arq,

Please refrain from using the term 'god damn'...

show some respect.

Thanks.
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:09 pm

Respect to who? confused 

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:29 pm

Am I the only one who sees Bayern as having the best chance since the CL was changed way back when to retain the title? I would love Juventus to win it but as long as Guardiola doesn't screw anything up, I don't see anyone stopping Bayern.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:47 pm

juventus101 wrote:Am I the only one who sees Bayern as having the best chance since the CL was changed way back when to retain the title? I would love Juventus to win it but as long as Guardiola doesn't screw anything up, I don't see anyone stopping Bayern.

Unless some of the bigger clubs in the competition like Barca and Chelsea strengthen their squads then yes.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:18 am

4-1-4-1 with the players Bayern has is one of the stupidest ideas that I have ever seen. When you have such good DMs and a wealth of attacking options, to get rid of the pivot and play a lone striker without anyone behind him seems absurd. Good luck to Pep, but I think this is not going to work at all....

...that's not to say that they won't still win the league, I'm just saying that it won't work as well as the 4-2-3-1.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:40 am

They will win the league by default. Strength if their Squad is much much better than the second best team in Germany...The real test for Guardiola will be the CL.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:46 am

Nobody is better than this Bayern team, they are the best. They basically secured the next 4 Bundesligas, no one can stop them domestically. They will be the best European team again next season. No one can stop them now. No one. Bayern are the best
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:49 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Nobody is better than this Bayern team, they are the best. They basically secured the next 4 Bundesligas, no one can stop them domestically. They will be the best European team again next season. No one can stop them now. No one. Bayern are the best
I'm not sure if this comment is sarcastic or not - if not, let's just remember that Arsenal only lost on away goals, anything can happen.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:16 am

I'm praying we face Bayern in the CL next season bounce 
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:28 am

---------------neuer-----------
rafinha--boateng--van buyten--contento

--------gustavo----thiago---
-------------- muller---

robben-------pizarro----shaqiri

bounce
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:31 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Nobody is better than this Bayern team, they are the best. They basically secured the next 4 Bundesligas, no one can stop them domestically. They will be the best European team again next season. No one can stop them now. No one. Bayern are the best

A few years ago the same was being said about Barca and it didn't quite go to plan.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:32 am

While we're all afraid of (or looking forward to) idiocy, let's remember that Pep will probably think of most of the issues we're discussing himself. Even if he was a lunatic, he still got some staff, and at Bayern, it's not like he won't get called out on tactical suicide by Hoeness, KHR, Sammer etc - let alone the Kaiser.

4-1-4-1 is probably mostly something to experiment with if you want to just throw everything you got at a parked bus. Pep will have seen how good Bayerns pivot works, he's not changing that if there's no need.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:43 am

Well, I think Bayern might as well be worse than last season, not in the sense of player by player, but in the sense of maybe not turning out to be a cohesive unit anymore. I'll be curious whether Pep can handle the players as well as Jupp Heynckes could. And if he can't, there is at least Dortmund waiting to pounce.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:09 pm

Swagg wrote:I'm praying we face Bayern in the CL next season bounce 

I want that too. The 2012 semi-final was much more painful than the 2013 one.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next