How come no one talks about Neymar of Brazil ?

+12
EL Patron
BarcaLearning
The_Badger
andiii
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Helmer
nasir6371
REWB
Donuts
Blue Barrett
free_cat
redsnoopy
16 posters

Go down

How come no one talks about Neymar of Brazil ? Empty How come no one talks about Neymar of Brazil ?

Post by redsnoopy Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:06 am

He's now in Barcelona. Watching his dribbling and scoring skills on youtube, he's simply amazing. In current generation likely only Messi can match him in terms of individual skills. If only Newcastle have gotten him

redsnoopy
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

How come no one talks about Neymar of Brazil ? Empty Re: How come no one talks about Neymar of Brazil ?

Post by free_cat Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:10 am

We do talk about him, but after his transfer to Barça was completed and Confederations Cup ended, there's not really much to talk about him until he starts to play with us.

Welcome to the forum redsnoopy.

I think you are dreaming a bit if you think Newcastle could have gotten Neymar. Wink
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

How come no one talks about Neymar of Brazil ? Empty Re: How come no one talks about Neymar of Brazil ?

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:11 am

You think no one talks about him? LOL have you been in a cave mate? Laughing

But welcome to the forum.

And no, Newcastle could not have gotten it not even a 1 in 50000000000 chance Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:43 am

Welcome to the forum, mole shall have a new friend as it seems Wink

and honestly I think this is the first summer in years I haven't seen Neymar in every headline daily and quiet frankly I am glad of it, the boy doesn't need so much hype.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:46 am

neymar who is that? you mean nerman?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by redsnoopy Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:55 am

maybe not the current Newcastle at the moment in terms of getting him, but the Newcastle 10 years back is posssible. When Alan Shearer joined Newcastle, his transfer fee broke several records

redsnoopy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:48 am

Its been few weeks that we have not mentioned Nerman. Use the Forum search tool and you will find 115+ thread about him.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:58 am

redsnoopy, is the name related to newcastle, just curious !!
Also are u a clone of mole to support him when he talks about newcastle hmm 

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:39 am

A Newcastle fan :bow:

And yeah if Neymar was around in the Keegan era we might have stood a chance Laughing

We were in top 5 in the world in revenue then and had CL football beating Barca in the process Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:48 am

a wild newcastle fan appeared
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:04 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:A Newcastle fan :bow:

And yeah if Neymar was around in the Keegan era we might have stood a chance Laughing

We were in top 5 in the world in revenue then and had CL football beating Barca in the process Laughing

I love deluded Geordies! Very Happy

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:15 pm

Nothing deluded about it mate....

Back then we had WC players and should have won the league twice.

Were in the CL, if that is what he's talking about then i agree.

Played some of the best football in Europe and had revenue that was competitive in a world scale. ( as shown by breaking world transfer record to sign Shearer)

Now of course our best hope is some mid table frenchie Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:18 pm

Becos to many hes still relatively unknown in the sense that hes always been at Santos. After this move though the world all will see Neymar and he will become a huge star Smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:20 pm

The_Badger wrote:

I love deluded Geordies! Very Happy

scratch 
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:35 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Nothing deluded about it mate....

Back then we had WC players and should have won the league twice.

Were in the CL, if that is what he's talking about then i agree.

Played some of the best football in Europe and had revenue that was competitive in a world scale. ( as shown by breaking world transfer record to sign Shearer)

Now of course our best hope is some mid table frenchie Laughing

Shearer maybe was world class at the time, but who else? Any player of decent talent wanted out (Ginola), you bottled the league in 95/96 only finished 2nd instead of 4th in '97 on goal difference and did nothing of note in the Champion's League except beating Barcelona who were far from great back then anyway.

Don't get me wrong I love deluded Geordies, they liven up English football and they're far more entertaining and humourous than the deluded and eternally dull Spuds.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:40 pm

Yeah but we were in the discussion at least then which is the entire point.

You have to consider what football was like back then their was very few clubs who could afford to spend.

We were one of them, also the reason we did nothing of note in the CL was because Keegan was sacked and Dalglish came in and ruined the team.

If Keegan stayed i'm sure it would have been very different.

Anyway its a pointless discussion.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:46 pm

Keegan was a moron though. Tactically he was an imbecile. I'm not sure why you think he'd have done anything in Europe with Newcastle when he was what was holding you back in the domestic league. You only need see his management career post-Newcastle to see he's a utter clown.

Hall's biggest mistake was not binning him off earlier and bringing in a better, more clued-up manager. You might have had some silverware to cheer about.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:27 pm

Keegan rofl 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:31 pm

A new Newcastle fan to challenge Moals monopoly on this forum hmm
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:45 pm

As if that means anything.

Not to mention there were a number of rich Italian teams paying over the odds to some of the players along with the Spanish big two.There is no doubt he would've chosen Italy and Spain as destinations over England and i actually dont think you would've stood a chance. :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:52 pm

Surag wrote:

As if that means anything.

Not to mention there were a number of rich Italian teams paying over the odds to some of the players along with the Spanish big two.There is no doubt he would've chosen Italy and Spain as destinations over England and i actually dont think you would've stood a chance. :coffee:

Why not? I seem to remember that Juninho was the hottest thing in South American football and rejected loads of top European clubs to play for Middlesborough.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:02 pm

I'm assuming Neymar would be generating the same amount of buzz and hype as now back then.Surely Italian and Spanish teams would've been all over him at the time where both leagues were the 2 best leagues in the world.

Top 5 revenue actually meant nothing because there were Italian teams like Lazio who were spending like crazy without taking sustainability into account.I mean there was no financial model,he just pumped in all his money into the club and eventually had to be forced to sell the club.

Last edited by Surag on Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:02 pm

I can see Neymar in Newcastle being realistic in the future...

Spoiler:
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:07 pm

Welcome to the forum Redsnoop Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:21 pm

Vibe wrote:I can see Neymar in Newcastle being realistic in the future...

Spoiler:

Tbf he played at our stadium during the Olympics :coffee:

We should have locked him in a room until he agreed to sign Mad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum